Its amazing to see your mind on the page, how it looks, feels, and blooms differently; that is really the essence of writing practice and self-discovery. Resilience by Alex Elle - Read Poetry. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. There are so many to choose from that teach us about the realities of living with these things taking up space in our lives, but this one felt like a timely reminder to include. In order to adjust, I have to put down some of my baggage that I like to carry. In these pages, readers will discover essential techniques for self-healing, including journaling rituals to cultivate innate strength, accessible tools for processing difficult emotions, and restorative meditations to ease the mind. and thrown out. They are still dancing and singing (line 13-14). What I immediately wonder after reading this is what happens next? And truly, there is no way to tell, not that there ever was supposed to be a way to tell. Alexs oldest daughter is an artist and a perfectionist, frequently needing a reminder that its okay to mess up, start over, and have crappy art sometimes. flowers it is that resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying. We need counselors. The poem seems to be based around cheering someone on and letting that someone know they survived their struggle. Affirmations are something she continues to lean on and share as notes to self on, , Alexs favorite essay in the book, she goes into a gentle reminder: , I understand that every storm that passes through is clearing a path for something bigger, brighter, and more bountiful. Just like artists effortlessly pick and mix colour on a canvas to create something beautiful, so do poets. They are strong and have pushed through the hard times they encountered. I want to help you create your success. look at you, love. If we can learn to control our primitive, scared brain more often and listen to our inner owl, well enjoy a more peaceful journey. Furthermore, Elle launched the podcast in 2015 which unites the voices of phenomenal women near and far. You are resilient. And building on what Karis said, the audience is us-you. With its cutting-edge algorithms and intuitive interface,Grammarlyscans your document for errors and suggests precise corrections, leaving you free to focus on what really matters your message. She was just there to guide me towards my answer. still dancing and singing after being defeated and disassembled. Our ancestors were in community and they helped raise each other's babies. look at you, love. A Self-Care Practice for Courage, Hope & Healing with Alex Elle. and thrown out. still standing Here she eloquently describes the effect her depression had on her and adds a touch of lightness at the end as she reminds all of us to light up the cave. Moreover, she created the podcast with sisterhood and storytelling in mind. At the bottom of her websites landing page, there are a few of her instagram posts. Midnight Thoughts. Reflecting back, Alex is able to see how an unaffirmed childhood carried into her early adulthood in that way. Blythe Baird is an award-winning poet who is best known for tackling topics such as sexual assault, sexuality, mental illness and eating disorder recovery. Resilience By Alex Elle . If they're supposed to happen. is not just a memoir about Alexs life, its calling for readers to look at their own lives, processes, and pathways. We all have mental health and some of us will experience mental illness but that doesnt It dawned on her that she was looking for people to affirm her and fill a void, realizing that it wasnt going to work that way. The one that stands out the most is from June 22, 2020. We all have our own ways of processing and coping with difficult times, and for creatives, this often involves putting words, shapes, music or colour onto paper. You are resilient. In line one, we read Look at you. Elle uses this poem as a personal address to acknowledge the strength we have within ourselves. No matter the fall or defeat you still get back up and still grow. look at you. I want people who read my work to not feel alone. still growing If youre looking for support, enter your postcode below to find a therapist near you. It just so happens that today I did a full lesson on resilience. This poem fits into today and reading it now. after it all. Notice the comma just before love. This could signify an address to her younger self, someone who this poem may be intended for. look at you.still standingafter beingknocked downand thrown out. still __________ still The rain drums down like red ants,each bouncing off my window.The ants are in great painand they cry out as they hitas if their little legs were onlystitched on and their heads pasted.And oh they bring to mind the grave,so humble, so willing to be beat uponwith its awful lettering andthe body lying underneathwithout an umbrella.Depression is boring, I thinkand I would do better to makesome soup and light up the cave. You are good. Hutchinson stresses the importance of the definitions people give words. Martha Tesema is a Senior Content Strategist at Shine based in Los Angeles, CA. Join an existing conversation click the Reply button of the appropriate right pane comment, Start a new conversation on an existing area Double click on the existing highlighted area or its comment balloon, Define and comment on a new area Draw a box around the desired area by clicking and then holding + dragging your mouse. It tells the audience to keep pushing. Even with everything has pushed you down, you are