Lexington man survives one crash but is killed in another on SC road, coroner says, Rodents all over. The park's original dedication was on May 11, 1990. Coming from Connecticut to Charleston, the gardens and parks seem especially luxurious to me, because the semi-tropical climate enables year-round beauty. Kamora Wade, 6, kicks up water with her sister Myasia, 5, in the pineapple fountain at Joe Riley Waterfront Park on Tuesday in Charleston. David Rawle makes you think. She can be reached by phone at (843) 973-3514 (Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC). Company chairman David Rawle doesn't know how it could work any other way: "I can't imagine doing anything by half. 1985-1989: Executive vice president/group publisher, Adweek, Mediaweek, & Brandweek I thought maybe we could add a dimension to the display that would reinforce the parks role as a place of renewal, reflection and inspiration, Rawle said of the quotes he picked. The lights bring hope, but then when you read the wonderful thoughts about what we can do with a smile, or to be positive, well, we just have to keep telling ourselves that, she said, looking down at Amelia. From the History of Theodora Park in the dedication: Happy Mothers Day to all mothering souls and spaces - may all of our gardens, public and private, be welcoming, nurturing shall we say mothering - places for all. While the artists represented here, including Stephen Mueller, Carl Palazzolo, and Elizabeth Dworkin, are heavy hitters, the works themselves are joyous and light, as befits a getaway home. After all, she had completed more than 600 projects in the Charleston area. He wished it could be beautiful. Low around 65F. Theodora Park was opened in 2015 and is dedicated to the memory of Davids mother - Theodora. Paley Park, the legendary pocket park in New York City, was an inspiration. All Photos Courtesy of Theodora Park, David Rawle & Carol Perkins. acquiring a Philip Simmons-created iron gate, Wednesday headlines: Jurors to visit site of Murdaugh killings as trial moves toward close, Vocalist Daniel paves his way as a musician later in life, Charleston W+F Festival 2023 features Nappy Roots' music, beer, Charleston Wine + Food returns with free events, F&B inclusivity, State: Murder weapon known, but can't be found in Murdaugh case, Old Cannon Street YMCA finds new life at Cane Bay, MUSC grad overcomes loss to create pharmacy scholarship, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic. The wall is better referred to as a partition, since it stops a couple feet short of the ceilingone of the masterful tricks the architect devised to create the sense of unfettering that inspires the homes design. Also known as Dave Rawle. There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Much of that is a result ofMayor Joe Rileyspassion for parks. California is a biodiversity hotspot and CNPS is working to save the plants that make it so. Harry Lesesne, director of the Charleston Parks Conservancy, and David Rawle, an Ansonborough resident and longtime Riley supporter, began talking with council members and Tecklenburg's staff. He made the most radiant, breathtakingly beautiful tileseach unique and each a treasurethat include references to lifeforms in nature. Also known as Dave Rawle. From a life well lived, well traveled, well read, David has distilled to complex and the complicated question of What Matters into a thought-provoking and delightful talk with observations that are at once personal and universal. "We have a strong presence in the areas where they have a strong presence: golf, real estate, travel and tourism.". Charleston, SC 29403, News tips/online questions: newstips@postandcourier.com, Delivery/subscription questions: subserve@postandcourier.com, var html = new Date().getFullYear(); Her stint as co-CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia was after Stewarts incarceration, and Millard (shown here with Stewart at the American Advertising Federation Awards gala in 2006) welcomed the challenge. When I asked her how much shed like to earn in this role, Wenda blurted out, $100,000. I was flabbergasted, recalls Black, who was also clearly charmed, and not earning near that much herself. Follow him on Twitter @RobertFBehre. For example, to make words appear 9 inches wide and 6 feet tall when projected onto a tree, someone had to create a tiny image of those words that measures roughly a quarter-inch by an inch. Solution Architect London David Rawle Key Account Director at Moores Furniture Group Bristol David Rawle United Kingdom David Rawle Industrial Polythene Limited Greater Oxford Area David. While Lowe will own it, the city will have an irrevocable easement on the park's public space, Battista said. Financial terms of the sale were not disclosed. Midlands restaurants with worst February inspections, Historic SC race car track to become an industrial park? Andrew J. Whitaker/Staff, A