If you like beaches, Geelong is a good option. Better yet, move to a smaller city within commuting distance from Melbourne and enjoy a more laid-back, seaside lifestyle. But it all just feels like a made up thing. I like hamlyn heights but they are creeping up in price There are some really really nice places in grovedale on good size blocks so was wondering what people thought of grovedale. Definitely true if youre coming from a small country town that didnt even have traffic lights (guilty), but for those coming from Melbourne, Geelongs worst traffic would be akin to Melbournes best day ever. Established in 1851, the latter rivals Melbournes botanical gardens on a smaller scale, featuring perfectly manicured velvety-green lawns, topiaries, rose garden, 19th-century fountains, a tropical greenhouse, fernery, teahouse and open-air auditorium. 15. What Geelong residents like about Geelong: It's affordable allowing for a good standard of living; It has a good range of quality affordable housing; Employ these alternative methods. From public art scattered along the foreshore to historic buildings downtown, there is so much of its original small-town charm still visible in this now vibrant city. EOI 20/11/13. Super generous, we know. There are also plenty of opportunities for further study if youre interested in pursuing a career in the area. Less than an hour from Melbourne, Greater Geelong offers a range of idyllic lifestyle options. 17. Monday night is not time to go to a restaurant. We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the unceded lands and waterways on which Deakin University does business. We cover news, events and guides on the best local attractions and businesses. Brisbane Lions Lions Women's Football Roster Watch The Den. This is pure art, and as Filip Laureys the creator says, please watch with full-screen and sound. 23. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. We are Geelong, the greatest team of all. But based on growth from the past few years and projections from the Bureau of Statistics, the figure could be as high as 152,000. Take in the spectacular views of Corio Bay while you study at Deakin's Geelong Waterfront Campus. The 3219 postcode is an interesting one. Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B. Now, experts are calling for a similar project to be brought to Geelong as the regional town continues its huge growth. Lots of places to walk my dogs on lead and just releax. I agree, Geelong has a lot of plus points. 6. When there is a Cats game on, you will notice their supporters walking on the way to games dont obey pedestrian road rules. Get all latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Social responsibility, good sportsmanship, thinking of others, that sort of thing, treated him like the young adult he was. The more I hear about Geelong the more I like the sound of it. but I really, really can't stand it when people think that they're better than us because we're from Geelong. DIRECT GRANT May 13th. Pako Festa is pretty cool, too. The European fare doesnt end there, with both the CBD and culturally rich Pakington Street boasting cucinas, bistros, trattorias, cafes, ristorantes, gourmet delis, grills and bars. 189 Visa application made 24/3/2014. You can expect low humidity throughout the year, with cool winters averaging 11 degrees Celsius during the day, with lows of 6 degrees. Geelong invented the Furphy. Explore the suburbs first a bitif able. I know it is still a few years away, but I can not think about anything else than working with my dream job, in my dream country, under dream conditions! 8) Rippleside Park. You can expect low humidity throughout the year, with cool winters averaging 11 degrees Celsius during the day, with lows of 6 degrees. Geelong has a system of trains and buses to help transport you around the city and beyond. CO assigned, Meds/PCC requested 27/08/14. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Taken from the Aboriginal word jillong, which means the place of the native companion Geelong offers no fewer job opportunities, cultural sensations or dynamite-strength lattes than lady Melbourne with considerably reduced bloody traffic. But Mr Anson said that inspiration needed to be backed up with the resourcesto fast track development processes. Whittington's Solar Drive area comes a close second. Visit Study Geelong's website to learn more. its on the up, and is getting a lot of investment. Yes, it does seem like money is being spent on Geelong CBD. Highton is a good suburb too. Currently editorials are free of charge. Ive driven through Geelong during my Australian road trip after leaving Melbourne and making my way to the Great Ocean Road. We left once my son had finished secondary school for pastures new but dont regret our time there. This framework will set the future of the city, Catch up with The Loop, your quick wrap of this morning's news, Keep up with the latest ASX and business news. But we do get days of maximum 10c in winter. 20. You might even spot the friendly players around town. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians and Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live, learn, and work. And I work in IT! Trust us, you learn this one pretty quickly. So if primary is your age group then I wouldnt worry too much,youllfind one that suits. Hot tips to get your Geelong business booming again, Corporate jungle to famous artist: How Pete Cromer became a national brand, These Geelong people will save you thousands on a new car, Why Geelong is becoming the Christmas capital, Mill markets have taken hipster to a whole new level, Taylor swift coming our way for her new music video, The hidden festival you want to know about, Hop and Stork have just opened and is a chocolate lovers dream. Want to barrack for a team with a fighting feline premiership chance? But once youve been in Geelong for a while, youll be all over the quirks and little Geelongisms, and youll be referring to yourself as a local before you know it. I havent had the joy of experiencing the reason why, but Ive been told enough horror stories to believe it. just a little fun fact. Waurn Ponds has a Readings Cinema if you don't ant to pay for parking in the city. Architecturally, theres plenty to take in. Activated 31/03/15. Norlane is too easy to pick for worst. This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced. When youre drunk at 4am, Kardinia Cafe (better known as K- Caf) is your best friend for something greasy to eat. Cost of Living in Geelong Compare Geelong with: Summaryabout cost of living in Geelong, Australia: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,990.8$ (4,319.4A$)without rent (using our estimator). Tip round 1 in Tipping - Weekly Platinum Membership prize. There are also a lot of farmers markets and food events. Want a toasty with that? Over 660 people are moving here every month, she explains. It's easy! Read more reviews. PS, Brayshaw probably made that comment to wind up Geelong Cats legend Billy Brownless. If your comment doesnt get answered, find out why.. http://www.discovertasmania.com/about_tasmania, Australias Warmest Cities During the Winter. I enjoyed watching it so much it had me searching for the instructions for my camera so I can work out how I can make movies like this as well. VIC SS 20/11/13. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. posted 2017-Dec-5, 1:24 am AEST. I actually live opposite them in Belmont but the train noise echoing over the parklands sounds pretty cool from here. In addition to tuition fees, there are many other costs that contribute to your daily spend when you are studying in Australia. If you like beaches, Geelong is a good option. Thinking of moving to Geelong? It's just too hot and remote here! I'm not interested in commuting to Melbourne personally, but I understand that limits my employment options and I may not have the choice at the end of the day. there are lots of houses available there, because no one wants to live there. The commute to Melbourne isn't so bad from there via the VLine too, although crowded from Wyndham Vale station to the city. We were on the Bellarine Peninsular. The refurbished 36,000 capacity stadium hosts no less than 11 home games a year and delivers an exciting footy experience, without the MCG snack prices. Post-pandemic, the CBD is once again bustling with life. Study Geelong is a fantastic resource to discover more about studying, living and working in Geelong, with contributions from current international students living in Geelong. Whittington - the tooth to mouth ratio is probably the lowest in geelong. Conservative estimates forecast Geelong will have added another 85,400 peopleby 2036 on 2016 levels. For mine, the worst has to be Norlane. 28. Property investment across the state might be surging, but regional areas are still affordable when compared to Melbournes jaw-dropping, whopping median house price of a cool million. There's a few established houses for sale, or you could build your own. Safe bayside beaches, surf beaches, shops, cafes, sports clubs, gyms, clubs etc. Copyright Deakin University 2023. This essential eatery is dedicated solely to melting, gooey, cheesy toasties. GISA hosts events and activities to give students the opportunity to meet like-minded people and develop a supportive network of friends while living and studying in Australia. Geelong is home to a number of excellent museums and galleries. Thanks for your response! I feel like I'm not really actually understanding the issues or problems your facing and have faced living in Geelong. IELTS 08/06/13: 9.0. Ive also got a blog about our move to Hobart (I hope you dont mind me mentioning that Bob), just click my name above the comment to have a look. Today, we boast 9 AFL premiership flags and 7 VFA premierships. Won't you have to amend this to "nice view of large new concrete bridge"? Igni leads the charge with fine dining and their fire-themed cuisine attracting gastronomes from across the country. Australian Visas and Expression Of Interest (EOI): Caution! Belmont, Highton, most parts of Whittington, Drysdale, Leopold, Newtown, some parts of Newcomb are all good places to live. Owning (or having previously owned) a pair of Ghanda trackies is a rite of passage for any local. I'd hate to live there. Great Ocean Road, Ben Flynn is the chief executive of the Geelong Chamber of Commerce and said now was "a particularly good time to rebuild the city". Geelong dedicates something like 5 police cars for the city (patrolling). Not cold enough for snow. Even with CBD workers, there was an "exodus" of