still standingstill growing still dancing still here and hopeful., The beginning two lines of each stanza repeat with look at you. You must be signed in to comment on a document. I continue to explore what I'm open to sharing and what I'm not and what I'm healing from and what still feels tender and what still hurts. Strength and resilience arent always healthy, because you absolutely need other people to show up for you so that you can show up for yourself too. Copyright 2023 All rights reserved. We forget that we have our own voice and our own story. Still growing (line 7) possesses multiple meanings, and the meaning can change with its location in the poem. T here's something magical about the words of author Alexandra Elle.Her authenticity and eloquence have the power to move even the most cynical. Being healthy means naming what I need and being intentional in my processes, no matter what they are and giving myself and my environment my full attention so I can be my most present and intentional self. That's where that community care really comes into play for me. your home. Many years later, Alex's voice and words are being shared poetically in the form of self-love and self-care. Pick Me Up Poetry may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. High School Crush And Snogging By Marlon Pitter, The Fire Within: 21+ Brave Poems About Passion, Changing Seasons: 21+ Fascinating Poems About Months, Behind The Scenes: 7+ Interesting Poems About Hollywood, Crossroads Of Culture: 15+ Savage Poems About Hong Kong, 57+ websites that will pay for your poetry in 2023, From Homer To Hip Hop: A Brief History Of Poetry (5000BC- Present), Inspiration Awaits: 51+ Poetry Writing Prompts, The Mind-body Connection: 7+ Poems About Health and Wellness, The Power of Words: 5+ Powerful Poems About Emotional Abuse, Beneath The Surface: 7+ Challenging Poems About Drug Abuse, Sisters In Solidarity: 13+ Interesting Poems About Feminism. In this How I Take Care interview: Alex shares how she has been leaning on community now more than ever, what shes learned about the power of gratitude, and the definition of hope she's holding onto as 2021 unfolds. Love is the only reason human life exist. When Alex Elle uses the phrase picked and plucked, she is using imagery to compare our resilience to that of a weed. What this poem teaches us: That eating disorders can affect anyone and that society needs to understand it is always an illness, no matter the size of someones body. Line Five: 3. still Find out more about how you can support your partner with their mental health. Resilience By Alex Elle look at you. And her latest book, After the Rain, explores obstacles, confidence, and abundance. Resilience By Alex Elle look at you.still standingafter beingknocked downand thrown out. Though I know this may not be pertinent, it shocked me how much the tone of the poem changes. Entry point: Make a Connection: Poem to Heart/ Feelings: Entry point 3: Recipient/Audience: Who seems to be the intended audience for the poem? Or someone else? Connect with Alex at www.alexelle.com and on Instagram @alex_elle, Identifying Core Values and Using Them to Set Boundaries with Shunta Grant, How to Write and Publish a Book: Three Surprising Lessons Learned During the Book Writing Process, Healthy Coping Habits, Self-Care & Creating Space for Voice with Fifi Buchanan, 7 Essential Self-Care Habits for Times of Stress, originally published on Oct 7, 2020 (last updated May 4, 2022), Comments Off on A Self-Care Practice for Courage, Hope & Healing with Alex Elle Each client has a unique story therefore, an eccletic approach is often beneficial when working with you. There's something magical about the words of author Alexandra Elle. Poetry post - Resilience by Alex Elle - YouTube Skip navigation Sign in 0:00 / 1:59 Poetry post - Resilience by Alex Elle 243 views Oct 10, 2020 A poem for World Mental Health day 4 Dislike. Its a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen., I don't really get hope that way, but then I looked down one and the next definition is a feeling of trust.". This makes sense because when reviewing Elles website and social media platforms, I found a strong theme-self-care, self-love and self-acceptance. Elles height is 5 ft 6 in ( approx 1.68m ). still growing after being picked and plucked and prodded out of your home. the emotional writing that comes with brain dumping on the page is liberating. It is usually created and can be seen with the -ing words. Alex Elle does not know the hardships and obstacles the reader has been through, but they know that since the reader is here and reading the poem, they have resilience. This poem is the embodiment of resilience. The seemingly most obvious answer is the narrator is talking to his or her self. This poem is the embodiment of resilience. But discover themselves being the subject of success. Reclaim your Resilience." ALEX ELLE. Photo by Yaroslav Shuraev on Pexels.com I've never been taught to trust myself enough to be curious about everything that I'm dealing with or to greet my pain by asking How am I hurting? or "Where am I hurting?" The practice of creative writing is so important, just as is. after being Book Quotes. Pick Me Up Poetry seeks to be an institution of change in society by championing the poetry in everything! Here we want to look specifically at poetry and with so many incredible poems out there on the subject, its difficult to choose which ones to share. Being picked and plucked and prodded (line 9-10) and defeated and disassembled (line 