Inexpensive, easy enough to customize. Veracruz and Huasteca Inspiration in a Mexican Whitewater Destination. For more tips on what to look for when selecting a used kayak, read our article How To Buy A Used Kayak. If youre looking for a Drift 9.5 review, this article will answer all your questions regarding that boats performance and handling on the water. Perception Kayaks current lineup includes over 25 different kayak models. (I don't) There is also a water bottle divit at the front of the seat. For safety, the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 does come with foam to add flotation. Perfect for new paddlers and seasoned yakers alike, the Swifty Deluxe by Perception delivers an awesome performance! Ill never sell it. Bought a 8.0 Sundolphin first and all I did was turnover, was not stable at all. WebAnnouncement: new PROMO pricing from Oak Orchard Canoe Kayak Experts allows for extra SAVINGS for our customers when purchasing SELECT Clearance, Closeout or Used Durability of the kayak is great. For the purpose of this article, we will focus on the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5. Read Swifty 9.5 DLX reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. You must register your kayak within 30 days of purchase to be eligible for the warranty. For other paddlers, the Drift 9.5 weighs 40 lbs. for sale. When choosing a kayak, consider how easy it is to enter and exit. With braces, the XT model is just over $300. Its easy to load and handles well in the bay. Perception kayaks are average in weight compared to other recreational kayaks, ranging from 26-pound kids kayaks to 85-pound fishing kayaks. The tracking is excellent, the style is perfect and definitely speaks to her personality, Plus seems pretty durable. The seat is comfortable and it's easy to reach the rod holders positioned behind the seats. SALE! Generally, longer kayakslike those in Perceptions day touring lineup, including the Expression, Conduit and Carolina modelsare quicker and track (travel in a straight line) better. Perception Kayaks is owned by Confluence Outdoor, a group of six paddlesports brands that also includes Wilderness Systems, Dagger, Mad River, Adventure Technology and Boardworks. Great kayak! The boat is light and easy to car top on our suburban. Read the rest of the Perception Kayaks Buying Guide for more details. Seat is decent. Get out and enjoy the water in the Perception Swifty Deluxe! I have a 240mm paddle and it is a very lazy low angle paddle that is hard sometimes in small spaces. If one of them is in much better shape - like less UV damage or seems to have hardier plastic - or if one has a seat that is much less likely to give you a backache than the other, itd be worth caring about. Based on the other reviews, I am very excited about Kayaking since this Kayak seems so easy to paddleeveryone else's reviews say it's kind of slow and doesn't go in a straight line. It would be much better if it was on a pivoting shaft like I've seen on many others. Plenty of storage. I've enjoyed it for flatwater and river paddling but it's still untested in whitewater (which will change this summer and I'm confident it will do fine within its limitations). FAQ - Rehab stroller. not significant differencesThe boat were similar enough to be essentially the same. Stop paddling and the boat will turn, so forget about drifting. Oh, the Swifty has been discontinued for next year, so if you can find someone who has them in stock and is dumping them, you might find a deal . A stable hull and awesome tracking keeps you on the straight and narrow when you set out on the open waters without sacrificing quick maneuverability. At just 44 pounds, its also a good option for paddlers looking for a lightweight kayak thats easy to car-top and carry to the launch. Their experimentation with kayak design led to many of the modern shapes we seetoday. Paddlers will appreciate the convenience of a 10-inch hatch in the stern of the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5, which provides access to ample storage room inside the kayak. The Swifty Deluxe 9.5 has a maximum capacity of 325lbs (147.4 kg), which is about average for recreational kayaks of this size. Perception kayaks are distributed through outdoor retailers like Dicks Sporting Goods or Dunhams Sports, as well as many independent paddle shops. Never mix alcohol and paddling. A lower 6" (15.2cm) tunnel is also available (made to order). Water Sport Equip App is now available on Google Play & App Store. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Like any kayak, there are countless ways you can personalize the fit and function of a Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5. The Swiftwater is very fast and good in the different conditions I have been in with it! Perception Kayaks makes good quality recreational and fishing kayaks priced in the low- to mid-range. The footwell is annoyingly shallow my size 11s either sit on the foot pegs at an angle or I have to scrunch my foot in there to sit flat on the pegs. In the 1980s through early 2000s, Perception Kayaks was a key player and industry leader in whitewater kayaking and made river runners, playboats and slalom kayaks. Possibly so given all the things it does very well. My husband was kayaking with his new kayak he bought from Wal Mart and I was effortlessly passing him while he had to work very hard to get past me. The little boat is really fast and tracks pretty well for its size but does have a little more roll to it than the standard Swifty. Im sure there are other retailers who will be selling off new boats for not much more than the used ones you are seeing. I knew I wanted a kayak after canoeing several times last summer, also knew I couldn't afford to put out much cash. Old Town makes sit-on-top recreational kayaks as well as longer, sit-inside touring kayaks like the Looksha 17 (formerly the Necky Looksha). WebFully Rigged Perception Outlaw 11.5 with Bow Mount Trolling Motor. This stability lets first-timers get that, "yeah, I can do this," feeling. Like Perception, there are lots of different Pelican kayaks to choose from. Their kayaks are entry-level in terms of pricing and performance. All prices are in USD. It could use a little foam in the bow to keep it up when it's capsized. I expect to have many great hours in it. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community! I didn't know it had adjustable foot pads or fishing rod holders until reading the reviews! Copyright 2023 Water Sport Equip. Because there are few moving pieces on sit-on-top kayaks, fewer things can break. The following Perception kayaks have received the highest star ratings by reviewers in our Paddling Buyers Guide. Molded-in rod holders and a 10 hatch make the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well. And Perception will likely have a replacement model if they dont already. They are sold through big-box stores and online retailers like Walmart and Amazon. This wasnt the first time the rankings had come in for criticism. Remember, if youre paddling any of these shorter kayaks, you are out to enjoy the day, not win any races. The design is suited for secure transport. Good beginner kayak. Cup holders tie downs etc are all very convenient. Hobies Mirage system is one of the best on the market, making pedaling easy and efficient. For kayaks longer than 13 feet, you will find more options from Old Town, making them a solid choice for those who enjoy longer tours. The front paddle holder and rear rod holders are a nicer feature though. These are fishing kayaks made for someone who is on a budget but wants to fish. Did a lot of research before purchase and based my purchase on several factors: I tried out my new swifty 9.5 DLX that my husband bought for our wedding anniversary. WebPerception Kayaks Clemson Natty Tribe 9.5 | Limited Edition Sit on Top Kayak 9' 6" Amazon.com: $599: No Reviews: Get Offer: Perception Tribe 11.5 Kayak - Discontinued The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak cockpit size measures a spacious 42.25 22 inches (107 56 cm)privileging easy entry and exit, without being too oversized for most paddlers. You have 0 items. Perception sells three recreational tandem models: the sit-on-top Rambler 13.5 and Tribe 13.5, and the sit-inside Cove 14.5. WebIn todays video we are reviewing the Perception Sound 9.5 and 10.5 kayaks. Perception kayaks are made of high-density polyethylene. Perception offers a wide selection of sit-on-top recreational designs, from the simple, budget-priced Rambler and Access to the more feature-rich Pescador and pedal drive-equipped Pescador Pilot and Crank, which allow you to propel the kayak with your legs. I used to have a sit-in I used to have a sit-in kayak but knee problems make it impossible for me to get in and out now. Adjustable foot braces offer good support for paddlers of varying heights, improving posture and paddling efficiency. I Love the Swiftwater! Ours came from MC Sports at a reduced late summer price and we are very pleased with it's lake performance. High initial and secondary stability make it pleasure to paddle but the tracking makes me want a rudder that the hull has no place to attach. If you are looking at this versatile recreational kayak, you may also encounter a sister version of the Swifty Deluxe 9.5, known as the Perception Drift 9.5. Seriously though, theyre the same boat with a few outfitting differences in the seat and deck rigging. WebThe Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak cockpit size measures a spacious 42.25 22 inches (107 56 cm)privileging easy entry and exit, without being too oversized for most It's a good beginner boat but will make you want a larger more expensive kayak. Seats, foot pegs, buckles and bungees are all parts that may need to be replaced on an older, used kayak. When viewing kayaks, many companies, including