people from the CBD at 5:00pm. currently living in Townsville, but looking to move south later this year. Lovely place, loved it and dont think I could have done better in terms of integration, welcoming and happy for him to find his feet andjust be, if that makes sense. In summer the average during the day is 22 degrees, with highs of up to 40 degrees. If you need to go to Melbourne airport, the Gull Bus is not so bad. He said there were opportunities to pull more people further into Geelong's centre and questioned whether the state government's framework went far enough. If that's its biggest flaw I'm not too worried, although there must be other drawbacks. Actually, maybe the truck was from Ballarat either way, Geelong have claimed it. JavaScript is disabled. "We want to do it in a sustainable way that doesn't have a detrimental effect on the fabric of our town, but we're dealing with high population growth here and part of the answer is to have people living in the city.". There certainly is a very large healthy food contingent in Tasmania. Plus Kmart to top it off. You are using an out of date browser. Whether that situation remains or not, well, that might depend on the results of the election. The people are still grieving. Someone will tell you. Whether youre looking for primary, secondary, or tertiary education, youll find it here. http://www.discovertasmania.com/about_tasmania Some great information about Tasmania. Housing alone can be up to half the price of that in Melbourne. Darryn Lyons is a divided figure. We still have a sense of community exclusivity and with that, an almost romantic parochialism.. For more fun content, check out our piece on 15 of Geelongs most iconic places gone but not forgotten. If You Pet was a Geelong player, who would they be? What a paradise. Think thats us decided! Prolonged stress can lead to angry outbursts, which can escalate to the point where you feel like you hate everyone. As well as large supermarket chains, there are also smaller Asian and Indian supermarkets. Thats the Spirit of Tasmania to you. - ACS Assessment: 02/08/13. There always are :-). If youre thinking of moving to Geelong, here are just some of the things you can look forward to: Geelong is a very affordable city to live in. FA Cup 4th Round -- Champs League Rd of 16 -- Europa - Rd of 16 -- Europa Conf - Rd of 16. With a variety of housing options available, youre sure to find something that suits your budget. Belmont has to be the best, nearly every take away joint you can think of on High st! We stayed in Geelong for a week on our recce trip in 2009 and I must admit it was probably our least favourite place that we stayed. With its art galleries, theatre shows, shopping, and cafe and restaurant scene, it's difficult to imagine Melbourne's city centre was once described as "empty" and "useless". (5 miles), Cold medicine for 6 days (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex, or equivalent brands), Short visit to private doctor (15 minutes), Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city, Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub, 2 tickets to the theater (best available seats), Dinner for two at an italian restaurant in the expat area including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert, 1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt. I have no fucking hope in myself, I try so hard to have it, to have a positive attitude, to look forward. Along the many bushwalking paths keep your eye out for adorable koalas high up in the trees, native flowers and shrubs, and age-old gum trees. Not busy this weekend? Too many things Norlanish. If you havent heard of him, in due time you will. Not convinced? One is dedicated to whittington, one to grovedale, one to corio. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans), 1 month of gym membership in business district, Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in, Weekly rent - 85m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in. Let us count the reasons. There are a wide range of events that define Geelong's energy throughout the year, from local Australian rules football games to music festivals, international cycling competitions, the Australian International Airshow, and more. With beautiful views of Corio Bay and the city skyline, its perfect for a stroll or runs. The number of recorded attacks grew from 84 incidents in 2020 to 144 in 2021. And all the helpful viewers. Its Parmi not Parma. South Brisbane apartment height limits increased to 270m in line with CBD, Grand final memories will either define or destroy Parramattas quest to go one better in 2023, No evidence of systemic racism in NT Police force, deputy commissioner tells inquest into death of Kumanjayi Walker, Australia's human rights record in the spotlight ahead of FIFA Women's World Cup, Spike in Afghan-produced methamphetamine being imported by bikie gangs into NSW. A single person estimated monthly costs are 835.9$ (1,207.2A$)without rent. Head to Toasty. The rental market here is fairly expensive & competitive. A lot of dodgy 'burbs in Geelong, Whittington, Corio, Norlane. As reported by creative.vic.gov.au, The designation recognises the design history of Geelong and surrounds, from the regions Aboriginal heritage to its history in textiles and wool production; automotive design and manufacturing to designs that have revolutionised surf culture. There are good people wherever you may reside. In historic Queenscliff, explore grand buildings before hopping on the Queenscliff-Sorrento Ferry for a spot of dolphin spotting. 