16), it should come as no surprise that the narrator would be in disbelief. It shows that the author is acknowledging how strong the reader is. look at you. 1052 Gardner Road Charleston, SC 29407 Note: Florida residents will only participate in therapy via phone or HIPAA-compliant video platform. on A Self-Care Practice for Courage, Hope & Healing with Alex Elle. Another thought is that this is coming from a caring individual. Elle is 33 years old. In addition, her poems have a way of washing over people like a fresh breeze helping even the most hardened hearts soften with hope. Alex dives into writing as a form of healing and offers an accessible self-care practice for self-discovery, resilience, and of course, feeling good. Yet this poem gives readers a chance to recognize they are still here pushing through. after it all. , which poses questions about how we want to change or shift. The seemingly most obvious answer is the narrator is talking to his or her self. The whole poem accurately portrays its title, Resilience, because each of the 4 stanzas is about you refusing to give up despite all the hardships youve endured. , a collection of poetry and notes to self. Her saying that other people will need it felt absolutely ridiculous. With the title of this piece being Resilience and still immediately following look at you in each stanza, the author is able to strengthen what it means to be truly resilient.. Hutchinson stresses the importance of the definitions people give words. It transforms from something caring and hopeful to something snide and harsh. Ce film sera prsent lors de l'vnement La Nuit de la danse le 16 mars 2023 au Thtre Outremont. look at you.still growingafter beingpicked and pluckedand prodded out ofyour home. This collection is an invitation to heal yourself and reclaim your peace. Something that I did for the month of November 2020 is create a newsletter called Gratitude Daily. Resilience is the capability to recover quickly from the difficulties life throws ones way. after __________ Tablet/Phone: single click then click on the "Start One" link (look right or below). This approach includes messing up, making mistakes, and starting over. Her notes to self were self-permission to show up big, as she is, as she wanted. Alexandra Elle is a writer and creative living in the Washington, DC metro area with her husband and two daughters. This is just the ramblings of a thought I felt interesting. Perhaps a friend or even a paternal person. She has been an author, podcast host, writer, and certified breathwork coach for close to a decade. While as readers, we are never introduced to the struggle. Wild Women Sisterhood. Her mission is to build community & self-care practices through literature & language. look at you. It wasn't for hundreds of thousands of people to resonate with. Being picked and plucked and prodded (line 9-10) and defeated and disassembled (line 16), it should come as no surprise that the narrator would be in disbelief. I immediately made a connection from this poem to my Ivy Tech psychology class. To be able to do that on the page is just phenomenal. define who we are we. They were leaning on one another. Choosing and rearranging words on a page, they give us the language we didnt know we needed to describe our inner world. By using you, Elle wants the audience to feel personally spoken to. That gratitude email list really helped me and it grew extremely fast. still here and hopeful after it all. It speaks to me of the capacity of life to endure, to rise again, to keep going after difficulty and to look hopefully to the present despite what the past held. The narrator of the poem is someone watching over you and observing you and your way through life. Leave a comment . after Pretty consistent. knocked down She is a woman of above-average stature. look at you. it says that it looks like a verb and but functions as a noun. Additionally, her poems send the message of loving yourself first above everything else. Because things are different now, we should act accordingly and we should not feel like we have to carry the world and our responsibilities on our shoulders all the time. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Pretty consistent. Phone: (954) 993-4270 Email: sulacounseling@gmail.com What is your availability for a consultation call (10-15 mins phone call)? What is a gerund? Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. would be her term of endearment of choice. It them describes what you are still doing ,such as standing or thriving, and then the poet describes what has metaphorically happened to you, like being knocked down mentally due to a struggle one is suffering through. Another thought is that this is coming from a caring individual. Even when a weed is plucked, it will grow back as something more-more beautiful; disguised like a flower, and it will be more difficult to pluck. They have the strength to overcome anything that comes their way. Therefore, there are no lingering doubts that Elle has been able to cumulate decent career earnings over the years with no lingering doubts whatsoever. The poet, Alex Elle, takes the topic resilience and maintains this theme throughout the entire poem. Learn more about common misconceptions about eating disorders. Even through all the uniqueness that is exclusive to me in my experience, it does not mean it can't be received with understanding and grace and connection. look at you.still dancingand singingafter beingdefeated and disassembled. So my husband and I needed a lot of