Perception, have a number in the kayaks name (for example the Carolina 12.0). $250., no paddle. The disadvantage of rotomolded polyethylene is that its heavier than space-age composites or mid-range thermoformed plastic. jim, Perception has very few models, thesedays http://www.perceptionkayaks.com/product_homepage/index/products. This was my first summer kayaking and have a Old Town Dirigo and the Swiftwater in our fleet. It paddles easy and secondary stability is good. Looking forward to some overnighters. The console and accessories slots are useful, especially the front bungee oar lock. Choose the JoyRide if youre looking to invest a bit more in on-water comfort and convenience, like upgraded seating and a larger, easy-open stern hatch. Again, pool noodle to the rescue. WebSwifty. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is outfitted with foot braces on adjustable sliders to fit a wide range of leg lengths and paddler heights, although users over 64 (192 cm) may feel cramped. I do own an ISLANDER PERCPETION SWIFTY that I got at DICKs for just over $200. Is that true? $425 each. FEATURES: 1-person, sit-in, recreation and fishing kayak. If you can find a used Perception kayak, youll spend less and get more value out of your dollars. The cockpit is larger than my Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 10, making getting in and out a lot easier with my long legs. capacity : 57 : $919.99 : $799.99 Privacy Policy, 1-person, sit-in, recreation and fishing kayak, Great for beginners or intermediate paddlers, Easy to paddle design for all skill levels, Five-year limited manufacturers warranty, Country of Origin : United States of America, Color :Funkadelic,Lime/Black Blue,Purple/Turquoise/Lime,Red/White/Blue,Sunset, Sea Eagle 370 Deluxe Tandem Kayak Package. The short length makes it responsive and lightweight, but means the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 isnt as fast as longer rec touring boats. $144.99. 2016. The stability seems to be good, though the Class 3 areas were a bit of a challenge (actually flipped on one). Now the downside. I guess it is up to you in the end, but then again isnt it always I would HIGHLY recommend these for the price we paid, $299 at Dicks. 2011. Slow-moving rivers; flat-water lakes and ponds; coastal waters with light waves, Get the Best Price for All Your Camping Gear - Price Comparisons from All the Top Sellers, AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE happiercamping.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Rod holders, tank wells and tackle storage areas are standard. I was able to find one for $200 so know they're out there. It's manageable to move around and transport. Because you dont need to lower yourself into the kayak, a sit-on-top is easier to enter and exit. The cockpit is much larger and more comfortable than the standard Swifty but the pegs will adjust back enough that my 9 year old daughter can reach them comfortably. The Perception Hi Life is a hybrid sit-on-top/paddleboard that is so stable that you can stand up on it. I can get from point A to point B in a more or less straight line, just not super fast. Great tracking. Top picks: Best Perception kayaks for 2023, Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge & Festival, Best Kayak Brands For Fishing, Sea Kayaking, Touring & More, Recreational Kayak Review: Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5, Fishing Kayak Review: Perception Pescador 12, Boat Review: Perception Sonoma 13.5 Airalite Kayak, Boat Review: Perception Expression 14.5 Kayak, Fishing Kayak Review: Sun Dolphin Journey 12 SS. Recreational kayaks are comfort-oriented for one very good reason: its hard to have fun if you are feeling cramped or stiff. This process is commonly used for making kayaks. It involves pouring plastic pellets into a shaped mold. You might be able to find a used one cheaper. We took it to Lake Powell in Arizona yesterday and it was awesome. I haven't even used the fore and aft deck rigging yet but this boat could carry quite a bit of gear. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. WebSwiftwater 12 by Perception discontinued Read Swiftwater 12 Reviews (4) or Submit Your Review This Product Has Been Discontinued More Kayaks from Perception: Hi Life 11.0 They are working to fill orders, and the companys recommendation is to contact local Perception dealers for the most up-to-date information. The dashboard offers a flat platform to set things like a small tackle box and a pair of pliers, and front and back rigging is a nice touch at this price point. Perception has been making kayaks for over 40 years. Smooth ride. Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 Kayak. Pyo, J., & Park, K. (2016). Perception Kayaks expert molders and craftspeople make their kayaks in a facility in Greenville, South Carolina, alongside sister brands in the Confluence Outdoor group (including Wilderness Systems, Dagger, Mad River, Adventure Technology andBoardworks). With its stable hull design, comfortable seating and spacious cockpit, the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is ideal for day tripping on small lakes, ponds and meandering rivers. These are great starter boats to help you grow your skills. Consider length when you are looking at sit-inside kayaks. Look at some of the other comparable DICKS kayaks while yer at it They Sell a FIELD & STREAM 9 1/2 model called eagle run or some such. Is that true? If you are trying to decide between these brands, its best to compare individual models of kayaks. Tracks well for a 9.5 boat, a gem at the price. The gunwales are somewhat low, a feature shorter paddlers appreciate, and its weight -- 44 pounds -- makes it easy to transport. As most of these are recreational kayaks, they are best suited for casual paddlers exploring calm waters on shorteroutings. If youre torn between the two, test paddle both and see if one fits or performs better for your needs. WebIn this video I review the best all around kayak of all time in my opinion - the Perception Sport Kayak. But were figuring it out. deloitte dallas partners; hydra coin discussion For me, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives in the Swifty. RECARO Monza Nova 2 Reha. Length: 11 ft 5 in / 3.48 m, Width: 30.25 in / 76.84 cm, Weight: 52 lb / 23.59 kg, Capacity: 350 lb / 158. The Perception Swifty 9.5 is slightly more stable than the faster and pricier JoyRide 10.0, but the latter offers more premium features. $479.99. As you read the reviews, consider where you plan to kayak, and the kind of conditions youd like to paddle in. I have a friend who is looking at them. Just a a little too narrow for me. Both Perception and Old Town are well-established kayak brands with a reputation for making quality products. I agree with what a lot of other reviewers have said: this is a stable, easy to handle, all-around boat perfect for beginners. The raspy edge to the cockpit required some file use and the addition of some cockpit trim edge and pad. Look at Dagger kayaks if you plan to do any sort of rough-water or whitewater paddling. The inexpensive price means that it only comes with one bulkhead in the rear leaving it to the user to install float bags in the front. Perceptions Carolina day touring kayak is unparalleled by any of the boats Pelicanmakes. A stable hull and awesome tracking keeps you on the straight and narrow when you set out on the open waters without sacrificing quick maneuverability. I just stand the kayak on its end at the rear of the vehicle, tip it forward and slide it up onto the racks. Hull design cuts the water well so speed is better than some of the cheaper model 10', and you're saving 6" of length. The flat bottom does lack directional tracking but you should expect this and enjoy the maneuverability that it affords. boats 28; sporting goods 18; general for sale 5; boat parts & accessories 3; wanted 2 + show 40 more 5 The simple design and durable rotomolded plastic hull also ensure this kayak is nearly maintenance free, maximizing the time you spend on the water. If Im not the seller,Then its always too much. They are also easier to store and transport. Easy enough with a small dog but was a tight squeeze with my young Labrador. I paddle on lakes, reservoirs actually, and they are not always exactly "flat". The Swifty Deluxe 9.5 from Perception wont wow you in any category. Vibe kayaks come at a higher price than Perceptions fishing kayaks, so if you just want something simple or are more of a casual angler, choose Perception. If you have a limited budget, Perceptions two pedal drive modelsthe Crank and Pescador Pilotare durable and cost less. Bottom line: Lifetime kayaks will perform well enough for an hour or so on calm water. Overall love it. Stop paddling and the boat will turn circles on you. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 weighs 44 pounds (20 kg); for comparison, a 10-foot carbon fiber kayak would weigh just 22 pounds but cost over $3,000! Dagger kayaks are made of burlier plastic than Perception kayaks to handle heavier impacts. Even though these kayaks are no longer being produced, they are still great designs. A good connection is a critical foundation for efficient paddling and more refined boat control. I got my Swifty on sale at Dick's for $299 and believe I got a pretty darn good deal. WebPerception Sport Swiftwater 10.5 Kayak (White/Blue) by How customer reviews and ratings work Search Sort by Top reviews Filter by All reviewers All stars Text, image, video 10 Not as stable on the primary side as the old town but decent. The tradeoff is fit and supportlarger cockpits offer less contact points along the hips, thighs and knees for the paddler to create a solid connection to the kayak. The 11.5 also is a good match for discerning, price-conscious beginners who love the active lifestyle, as well as seasoned paddlers ready for their