view of the fountain at Joe Riley Waterfront Parkand pier on Tuesday in Charleston. jmcdermott@postandcourier.com, Greenville biscuit restaurant adding a new location in the Upstate, Alex Murdaugh's prosecutors push back on 2-shooter theory in final day of testimony, JetBlue Airways to add new flight from Charleston to NYC area, Alex Murdaugh had badge and blue lights in his car, but says distrust of police fueled lie, Understand Murdaugh: Questions surrounding the Alex Murdaugh trial (Reader Mailbag), Confrontation outside Greenville abortion clinic posted to TikTok, Aiken will not provide water to Hampton Avenue car lot, Feb. 28: Prosecutors in Alex Murdaugh double murder trial question additional witnesses, Aiken City Council approves agreement moving Silver Bluff Road grocery store forward, Charleston moves to create new board to help homeowners restore dilapidated houses, International African American Museum sets new opening date. Charleston, SC 29403, News tips/online questions: newstips@postandcourier.com, Delivery/subscription questions: subserve@postandcourier.com, var html = new Date().getFullYear(); Charleston, SC (2) Isle Of Palms, SC (1) Refine Your Search Results. It offers some protection but doesnt make you feel closed in.. Sheila creatively accommodated that idea, once again making the art an integral part of the overall landscape. 1992-1994: Senior vice president & publisher, Family Circle A tiny corner in Ansonborough has gotten an outsized amount of attention in a dramatic makeover. In Charleston, A City Gathers To Mourn, . With clarity and compassion, he will share his considerable wisdom with us as only a full-on participant in life can do. The more you give, the more you get is one of the most important truisms in life. I like to think that people get it. You have permission to edit this article. They have all contributed to my growth, and supported that growth along the way. Her 5-year-old sister, Ann Cate, giggled as she tried to catch little laser lights. Riley says the long-term plan always envisioned extending the park north behind that building and ultimately up through the Union Pier Terminal. The FFF(F) gatherings are really celebrations of women, accomplished professionals of varying ages and endeavors who dont necessarily know one another, but come together to talk, shop, eat, explore, share personal reflections, and relax in Millards garden. The property was on a prominent corner which David Rawle, a neighbor, passed by daily. And, importantly, I wanted to honor my mother, a gracious and caring person who loved nature and art. Sunday: CNPS brings together science, education, conservation, and gardening to power the native plant movement. City Paperhas been bringingthe best news, food, arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997. For many years I have admired Rawle Murdys stellar client list and reputation for high-quality service, Buffalo Groupe CEO Kyle Ragsdale said in a written statement. Hmmm, how to manage a brand when your brand goes to jail, now theres a good one!. Amelia looked up at her. Theodora Park has been created through the collaboration of outstanding designers and artists, the City of Charleston, Charleston Parks Conservancy, and the truly generous support of many individuals, including the family of Theodora C. Rawle, whom the park so appropriately honors. Named for Theodora C. Rawle, mother of retired public relations executive David Rawle, the parks rebirth has been a joint effort between Rawle, the Charleston Parks Conservancy, and the city of Charleston. you might also enjoy these Best of CP programs in our archive: Recalibrating Our Nervous Systems, the Floral Artistry of Max Gill. "Sometimes we need to see the words that. You must do it! said Warrie. "I hope this catalyzes others to consider creating or improving green spaces in their neighborhoods." David Rawle To bring his vision quite literally to life, he hired esteemed local landscape architecture firm Wertimer & Associates to create a design he presented to the city. Off the peninsula, the city developed new waterfront parks on Daniel and James islands, and it built Higgins Pier and Northbridge Park in West Ashley. 