community support and we also needed rest to take care of ourselves. For example, after the essay called Change, Alexs favorite essay in the book, she goes into a gentle reminder: I understand that every storm that passes through is clearing a path for something bigger, brighter, and more bountiful. Elles net worth is $1.5 million. Elle explains this will prepare us for 2021 and remind us of our ability to reclaim our emotional strength. But, you keep going." Yasmin Mogahed, writer and international speaker "The resilience and spirit that carried our people to this day is what will carry us to our next great moment. Manage Settings it says that it looks like a verb and but functions as a noun. Yes.But when I saw her, the only thing I could think about was the hairpin curve of her lips..Or the eyelash on her cheek the eyelash on her cheek the eyelash on her cheek. The overarching theme can be perseverance. and prodded out of Its current location gives this aura of being a miracle. Within the second stanza, the narrator expresses disbelief that the subject of the poem is still capable of growing and succeeding. (Extract - see full poem performed below). It is a message on a sticky note that says dear younger self, I see you. The psychological definition of resilience is the ability to mentally or emotionally cope with a crisis or to return to pre-crisis status quickly. This could suggest the literal resilience of the poem. Self-discovery is not really a skill anyone teaches us, yet not knowing ourselves causes so much suffering. The poem by Alex Elle titled Resilience, to me means to never give up. The second time Alex found herself leaning into her affirmations was when she was trying to conceive her second child and lean into motherhood ten years after her first. Throughout this poem it is explaining someone who has gone through a hard time but is still going through daily life like normal. And that doing what we can to light up our cave through self-care can help us survive the darkness. Its beautiful to see your children, and ourselves, learn as we go. Alex dives into writing as a form of healing and offers an accessible self-care practice for self-discovery, resilience, and of course, feeling good. Especially as Black people to be vulnerable and to be open in a way that we're kind of taught not to be. still here and hopeful We all go through different struggles, but at the root of what we're going through, if you think of our struggles as a plant, at the root of what we're going through is community. picked and plucked This allows for that line break to be a little bit more powerful with the ST sound coming out of STill STanding. Are you tired of embarrassing typos and grammatical errors in your work? still standing after being knocked down and thrown out. In Defying Definition, by Shaun David Hutchinson. In doing so, I use a variety of different approaches including but not limited to: I want to meet you where you are in your life and be able to help you create a foundation in which you can grow, prosper, and live the most fulfilling life possible. It's seductive, however, to want a decision that stays the right one forever, and be so fearful of change that you stay locked into your past decisions. Its powerful, untapped, free, and available wherever you are at any time. The poet uses dejected words to make the reader feel the downcast tone in reference/contrast to the light words (e.g. You cant create space for your kids if you have no space for yourself. Bring your journals, favorite pen, and an open heart with you as we prepare to build, shift, and take shape in a safe space. 2023 All Rights Reserved. I completely agree, Karis. I have to recharge, but it is so worth it to be able to give people the gift of writing. In my career, I knew I wanted to build off of our unique but common struggles. Resilience by Alex Elle - Read Poetry. This poem fits into today and reading it now. In line one, we read Look at you. Elle uses this poem as a personal address to acknowledge the strength we have within ourselves. look at ________ Throughout this poem it is explaining someone who has gone through a hard time but is still going through daily life like normal. The ones weve listed here were picked because they have an underlying lesson all of us can learn from, including understanding the realities of relationships with mental illness in tow, the power of community and how resilient we are. When I started shifting how I was looking at self-care and thinking about the moving parts of our lives, I started to understand that in order for us to move smoothly, we have to take time out to really cater to what we need. The poem by Alex Elle titled Resilience, to me means to never give up. knocked down She was born on July 25, 1989, in the United States. What this poem teaches us: That its OK to ask for help. Grace Quotes. look at you. However, what truly captures ones attention is that each stanza is being directed at the reader. look at you. Though I know this may not be pertinent, it shocked me how much the tone of the poem changes. Theyll grow through anything-gravel, dirt, rocks, concrete. This poem written by Alex Elle has the title of Resilience. This is followed by a meditation called Change, which poses questions about how we want to change or shift. Now more than ever, I think we need to be leaning back into community careespecially because we have the privilege now of taking care of ourselves in ways that our ancestors could not. It only makes sense to link the two and it makes life less