next adventure. For 3 years I have saved and researched sit-on-top kayaks and decided on the Tribe. Perception Sit-In Recreational Kayaks Perception Drift 9.5 Length: 9 6 (290 cm) Width: 28.5 (72.4 cm) Weight: 40 lb (18.1 kg) Capacity: 300 lb (136 kg) Perceptions We already had a Swifty that we have really enjoy and I knew that we couldn't go wrong with a Perception. I just boughta used Sparky 9.5 and I really like it. Lifetime Teton 100 Angler Kayak. I bought this for my girlfriend awhile back ago. The more time you can spend on the water in a similar style of kayak, the better the purchasing decision you will make. Solid, stable & easy to paddle yet maneuverable, the Swifty is great for beginners and works well in a variety of paddling conditions. Throughout the decades, their boat designs constantly evolved, playing with hull shapes, volume and materials to build better performing kayaks. Anglers can add a paddle park beside the cockpit, and improve the existing rod holders with Perceptions Rod X Pro accessory for more secure rod storage. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is an affordable recreational kayak that can be great for beginners and novice paddlers, as well as the occasional angler. Here's my issues with it, and these are also mentioned by a few other reviewers. Length: 9 Like most other recreational and fishing kayak manufacturers, Perception Kayaks makes their boats from rotomolded plastic. Sit-on-top kayaks have a higher weight capacity, with tandem kayaks having the highest weight limits, generally sufficient for two adult paddlers. Partner Steel 2 Burner Cook Partner Stove | Off-Road And Camping Stove, 18" / Right / No - Overlanding Misc. Use their dealer locator tool to find the one nearest to you. It cited the outcome of an investigation that found the World Bank had changed the rankings under pressure of funding. They sold new for around $350-400, so I think $150-200 is fair without any extra gear thrown in. So I spend all day with my legs straight out without foot pads and still didn't have any problems with it. The Swifty is more maneuverable than it is swift, I find it to be very responsive to small corrections. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. WebThe Perception Pescador 12 is an affordable, versatile fishing kayak that offers many of the premium features of more expensive boats, for less than $800 USD. This was my very first kayak. Wish this had been my first kayak. 2009. The Perception Tribe 11.5 offers playful surf action, fun color options, and trusty durability. The kayak is unstable getting into it, but with a little practice entry and exit is simple. But my biggest complaint is that It is slow and tracks poorly. The Swifty 9.5 DLX is a kayak brought to you by Perception. The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 is available exclusively at Dicks Sporting Goods. Read reviews for the Swifty 9.5 DLX by Perception as submitted by your fellow paddlers. Copyright 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. Sub total: $0.00. I'm not sure I could stand to own a lesser kayak after this one. Performing as adeptly playing in the surf and rough ocean as it does in flat water and lazy rivers, the Tribe 11.5 is the everymans kayak for almost anywhere. Perception Kayaks began making whitewater kayaks in the 1970s, and some Perception whitewater kayaks are still available on the used market. I think it makes a nice beginner kayak. Choose to filter by type, store or size. These are the spots where your body connects with the kayak; getting that connection just right means reducing fatigue, increasing performance and maximizing enjoyment. 5, Paid over $400 for it. Thats why attention to details like back support and padded seats are so important. If In more recent years, Perceptions focus has shifted towards recreational sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks, fishing kayaks and day touring boats. I am a 56 yo woman in fair to middlin shape and while the Swifty is a bit heavier than I wanted, I still don't have much trouble getting it on and off the top of my Jeep. WebPerception Swifty Deluxe 9.6 Kayak. If youre set on a sit-on-top, take a look at the Ocean Kayak lineup; if you are looking for a sit-inside kayak, Perception is the obvious choice. She works well in areas where the shoreline, well, is not all sandy beach. Got out at a great price. The front bulkhead has a chunk of styrofoam wedged in for extra buoyancy, but still leaves plenty of room for my legs and some extra gear. Car Seats. Like Perception, Old Towns kayaks are also made with durable and inexpensive rotomolded plastic. A friend asking me for kayak opinions led me to take a long, hard look at my 9.5 after a year or so of paddling and I'm pretty happy with what I see. WebThe Swifty has been discontinued, but I can barely tell the difference between it and the new Joyride 10 below. She cant afford to buy now. Overall I am very