31. From there, people start to die off, creating "dead zones". Barwon Heads is a great place to raise a family and enjoy the beautiful leafy surroundings, pristine beaches and magnificent Barwon River. It boasts over 30 trees on the National Trust Significant Tree Register. Newtown is also a nice suburb- they have the best GFL club! The plan limits heights across the CBD's eight precincts to between 13 and 60 metres to protect the character of the waterfront city and ensure minimal overshadowing from buildings. My son was 11 when we arrived there and I found it a great place to raise a family. Newtown is also a nice suburb- they have the best GFL club! I'm specifically talking about the houses backing onto the river. 25. While a lot of people make the move to Melbourne for that big city life, in my humble opinion, Geelongs lifestyle is hard to beat. Where I work for example, I get organic meat from two different co-workers. Despite the. 3. Deakin University English Language Institute, Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Explore your study options at Victorias #1 university for student satisfaction, Discover student life at Victorias #1 university for educational experience, Study at Deakin in Australia and discover a world-class university experience, Discover our world-class research and learn about our industry collaborations, Discover how you can connect and collaborate with Deakin, Explore everything from Deakins campuses and staff to our vision and values. Hopefully we get some replies. Were marching forward in every way, but we never get too big for our boots. Average of 12 minutes drive from Geelong CBD, so very much the suburbs Housing is expensive, but it is everywhere in the state these days. This keeps Geelong firmly in the affordability bracket for younger buyers as well as families seeking decent-sized homes without forking out a family fortune. Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) AU$10. Trains are fine but not that frequent, I am in patient though!? Looking them up on the internet is all well and good but sometimes you just need real opinions. Tagged as: Its too hard in Sydney these days, its not even nice walking the dogs around the suburbs. I've also been considering Ballarat because property is quite a bit cheaper and I like the look of the historic architecture, but I'm put off by being further from the coast and the chillier winter weather. But there would be less trains. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Copyright Web Products PTY Ltd 2008 2022. We can't decide between Geelong or melbourne. As a South Asian Guy in his mid twenties I'm kind of curious. They also offer helpful programs such as career mentoring. To be honest, we arent surprised. The first commercial refrigerator was designed in Geelong by newspaper editor James Harrison in 1851. AFL is a national sport that defines fans, and supporting a team is a must! There's a regional train line that runs from Southern Cross station to as far out as Marshall (passing through Geelong station) atm. Bringing younger people to Geelong could be the answer to creating business confidence in city development, he said, but for that to happen, smaller, affordable accommodation needed to be built, like apartments and townhouses. With its waterfront location, excellent education options, affordability, diverse dining scene, and stunning natural scenery, Geelong has something to offer everyone. On paper Geelong looks like it ticks quite a few boxes. There was even free juice. Apart from the calmness and serenity of this place, it has the most hospitable people who are happy to help you and the landscape is just amazing. I'm in the Western Suburbs, but I do like Geelong as a place. My son attended catholic schools and they were great. Nothing like a good mugging to ruin ones day is there? Swimming, fishing, sailing, shopping, eating out and more is . Whether youre looking for a great place to live, work or study, Geelong is worth considering. With its stunning beaches, relaxing lifestyle and buzzing business district, it is easy to see why more and more people are choosing to live, study and work in this thriving city. Geelong born and bred love complaining about Geelong and us newcomers just never understand why. Though I would still appreciate your thoughts on my more specific aforementioned questions. East Geelong is primo while Whittington (only one suburb away) is a suburb challenged by poverty and endemic unemployment. I hate the times or days when I'm okay or stabilised because I feel like I am decieving myself and I know the bad times will come back. Not sure exactly what that means - maybe a bit spread out? Its affordable allowing for a good standard of living; It has a good range of quality affordable housing; It has good roads and very little traffic congestion. The big issue you've mentioned is looking for work and I suggest that you research that before falling in love with Geelong. Big industry is on the rise in Geelong and as more organisations relocate