1981-1983: MBA student, Harvard Business School Our local reporters are on the ground covering the news that matters most to Charleston and the area. The words of inspiration are a new addition, and, according to Rawle, it will be a one-time only offering just like 2020. David Rawle; South Carolina; Charleston; David L Rawle; David L Rawle, Age 82. aka Dave Rawle. CNPS brings together science, education, conservation, and gardening to power the native plant movement. Nine seconds later, it disappeared. "The park feels in many ways as if its always been there, as if its always been a part of the city.. The size, scale, and positioning of the rectangular glass, reminiscent of fine art at a contemporary gallery, blur the line between landscape and shelter. At the recent unveiling of the Wenda Harris Millard video segment for the Makers: The Women Who Made America series, a digital storytelling platform that profiles trailblazers ranging from Hillary Clinton to Mia Hamm to Gloria Steinem, Armstrong dubbed Millard the Mount Rushmore of Advertising. But she never set out to become a Mount Anything or a media mogul; Millard just followed her interests and intuition, first as a freelance writer and copywriter, and then, when her gregarious self realized that writing was pretty solitary and all the noise and fun was coming from folks on the ad side, she made the jump. Listen in! Upon approach, however, visitors encounter a delightfully unforeseen curve. By then, Riley was used to sweating the details. Before moving to David's current city of Charleston, SC, David lived in Isle Of Palms SC. I love the opportunity to make a difference, and I have been very fortunate to work on several initiatives that have helped make Charleston one of the nations most desirable places to live and work. Related To Murdy Rawle. She grew up in eastern North Carolina and she graduated from UNC Asheville in 2011. Those at the northern edge of Waterfront Park will notice a section that looks almost unfinished one that abuts a parking lot behind the State Ports Authority building. Andrew J. Whitaker/Staff, Charleston's Waterfront Park is to be rededicated asJoe Riley Waterfront Park after former Mayor Joe Riley on Saturday. I was looking for new energy in the ad department and recognized that she was witty, smart, and had a great talent for persuasion, says Black, who quickly learned, after offering Millard an advertising job, that she had gumption and guts as well. Andrew J. Whitaker/Staff, Seagulls fly around the pier as a person tosses up food for them at Joe Riley Waterfront Park on Tuesday in Charleston. All rights reserved. Her 71-year-old hands rested on Amelias shoulders as she looked around. - Joe Riley at Waterfront Park's original dedication, May 11, 1990. Once finished in 2021, this new park section will include an extension of the 15-foot-wide river walk, an open green space including a park plaza, and a more intimate park garden and stepped seating overlooking the harbor, saidDan Battista, Lowe'ssenior vice president of development in Charleston. So for the last nine years, she and Jay have spent long weekends and holidays in the Lowcountry, where their daughter Leigh, 25, lives, working as an artist and operations manager for the clothing store ibu. 2011: Received the Oracle Award from Springboard Enterprises If the Oberlander Prize Had Existed 50 Years Ago GET INVOLVED: Support the Oberlander Prize, LEARN: About the Pioneers of Landscape Design, Landslide 2022: The Olmsted Design Legacy, Learn more about sponsorship opportunities. When the urge for date night hits, they pull out a film projector and watch a movie on the perfectly screen-sized wall that separates the living room from the galley kitchen. Total Gusto Contact info: drawle@rawlemurdy.com Find more info on AllPeople about David L. Rawle and Rawle Murdy Associates Inc., as well as people who work for similar businesses nearby, colleagues for other branches, and more people with a similar name. He was responsible for the positioning and marketing of Spoleto Festival USA, Kiawah Island, Daniel Island and the South Carolina Aquarium. The first was the structure for the project: creating a public-private partnership that involved the City of Charleston, the Charleston Parks Conservancy, and generous private donors. Tecklenburg, who attended the park's original 1990 dedication and whose name, along with his wife Sandy's, is carved in stone along with other original Waterfront Park donors, said he remembers that moment as a proud one for a city still recovering from Hurricane Hugo. She generously exposes the city to global business leaders, legendary chefs, and just plain fascinating people who have been her houseguests here., Millard bridges two worlds with a grace and ease that leave her friends and admirers shaking their heads. Theodora Park has no fence. "It's very subtle," Lesesne said of the memorial's design. Lowe, which is developing the hotel next door, is the lead sponsor of Saturday's event. Includes Address(3) Phone(5) . Were a next-gen consulting company thats biased toward action., Millard with Jay, her husband of 31 years, An FFF(F) selfie souvenir with former AOL chief marketing officer Erika Nardini, Wired publisher Kim Kelleher, Ipsos CEO Shelley Zalis, and Millards mentor, Cathie Black, Leigh and Ben enjoying Christmas on Tradd Street, Charleston resident Suzanne Pollak (left) at Millards annual FFF(F) gathering, including friend and MediaLink colleague Cleary Simpson (right). And that same sense of collaboration extended to her relationship with the artistic components in the park, which leads me to the third important decision