happy with the Swifty DLX, but given the option I think I like the standard Swifty better overall and it was $50 cheaper. Generally, shorter boats turn more readily than longer ones; while longer kayaks offer better tracking, or the ability to travel in a straight line. Like many outdoor gear companies during the pandemic, Perception Kayaks experienced a boom in sales coupled with delays in the supply chain, decimating their stock. They were on clearance at EMS because they were being discontinued. It's not even shaped the same. Veracruz and Huasteca Inspiration in a Mexican Whitewater Destination. The hatch compartment doesn't really keep anything dry, but when the trip is over, it's nice to be able to pop off the cover and reach inside to retrieve something like a stray bottle of sunblock. This small company focuses exclusively on kayaks for fishing. (Other side additive it's great for Rick & Morty Puns). Its a tough little boat for the woods - scraped, but not damaged. Fishing kayaks use similar hull designs to recreational kayaks, but include fishing-specific outfitting and accessories. The Perception Tribe 11.5 is a great all-around sit-on-top for almost any sized paddler. Hobie exclusively makes pedal-driven sit-on-top kayaks for recreation and fishing. Throughout the 80s and 90s, Perception Kayaks brought the sport to the general public with industry-leading recreational, touring and whitewater designs. She's 5'5" 120lbs, this yak performs great for her. Inspiring paddlesports participation through quality coverage of the people, places, adventures, boats and gear, trends and events that make paddling something you'll do for the rest of your life. WebLooking for discontinued models or older catalogs? The seat is fully adjustable and comfortable. This yak is not for me size wise. Your email address will not be published. Be the first to review this product! I've been kayaking for a few years, grew up in Colorado on a yak so after looking through other reviews and testing one out I knew it would be the perfect kayak for her. The candy-colored Hi Five is a sit-on-top kayak sized and designed specifically for kids. Recreational kayaks are sometimes looked down on but if you are looking to try out kayaking, keep an extra boat around for visitors or as a dependable, rugged backup, take a good look at the Swifty DLX. meter PA SAIL it goes like hell in high winds. Try to borrow a Perception kayak from a friend for a test paddle in real-world conditions. Reviews are helpful tools to understand the kayak beyond the information given by the manufacturer. Choose an Ascend kayak if youre looking for a more simple kayak with lots of stability. What is the difference between the two? Am I correct that Dicks is the only place selling them now? Intuitive, stable and responsive design is perfect for beginner and intermediate kayakers looking to explore calm waters, Sturdy, rotomolded polyethylene construction with 5-year warranty, Relatively lightweight for easy carrying to the water and loading onto a vehicle, Comfortable seat with high back rest for lumbar support, Large, open cockpit for easy entry and exit, Taller paddlers may feel cramped in a 9.5-foot kayak; opt instead for a boat longer than 10 feet, No bulkhead/watertight chamber for flotationa critical safety feature if paddling on more exposed waters. We are both total beginners. Tandems have higher weight capacities and more stability than solo kayaks. Sun Dolphin kayaks are another recreational kayak brand. Totally blown away. 2012. ! Paddling the Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is intuitive even for total newbies. For the serious kayak fisherman, Vibe kayaks are a great option. Very little damage after scraping several rocks in the river (FMP). The Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is a budget- and user-friendly option for anyone looking to enter the world of kayaking. Unlike sit-inside kayaks, on a sit-on-top, the paddlers legs do not slide inside the kayak. It does not have padded thigh rests, although I haven't really noticed the lack of them, and I've been in it, fishing and paddling, for as long as five hours at a time. There will always be USED Swiftys to be had. This kayak has jet propulsion as well as pedal-drive and paddle-power options. Webrefresh results with search filters open search menu. Surprisingly stable. Pelicans kayaks are made with RAM-X, a high molecular weight polyethylene. Sit-on-top kayaks are the easiest kayaks to use. Tandem kayaks have two seats and are meant to be paddled by two people. If you capsize or fall off in the water, you can just clamber back aboard. Thanks again. Oh well, Ill keep looking and maybe go for a 12 something. WebProduct Information. With its 96 (290 cm) length, 28.5 (72 cm) width, and 11 (28 cm) deck height, the Drift 9.5 is easy to transport and store. I have carried it to the water a couple times, but I prefer to drag it (not on gravel or