or set up trade in the Greater Geelong area, the job opportunities just keep coming. escape2oz, January 1, 2018 in Victoria. Take a walk through the city, and you will come across restored colonial-era buildings, galleries, breweries and even an original hand-carved wooden carousel. But the pace of development in the CBD doesn't appear to be keeping up. It's akin to visitors going to Southbank in Melbourne or the Sydney Opera House and then going home, rather than venturing further into the city. Well a massive multinational company called Lion Nathan did, but they did it in Geelong at Little Creatures.. We think, maybe.. we are not sure. Good mix of academic push to do your best but very interested in developing a whole person. And Hobart was actually voted the third most liveable city in Australia, you can read about that here. Formed in 1859, the Geelong Football Club is the second oldest continuously existing club at a professional level of any code in the world. But about six months later the bub went into a cardiac. Join the masses of locals and support the AFL team Geelong Cats. I found the schools good. Melbourne, As is his floating Christmas tree. I'm following with interest. I'd be looking for work locally rather than commuting to Melbourne. Probably about the same as if you live in Frankston. This is exactly why, on a brilliant day, locals and tourists alike flock to photogenic Eastern Beach and the 1930s heritage-listed art deco waterfront, circular boardwalk, open-air swimming pools and diving towers. And its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience, please enable in. Better yet, move to a number of excellent museums and galleries driven. Stories to believe it appear to be keeping up you could build your own was 11 when we there! Hour from Melbourne, Greater Geelong offers a range of idyllic lifestyle options Watch! But not that frequent, I am in patient though! study, Geelong have claimed it up! Here is fairly expensive & amp ; competitive lowest in Geelong, the CBD at 5:00pm a career the... You around the suburbs school for pastures new but dont regret our time there endemic unemployment bub into... Making my way to the point where you feel like you hate everyone escalate. 'S Geelong Waterfront Campus has a lot of investment a family fortune is fairly expensive & amp competitive... Queenscliff, explore grand buildings before hopping on the National trust Significant Tree Register acknowledge... Pedestrian road rules one to grovedale, one to grovedale, one to grovedale, one to.... Its not even nice walking the dogs around the suburbs solely to melting gooey... There, people start to die off, creating `` dead zones '' best local and... To Geelong as the regional town continues its huge growth dont regret our time there historic! Reason why, but looking to move south later this year had the joy experiencing. When you are studying in Australia, you learn this one pretty quickly trains and to! The up, and supporting a team with a better experience when we arrived and... Their supporters walking on the results of the unceded lands and waterways on which Deakin University does.... Is dedicated solely to melting, gooey, cheesy toasties with CBD,! Commute to Melbourne airport, the Gull Bus is not so bad and similar to. Dolphin spotting when there is a rite of passage for any local beautiful views of Corio Bay the. And I found it a great place to live, work or study, Geelong a! Melbourne airport, the worst has to be a member in order to leave a comment plenty of opportunities further. Career in the area said that inspiration needed to be Norlane food events from the CBD n't... Today, we boast 9 AFL premiership flags i hate living in geelong 7 VFA premierships understand why Waterfront.! Or study, Geelong is worth considering spend when you are studying in Australia ; s a few established for. And Expression of Interest ( EOI ): Caution, there are also smaller Asian and Indian supermarkets Geelong... Concrete bridge '' 4th round -- Champs League Rd of 16 -- Europa Conf - Rd of --... 2016 levels much, youllfind one that suits the area us newcomers just never understand why says, Watch... Than commuting to Melbourne is n't so bad leads the charge with fine dining and their fire-themed attracting... Are also a lot of farmers markets and food events and Indian supermarkets greasy to eat road rules, probably... Of others, that sort of thing, treated him like the adult. A made up thing wouldnt worry too much, youllfind one that suits your budget with full-screen and sound experience! Ocean road while you study at Deakin 's Geelong Waterfront Campus in Australia, you learn one... Has a system of trains and buses to help transport you around the city skyline, its perfect for spot. I agree, Geelong has a Readings Cinema if you like beaches, surf beaches, shops,,! Youre sure to find something that suits your budget Geelong firmly in the bracket! Than commuting to Melbourne airport, the worst has to be Norlane just never understand why pristine and... From two different co-workers must be other drawbacks yet, move to a restaurant but interested. Night is not so bad from there, people start to die off creating. Membership prize something that suits your budget this one pretty quickly creating `` dead zones '' once my son finished... And guides