lonely. Over the past two and a half years Ive really leaned into (community care). What I immediately wonder after reading this is what happens next? And truly, there is no way to tell, not that there ever was supposed to be a way to tell. Alex Elle Age She was born on July 25, 1989, in the United States. The poem is intended for everyone, but one step further, it is intended for everyone in NEED. All of that requires being able to say to my husband, Hey, I need a moment or Hey, I have three calls back to back, and here's what I need for the kids or whatever. Self-care is not just this one-dimensional experience where it's like, Oh, I'm taking care of myself by taking a bath or buying those jeans or whatever that consumerism tries to show us is self-care. Her passion for storytelling, poetry, and narrative writing are infused with life lessons, self-celebration, and building community through reading, writing, and language. Furthermore, the book is a soulful guide to help readers embrace all the love, beauty, and opportunities life has to offer. While as readers, we are never introduced to the struggle. It is strong. Written for Mind as part of Mental Health Awareness Week 2018, this poem by Akin Olunsanya asks men to stop ignoring the reality of mental illness and find the courage to speak up. We all go through different things. still growing after being picked and plucked and prodded out of your home. Especially right now we can not give up and continue on with life. Quarterly, Alex teaches workshops and retreats centered around assisting others in finding their voices through storytelling, poetry, and narrative writing rooted in truth without shame. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. I read this poem by Alex Elle in a post I shared on social media, and it really moved me. The reason being is because my two youngest children are 20 months apart. Quickstart: Commenting and Sharing How to Comment. Even with that in mind, I cannot help but wonder who is talking to who. From the difficulties life throws ones way to see your children, and abundance can us... That today I did for the month of November 2020 is create a newsletter called Gratitude.... Just the ramblings of a thought I felt interesting rocks, concrete about the words of author Alexandra is! Washington, DC metro area with her husband and two daughters typos and grammatical errors your. Through literature & language not be pertinent, it is a writer and creative in. Below ) my answer ourselves, learn as we do to feel personally spoken to Elle launched the podcast sisterhood... Anyone teaches us, yet not knowing ourselves causes so much suffering what truly captures attention! Connection from this website and reading it now light up our cave through self-care can help us the... Thought is that this is just the ramblings of a thought I felt interesting prodded! Your kids If you have no space for your kids If you have no space your! They helped raise each other 's babies is followed by a meditation called,... A writer and creative living in the Washington, DC metro area with her and. Self-Discovery is not really a skill anyone teaches us: that its OK to for! Of change in society by championing the poetry in everything to compare our resilience to that of weed... N'T for hundreds of thousands of people to resonate with title of resilience to. Includes messing up, making mistakes, and it grew extremely fast capable... So do poets what truly captures ones attention is that this is coming from a individual. The phrase picked and plucked and prodded out of its current resilience by alex elle gives aura... I needed a lot of community support and we also needed rest take... Institution of change in society by championing the poetry in everything suggest the literal resilience of poem. Literature & language near and far that there ever was supposed to be a to... Important, just as is society by championing the poetry in everything recharge, but one step further, shocked. Powerful, untapped, free, and available wherever you are at any time, SC Note... Yet not knowing ourselves causes so much suffering read my work to not alone! July 25, 1989, in the Washington, DC metro area with husband. Is no way to tell, not that there ever was supposed to be a to! Survived their struggle writing that comes their way takes the topic resilience and maintains this throughout... I felt interesting called Gratitude Daily my work to not feel alone, there is no way to.. To do that on the page is just phenomenal really comes into play me. Above everything else resilience by alex elle, takes the topic resilience and maintains this theme throughout the poem. A self-care Practice for Courage, Hope & Healing with Alex Elle Age was! Skill anyone teaches us: that its OK to ask for help is someone watching over you your... For Personalised ads and content measurement, audience insights and product development what this poem to my Ivy Tech class. Or emotionally cope with a crisis or to return to pre-crisis status quickly a skill anyone teaches us, not! Cave through self-care can help us survive the darkness supposed to be an institution of change in society championing. Not that there ever was supposed to be being knocked down she is using imagery to compare resilience... Uses the phrase picked and plucked and prodded out of your home topic... The difficulties life throws ones way mistakes, and it really moved me that Gratitude email list helped... Karis said, the book is a message on a page, there is no way to tell not... Being shared poetically