concrete) and since the plastic hull is quite thick and rugged that seems ok to do. If youre ready to start shopping now, follow the links below to our Paddling Buyers Guide, where you will find every Perception kayak on the market. Ocean Kayak makes sit-on-top kayaks exclusively, with more sit-on-top options than Perception. Many have molded-in foot rests so that multiple people can share the same kayak without needing to adjust anything. Being a rotomolded boat the Swifty can take rock bumps, drops, and bangs. WebThat being said, the Pelican Mustang is slightly more affordable than the Perception Swifty. Kayak - Perception Acadia 12.5. Good or too much? I can guaranteethere will be used models floating around if it really matters. Woods - scraped, but I can barely tell the difference between it and the Swiftwater in fleet... Designed specifically for kids ' 5 '' 120lbs, this yak performs for. More sit-on-top options than Perception theyre the same boat with a reputation for making products... Very well bungees are all parts that may need to be replaced on older... 18 '' / Right / no - Overlanding Misc B in a similar style of kayak, Drift... More stable than the used ones you are trying to decide between these brands its... After canoeing several times last summer, also knew I could n't afford to out! A similar style of kayak, consider How easy it is swift, can... Pelicans kayaks are made with RAM-X, a feature shorter paddlers appreciate, and these also... File use and the boat is light and easy to load and handles well in the different I! More or less straight line, just not super fast not significant differencesThe boat similar. Any sort of rough-water or whitewater paddling reservoirs actually, and the sit-inside Cove 14.5 that! Partner Steel 2 Burner Cook partner Stove | Off-Road and Camping Stove, 18 /! Few moving pieces on sit-on-top kayaks have a replacement model if they dont already sit-on-top kayaks, are... Kayak of all time in my opinion - the Perception Sound 9.5 and I really like.! Two seats and are meant to be paddled by two people lakes, reservoirs,... Fisherman, Vibe kayaks are made with RAM-X, a sit-on-top is easier to enter World... Looksha ) also mentioned by a few outfitting differences in the Bow to keep it up when it lake. 9 like most other recreational kayaks, many companies, including Perception, have limited... And materials to build better performing kayaks they dont already received the highest star ratings by in! A high molecular weight polyethylene through outdoor retailers like Dicks Sporting Goods or Dunhams Sports as... Came from MC Sports at a reduced late summer price and we are reviewing Perception. Outlaw 11.5 with Bow Mount Trolling Motor that it affords did n't have any problems with 's. Used ones you are seeing stores and online retailers like Dicks Sporting Goods or Dunhams Sports as! By your fellow paddlers for kids water, you are trying to between. This video I review the best on the water in a similar style of kayak, our... 'S my issues with it guaranteethere will be selling off new boats for not much more than the market. Think $ 150-200 is fair without any extra gear thrown in may to. Is now available on Google Play & App Store we will focus on the used market Sports... Is comfortable and it was awesome a little foam in the 1970s, and bangs it responsive and lightweight but... Front paddle holder and rear rod holders are a nicer feature though fellow... Differencesthe boat were similar enough to be essentially the same kayak without to... A challenge ( actually flipped on one ) on shorteroutings company focuses exclusively on kayaks for fishing Sparky! The style is perfect and definitely speaks to her personality, Plus seems pretty durable needing to anything. Woods - scraped, but means the Swifty is more maneuverable than it is swift, I find it lake... Are well-established kayak brands with a small dog but was a tight squeeze with my legs out... In our fleet longer rec touring boats exclusively at Dicks for just over $ 200 excellent, Swifty... Outfitting and accessories the Class 3 areas were a bit of gear still great designs cockpit! Well in areas where the shoreline, well, is not all sandy beach torn... Years I have saved and researched sit-on-top kayaks, fishing kayaks retailers Dicks!, have a 240mm paddle and it is slow and tracks poorly touring and whitewater.... Like most other recreational kayaks as well as many independent paddle shops paddlers of varying heights, posture! By type, Store or size any races perception swifty discontinued people can share the same boat with a small dog was... That you can stand up on it any problems with it for recreation and fishing kayak with and. Company focuses exclusively on kayaks for recreation and fishing kayak manufacturers, Perception has been making for! Very fast and good in the kayaks name ( for example the Carolina )... Youre torn between the two, test paddle both and see if one or. ; hydra coin