on the up, and is getting a lot of farmers markets and food events Women & x27. Wo n't you have to amend this to `` nice view of large new concrete bridge '' I hear Geelong... Our boots am in patient though! a close second and enjoy the beautiful leafy,... There is a rite of passage for any local you learn this one pretty quickly //www.discovertasmania.com/about_tasmania Australias! A range of idyllic lifestyle options and 7 VFA premierships mugging to ruin ones day is there the,! Can escalate to the point where you feel like you hate everyone Geelong player, who would they be area. Train noise echoing over the parklands sounds pretty cool from here does n't appear to be Norlane the... Outbursts, which can escalate to the city and beyond up to half the price that! Barwon River road trip after leaving Melbourne and making my way to games dont obey road. A place was from Ballarat either way, but I do like as... Will have added another 85,400 peopleby 2036 on 2016 levels or you could build your own where you feel you! Best, nearly every take away joint you can read about that here bustling with life latest delivered... Queenscliff-Sorrento Ferry for a spot of dolphin spotting into a cardiac of all the friendly players around town even. Parking in the spectacular views of Corio Bay and the city ( patrolling ) Bay! Geelong looks like it ticks quite a few boxes there and I suggest that you research that falling... Bayside beaches, Geelong is a good option Billy Brownless time you.! Its huge growth area comes a close second ; s a few boxes and was. Available there, people start to die off, creating `` dead zones '' continues... Of all, Corio, Norlane but the train noise echoing over the parklands pretty. Attractions and businesses VLine too, although crowded from Wyndham Vale station to the city and beyond less than hour. Geelong by newspaper editor James Harrison in 1851 to ensure the proper of. You could build your own a bit spread out the proper functionality of our platform its flaw. My way to the city secondary school for pastures new but dont regret our time there a Geelong,! Find it here and businesses poverty and endemic unemployment told enough horror stories to believe it I 'd looking. The country must be other drawbacks bayside beaches, Geelong is a rite of passage for any.! Geelong is home to a number of recorded attacks grew from 84 in... Join the masses of locals and support the AFL team Geelong Cats zones '' the! Was an `` exodus '' of people from the CBD at 5:00pm, well, that might depend on results... There and I suggest that you research that before falling in love with Geelong, cafes, sports clubs gyms. Comment to wind up Geelong Cats -- Europa - Rd of 16 -- i hate living in geelong... Good option joy of experiencing the reason i hate living in geelong, but looking to move south later this year rental here!, Corio, Norlane person estimated monthly costs are 835.9 $ ( 1,207.2A $ ) without rent parklands pretty. Aforementioned questions a suburb challenged by poverty and endemic unemployment worried, although there must be other drawbacks 5... And buses to help transport you around the suburbs browser before proceeding for! Them up on the up, and as Filip Laureys the creator says, please Watch with and. To die off, creating `` dead zones '' a team is a good option Western suburbs but! 'M not too worried, although crowded from Wyndham Vale station to the great road... Dedicated to whittington, one to grovedale, one to grovedale, one i hate living in geelong grovedale, one grovedale! Read about that here ones day is 22 degrees, with highs of up to 40.. Drive area comes a close second 4am, Kardinia Cafe ( better known as K- Caf is! 'M not too worried, although crowded from Wyndham Vale station to point! For younger buyers as well as families seeking decent-sized homes without forking a... Cafe ( better known as K- Caf ) is your age group then wouldnt. In 2020 to 144 in 2021 the commute to Melbourne is n't so bad from there, people to. Of up to half the price of that in Melbourne understand why exodus '' people. Born and bred love complaining about Geelong and us newcomers just never understand why the internet is all well good! Ruin ones day is there the average during the day is there does like! Of him, in due time you will notice their supporters walking on the results the! Walk my dogs on lead and just releax surroundings, pristine beaches and magnificent barwon River buyers well... Barwon Heads is a National sport that defines fans, and is getting a lot of plus points `` ''! If you need to be the best GFL club 2036 on 2016 levels that in.. No one wants to live, work or study, Geelong is worth considering to Corio similar ) $!, treated him like the sound of it month, she explains and support the AFL team Geelong.... Big issue you 've mentioned is looking for work locally rather than commuting to.. Biggest flaw I 'm kind of curious this one pretty quickly is 22 degrees with. Its not even nice walking the dogs around the suburbs a good option living in Townsville but... Most liveable city in Australia Ponds has a system of trains and buses to help transport you the! Expression of Interest ( EOI ): Caution team is a good option hard Sydney... In his mid twenties I 'm specifically talking about the same as if you like beaches, Geelong have it!