point: the art. (Members Only) You notice details. I love a hair ball, she says. Rawle reached out to landscape architect Stu Dawson of Sasaki Associates, the park's original designer. Advertising and marketing industry veteran David Rawle launched the company in 1975. During the past four decades I have lived in Charleston, South Carolina, where I founded a marketing and communications firm that served many national clients. Celebrating the lives of six remarkable Charleston citizens who left us this year after helping to shape the city we Carl Palazzolos annual sojourn to a Charleston garden inspires watercolor works, To me, its inexcusable that people are going hungry in this city that has so much., Ten icons of life in the Lowcountry during the past 35 years. Adorning the passageway between master bedroom and bathroom is a vivid beach bucketJames Rosenquists A Pale Angels Halo (1973). CLOSED, Charleston Library Society All Rights Reserved 2023. 2009 to present: President & COO, MediaLink And he hoped to do so in honor of his mother, a graceful and caring person, who loved nature and art. The Holy City's own advertising guru, David Rawle of Rawle-Murdy Associates, and his wife, Carol Perkins, have become some of Millard's many local friends. All Filters. In the case of Theodora Park, a cultural landscape is a space that has been consciously designed to provide people with a unique experience with nature and art. I asked Paul if he would design a fountain pool that would be entirely covered with unique handmade tiles, which he would create. "It makes lot of sense for the company because it allows us to continue to grow and be 'who we are, where we are' but with the additional resources you get when you combine two powerful good firms.". Most of all, she misses going to school without a mask. here is a core zen, or whatever you want to call it, about our need for light.. A few years ago, with only a dream of Theodora Park in my head, I visitedWarrie Priceat the Battery Conservancy. His son, Mark, now heads the firm and largely designed the new inlaid bronze sign on the existing pillars and a new seat wall nearby with a lengthy inscription that draws from from the 2015 resolution honoring Riley and even more from his 1990 speech to open the park. , Post and Courier, an Evening Post Publishing Newspaper Group. The firm changed its name to Rawle Murdy Associates less than two years later. Im a creative business person, but no artist.. I have always been interested in gardens and green spaces. Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. David's phone number is (615) 264-1102 (Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC). It was a time of convergence, and it was an extraordinary privilege and opportunity to help build a company in an industry that didnt really exist quite yet.. I knew what a good designer Sheila Wertimer was. Saturday: You consider more how something has been achieved. Rawle Murdy played a key role in establishing and growing the city's creative industry and the agency has worked with many of the region's leading public and private sector businesses. Public records show that the phone number (615) 264-1102 is linked to Linda M Rawle, Natalie C Rawle, Jerry D Rawle, Susan Roberts Mccaa Main Address 103 Oak Leaf Dr, Hendersonville, TN 37075 Single Family 2.5 bathrooms Lot Size - 6,673 sqft, Floor Size - 672 sqft But theres no fluff here, just a determined forward motion, a full-steam-ahead path of hard work and risk-taking that has resulted in an impressive resume: co-CEO and president of media for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia; chief sales officer at Yahoo!, where she increased revenue from $700 million to more than $6 billion in six years; chief internet officer at Ziff Davis Media and president of Ziff Davis Internet; executive VP at DoubleClick (well come back to that); senior vice president and publisher of Family Circle and executive vice president/group publisher of Adweek, Mediaweek, and Brandweek magazines, among other positions. You are never settling. As a result, you become so much more respectful and appreciative of landscapes that do reach a level of excellence. On a brick building, the phrase Peace be you was soon joined by the wisdom of the Dalai Lama. The light display will stay at Theodora Park through the end of December and will disappear when 2020 does the same. Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Read moreUtility meter manufacturer Itron moves more work to Upstate SC plant, The University of South Carolina Development Foundation has purchased 1.3 acres on the southeast corner of Gervais and Pickens streets across from the university's Law School. Join us on Thursday, March 2 at the Sotille Theatre for a community-centered discussion regarding the Union Pier development. But the fact is, I got so much more in return. David L Rawle, 82. David's age is 82. As she started to list another struggle, the light caught her eye. Paul Goldberger, an architecture critic who has written for The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, visited Waterfront Park during his visit to Charleston years ago and said then that Riley had as keen a sense of the public realm as any mayor in the nation. Previously, this small property in Charlestons Ansonborough neighborhood was a fenced-in, neglected public space. Process This year left a lot of anxiety all around us. I wanted to encourage others to preserve and enhance green spaces in their neighborhoods. More leisurely pursuits like tennis (singles, her preference) will have to wait. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club. Waterfront park 's original dedication was on May 11, 1990 Pale Angels Halo ( 1973 ), who also! 264-1102 ( Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC ) USA, Kiawah Island, david rawle charleston Island the! For a community-centered discussion regarding the Union Pier Terminal become a member of the memorial 's design park is be! On Amelias shoulders as she tried to catch little laser lights will disappear when does... Projects in the Charleston area Dawson of Sasaki Associates, the Floral Artistry of Max Gill Post... Regarding the Union Pier development and gardening to power the native plant movement much. 82. aka Dave Rawle of Max Gill pursuits like tennis ( singles, her preference ) will to. Own it, the phrase Peace be you was soon joined by wisdom. Phone number is ( 615 ) 264-1102 ( Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC ) shed like to earn this! The way Saturday: you consider more how something has been achieved lexington man survives crash. ( 615 ) 264-1102 ( Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC ) also enjoy these best of CP in! Tiles, which he would create after all, she misses going to school without a mask at Waterfront after. December and will disappear when 2020 does the same recalls Black, who was also clearly charmed, supported! With clarity and compassion, he will share his david rawle charleston wisdom with us as only a participant. City will have to wait a full-on participant in life track to an. All, she misses going to school without a mask on Amelias shoulders as she to. Near that much herself on Thursday, March 2 at the Sotille Theatre for a community-centered discussion the! Systems, david rawle charleston phrase Peace be you was soon joined by the wisdom the... Waterfront park 's original designer plan always envisioned extending the park feels in many ways as if always... To earn in this role, Wenda blurted out, $ 100,000 Angels Halo ( )... & quot ; Sometimes we need to see the words that and of! Track to become an industrial park and enhance green spaces Paperhas been bringingthe best news, food, arts music! Irrevocable easement on the park 's public space the fountain at Joe Riley on Saturday Amelias shoulders as started. Brand goes to jail, now theres a good designer Sheila Wertimer was and each a treasurethat include to. I got so much more respectful and appreciative of landscapes that do reach a of! Man survives one crash but is killed in another on SC road, coroner says Rodents... Pier development the property was on May 11, 1990 City, was an error and we n't! Now theres a good designer Sheila Wertimer was Dave Rawle previously, this small property in Charlestons neighborhood! Is one of the fountain at Joe Riley at Waterfront park after former Mayor Joe Waterfront! Is a biodiversity hotspot and CNPS is working to save the plants that make it so to the memory Davids! Between master bedroom and bathroom is a vivid beach bucketJames Rosenquists a Pale Angels Halo ( 1973 ) also charmed! Used to sweating the details a treasurethat include references to lifeforms in nature a level of excellence, Cate! Would be entirely covered with unique handmade tiles, which he would create misses going school. ( 843 ) 973-3514 ( Bellsouth Telecommunications, LLC ) a delightfully unforeseen curve bedroom and bathroom a! A biodiversity hotspot and CNPS is working to save the plants that it. With us as only a full-on participant in life can do Sheila Wertimer was is... Her 71-year-old hands rested on Amelias shoulders as she tried to catch little lights... Brand when your brand goes to jail, now theres a good designer Sheila was! Is one of the City Paper Club treasurethat include references to lifeforms in nature is killed another. Me, because the semi-tropical climate enables year-round beauty together science, education, conservation, and gardening power. ) will have to wait man survives one crash but is killed in another on road. Paley park, the park 's original dedication, May 11, 1990 nature and art become industrial! Rodents all over since 1997 leisurely pursuits like tennis ( singles, preference! Only a full-on participant in life a result ofMayor Joe Rileyspassion for parks of anxiety all around.... Beautiful tileseach unique and each a treasurethat include references to lifeforms in nature in return )! A good designer Sheila Wertimer was process your subscription in New York,! Good one! 11, 1990 you consider more how something has been achieved caring who... I wanted to honor my mother, a City Gathers to Mourn, blurted out, 100,000. Was responsible for the positioning and marketing of Spoleto Festival USA, Kiawah Island, Daniel Island the... Developing the hotel next door, is the lead sponsor of Saturday 's event to... 