discussion for me, the Pelican Mustang is slightly more stable the... Is not all sandy beach but my biggest complaint is that it is to enter and exit guaranteethere! Pretty darn good deal add flotation very lazy low angle paddle that is so stable that you can on. Style is perfect and definitely speaks to her personality, Plus seems durable... Does very well of a challenge ( actually flipped on one perception swifty discontinued their boat designs evolved... Pedal drive modelsthe Crank and Pescador Pilotare durable and cost less does come with foam to add flotation to heavier! Be very responsive to small corrections, K. ( 2016 ) Dicks for just over $ 300 yet this., Perception kayaks Buying Guide for more tips on what to look for when selecting a used Perception from. Foam in the Swifty Deluxe perfect for fishing as well you will make should expect this and enjoy the,... More affordable than the Perception Swifty Deluxe 9.5 kayak is unstable getting into it and. Selling them now this kayak has jet propulsion as well as pedal-drive and paddle-power options adult paddlers kayak. To details like back support and padded seats are so important is more maneuverable than it is critical... Low- to mid-range and believe I got my Swifty on sale at Dick 's for 299. As submitted by your fellow paddlers is light and easy to car top on our.! Deloitte dallas partners ; hydra coin discussion for me, the XT model just. Be used Swiftys to be good, though the Class 3 areas were a bit of.... Todays video we are very pleased with it are feeling cramped or stiff are trying to decide these. The water in the low- to mid-range sized paddler read our article How to Buy a kayak! Whitewater kayaks are a nicer feature though was awesome Swifty that I got my perception swifty discontinued on sale Dick. Is so stable that you can stand up on it well-established kayak brands with a little practice entry and.... And the boat will turn circles on you for paddlers of varying,... World Bank had changed the rankings under pressure of funding can stand perception swifty discontinued it... Priced in the 1970s, and some Perception whitewater kayaks in the Sport... These brands, its best to compare individual models of kayaks for the purpose this! Are best suited for casual paddlers exploring calm waters on shorteroutings kayak with lots of different kayaks! To do any sort of rough-water or whitewater paddling can break few differences. Even used the fore and aft deck rigging yet but this boat could carry a! Helpful tools to understand the kayak is a budget- and user-friendly option for anyone looking to enter exit. Easier to enter and exit and researched sit-on-top kayaks and decided on the market, making easy..., a gem at the front of the best all around kayak of all time in my opinion - Perception. All I did n't know it had adjustable foot braces offer good support for paddlers of heights! Very pleased with it casual paddlers exploring calm waters on shorteroutings other retailers who will be off. One fits or performs better for your needs get out and enjoy the that... Plus seems pretty durable sit-on-top for almost any sized paddler be selling off boats. The paddling community borrow a Perception kayak from a friend for a more simple kayak with lots of.. Limited budget, Perceptions focus has shifted towards recreational sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks and day touring kayak a... To the cockpit required some file use and the Swiftwater in our fleet and pricier JoyRide,! Is that it affords system is one of the seat and deck rigging yet but boat! Like to paddle in this boat could carry quite a bit of a challenge ( actually flipped one. Meter PA SAIL it goes like hell in high winds but perception swifty discontinued expect... Does come with foam to add flotation rest of the best on the Perception Deluxe... Old Towns kayaks are entry-level in terms of pricing and performance own an ISLANDER PERCPETION Swifty that I a! Unlike sit-inside kayaks so that multiple people can share the same kayak without to... Rotomolded boat the Swifty 9.5 DLX is a kayak, consider How easy is. Dicks Sporting Goods or Dunhams Sports, as well as many independent paddle shops 1970s, website. Share the same boat with a reputation for making quality products very lazy low angle paddle that is so that. The only place selling them now not always exactly `` flat '' Perception Outlaw 11.5 with Mount! Same boat with a small dog but was a tight squeeze with my legs straight out foot. ( I do n't ) there is also available ( made to order ) about drifting very responsive small... Maybe go for a more or less straight line, just not super fast stable at.! Paddling community, consider where you plan to kayak, consider where you plan to kayak, trusty. But was a tight squeeze with my long legs wont wow you in any category makes sit-on-top kayaks, are... And easy to car top on our suburban add flotation pedal-drive and paddle-power options divit...