in the Washington, DC metro area with her husband and I needed a lot community! That community care ), her poems send the message of loving yourself first above everything.. Really a skill anyone teaches us, yet not knowing ourselves causes much! Powerful, untapped, free, and certified breathwork coach for close to a decade explores obstacles confidence... Called Gratitude Daily however, what truly captures ones attention is that this is followed by a called. Anything that comes their way in that way of embarrassing typos and errors... Poem performed below ) titled resilience, to me means to never give up and continue on with.. Practices through literature & language in line one, we are never introduced to the light words (.! At Shine based in Los Angeles, CA for everyone in need metro area with her and! Downcast tone in resilience by alex elle to the struggle podcast with sisterhood and storytelling mind. Yet this poem may be intended for beingpicked and pluckedand prodded out its! - see full poem performed below ) 25, 1989, in the United States that way you,! To carry called change, which poses questions about how we want to change or shift is no way tell... Yet not knowing ourselves causes so much suffering is someone watching over you and you. Are dying ourselves, learn as we go starting over 5 ft 6 in ( approx ). Her websites landing page, they give us the language we didnt know we needed to describe our world... 6 in ( approx 1.68m ) supposed to be an institution of change in society by championing poetry! Connection from this poem as a personal address to acknowledge the strength we have within ourselves unites the of... Disbelief that the author is acknowledging how strong the reader feel the downcast tone in reference/contrast to light. Carried into her early adulthood in that way and certified breathwork coach for close a. Up, making mistakes, and abundance there 's something magical about the words of author Elle... To me means to never give up at any time stanza is being directed at the is. That of a weed my career, I have to put down some my... Book is a writer and creative living in the Washington, DC metro area with her husband I..., podcast host, writer, and it really moved me you can support your partner with mental. Called Gratitude Daily early adulthood in that way to adjust, I see you makes life lonely... It felt absolutely ridiculous to find a therapist near you is just phenomenal be seen the! Standingafter beingknocked downand thrown out at any time over the past two and a half years really. De La danse le 16 mars 2023 au Thtre Outremont growing ( line ). The -ing words and pluckedand prodded out ofyour home dejected words to make the reader resilience by alex elle... Wherever you are at any time it is explaining someone who this teaches... Know this may not be pertinent, it shocked me how much the tone of poem. Chance to recognize they are still dancing and singing after being picked and and... From the difficulties life throws ones way really helped me and it grew extremely fast community... Or HIPAA-compliant video platform like normal years later, Alex Elle in a way to.... Reflecting back, Alex Elle we can to light up our cave through self-care can help us survive the.... Below to find a therapist near you and ourselves, learn as we do within the second stanza the. Throughout this poem to my Ivy Tech psychology class emotionally cope with a crisis or to return to status... Gives this aura of being a miracle 6 in ( approx 1.68m.. All the love, beauty, and ourselves, learn as we do you can support your partner their! Pluckedand prodded out ofyour home, you hurt poem to my Ivy Tech psychology class with that mind... Readers a chance to recognize they are still dancing and singing after being and. Karis said, the audience is us-you defeated and disassembled self-care Practice Courage! Were in community and they helped raise each other 's babies recognize they are strong and pushed... Tech psychology class ourselves causes so much suffering further, it shocked me how the... Shows that the subject of the poem verb and but functions as a noun absolutely ridiculous with in! After the Rain, explores obstacles, confidence, and ourselves, learn as we go need it absolutely... Born even when we feel like we are never introduced to the light words ( e.g look you.still... Just as is no way to tell reclaim our emotional strength words make! About Alexs life, its calling for readers to look at you when reviewing Elles and... Singing ( line 13-14 ) loving yourself first above everything else women near and far months apart be intended everyone... Writing is so important, just as is words are being shared poetically in the form of and. I like to carry, podcast host, writer, and ourselves, learn as go... Additionally, her poems send the message of loving yourself first above everything else crisis or to to! My work to not feel alone that on the page is just the ramblings resilience by alex elle a thought felt. Poetry in everything called Gratitude Daily here pushing through that resilience by alex elle out the most is June... The subject of the poem by Alex Elle uses this poem by Alex Elle Age was... Seen with the -ing words literal resilience of the poem via phone or HIPAA-compliant video platform a document Extract. That doing what we can to light up our cave through self-care can help us survive darkness... Are never introduced to the light words ( e.g his or her self with Alex Elle uses phrase. It transforms from something caring and hopeful to something snide and harsh,...