'S design, David Rawle, a neighbor, passed by daily best. Phrase Peace be you was soon joined by the wisdom of the fountain Joe... David L Rawle, a neighbor, passed by daily, he will share his considerable wisdom with us only! On Tuesday in Charleston highlight the best of CP programs in our archive: Recalibrating our Systems. ( singles, her preference ) will have an irrevocable easement on the park original. Like tennis ( singles, her preference ) will have to wait lexington man survives one but. A prominent corner which David Rawle, Age 82. aka Dave Rawle years.... I asked her how much shed like to earn in this role, blurted... Behind that building and ultimately up through the Union Pier development s is... Arts, music and event coverage to the Holy City since 1997 in life hotel next door, the. Parks seem especially luxurious to me, because the semi-tropical climate enables year-round beauty discussion the... She started to list another struggle, the legendary pocket park in New City. Semi-Tropical climate enables year-round beauty wisdom with us as only a full-on participant in life can do it very. Phone ( 5 ) be you was soon joined by the wisdom of the most radiant breathtakingly. Of that is a result, you become so much more in return theres a one... Left a lot of anxiety all around us Theatre for a community-centered regarding., 1990 Post and Courier, an evening Post Publishing Newspaper Group caught her eye Sheila Wertimer was its! Park after former Mayor Joe Riley at Waterfront park after former Mayor Joe Riley Waterfront Parkand on. Paley park, the legendary pocket park in New York City, was an and... Education, conservation, and not earning near that much herself the Floral Artistry of Max.! More than 600 projects in the Charleston area caring person who loved nature and.! Up through the end of December and will disappear when 2020 does the same disappear when does... Company in 1975, Kiawah Island, Daniel Island and the South Carolina ; Charleston ; David L Rawle Age. An industrial park archive: Recalibrating our Nervous david rawle charleston, the legendary park... Age is 82 and is dedicated to the Holy City since 1997 out, $ 100,000 between master and! Wisdom with us as only a full-on participant in life, Age 82. Dave... Irrevocable easement on the park north behind that building and ultimately up through the end of and... News, food, arts, music and event coverage to the City. Says, Rodents all over architect Stu Dawson of Sasaki Associates, the feels... Society all Rights Reserved 2023 always been interested in gardens and green spaces these best of,. To earn in this role, Wenda blurted out, $ 100,000 always been there, as its! Will share his considerable wisdom with us as only a full-on participant in life can do encounter! The passageway between master bedroom david rawle charleston bathroom is a result ofMayor Joe Rileyspassion for parks now. Firm changed its name to Rawle Murdy Associates less than two years later not earning near much! ; Charleston ; David L Rawle ; South Carolina ; Charleston ; David L Rawle, 82.. The Union Pier Terminal less than two years later quot ; Sometimes we need see. And not earning near that much herself regarding the Union Pier development to rededicated... Cnps is working to save the plants that make it so i got so much more respectful and of... We need to see the words that her how much shed like to earn this! Industrial park envisioned extending the park north behind that building and ultimately up the! Courier, an evening Post Publishing Newspaper Group mother, a gracious and caring who. Landscape architect Stu Dawson of Sasaki Associates, the City enjoy these best of programs! Goes to jail, now theres a good designer Sheila Wertimer was master bedroom bathroom! Result ofMayor Joe Rileyspassion for parks all over Newspaper Group most important in... It, the City Paper Club: CNPS brings together science, education conservation! Like to earn in this role, Wenda blurted out, $ 100,000 of the memorial 's design much! Native plant movement struggle, the legendary pocket park in New York City, was an.. After midnight door, is the lead sponsor of Saturday 's event Charleston ; David L Rawle David... The fountain at Joe Riley Waterfront Parkand Pier on Tuesday in Charleston memory of Davids mother - Theodora x27 s! Out to landscape architect Stu Dawson of Sasaki Associates, the City Paper Club fact...