The gun features standard, three-dot sights for quick target acquisition, and the double-stack magazine provides 12 rounds of 9mm in a small-sized package. Do not play with the manual safety and you will avoid accidents.. Yup -Trigger Issues Totally FAILED at 11 rounds. Thats a solid upgrade in my book, and it means more than the addition of front slide serrations for me. Get Yours Now. What is the frame size of the Taurus G2C? Another minor issue is related to the slide stop on the G2c. This happened 4 times. Otherwise, if the feed ramp is damaged or corroded, there may be sufficient friction present when the cartridge nose contacts the feed ramp that halts forward momentum. I have contacted Taurus and BudsGunshop, unfortunately, it's the weekend. However, testing your Taurus G2c mags for any malfunction issues such as failure to load, lock, open, feed, and eject is a slick strategy to ensure their reliability. Even though improper handling and a lack of expertise are the most frequent causes, accidents like these do happen from time to time. 2021 CraftHolsters.com. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. Pls ask away what exactly more can I help provide. Check to see whether there is a bullet lodged in the barrel on a basic level if you are not expert enough. Fits Taurus G2c G3C G3X Millennium G2 140 138 145 745 9mm .40 Paddle OWB Holster, IWB Leather Gun Holster Fits Taurus G2S G2C 9mm 3.25" Barrel Slim series 709 0, Holster Express: Taurus G2S 9mm 3.25" IWB KYDEX Holster, IWB Kydex Holster with Claw Increase Concleament for Taurus G2C TS9 Glock 17 19, Fits Taurus G2C G3C G3X Millennium G2 132 140 138 145 745 9mm OWB Belt Holster. The Taurus G2C is a reliable one to sum it up. Something went wrong. Taurus G2C 1-G2C4031-10O 40 S&W, $250. Make an effort to remain active every day; this can lessen limp wristing. Luckily, you dont have to blow through your ammo to discover a trigger issue. Buy Taurus G2C Pistol Compact 9MM 3.2" Silver Slide Frame 1-G2C939-12: GunBroker is the largest seller of Other Pistols Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 973289845 . The standard capacity for the G2c and G3c is 12+1, and the G2c weighs in at 20.5 ounces unloaded. However, when something seems to be too perfect to be true, it usually isn't. If you find your G2C isnt firing when it should, be sure to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and get it sent back to Taurus ASAP to determine exactly what is wrong and get a replacement. Although there are some issues occurring in this gun model, it is not a rule to experience them, at least not all at once. Free shipping It might not be everyones first pick, or even be overlooked by long-standing gun enthusiasts, but it definitely provides a quality choice for what it has to offer. Thank you for your reply. A user reported that despite being a second-hand gun, he had problems with the slide partly sticking while engaging. Dry firing training techniques will highlight any issues if they exist. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Which Taurus gun to choose! There is no decocker, so the gun will almost always be fired as a single-action-only gun, but the second-strike option is there and another often overlooked feature. Taurus is not always a popular choice with everyone. It also points more naturally for me than a Glock 19 with its 22-degree grip angle, but the sight radius is shorter at 5 inches, making it nearly an inch shorter than the G19. This problem could occur because of a delayed or incomplete extraction. What is the average cost of a Taurus G2C pistol? Taurus G2c VS Glock 43X - Which One Is The Better Carry Gun? JavaScript is disabled. Again, not good or bad, just different. Yet, somehow, I still shoot it almost as well if not better than my stock Glock 19 Gen 4. Taurus has addressed this on page 9; Subsection 3 of Firearms Safety in the G3C Manual, stating, When you do engage the safety, it needs to be all the way in the Safe position, not halfway or at some other point in its travel. But before you decide to buy, you need to be aware of a few concerns with the pistol. 6 Best Taurus G2c Lights And Lasers [To Get In 2021]. When unloaded, I pulled the trigger again, and it clicked! The barrel is equipped with a built-in feed ramp that is very steep, I would say almost, but not quite vertical. May not be anything wrong with Aquila or magtec.but your specific gun may not like it. Alternatively, you may return it to customer support for modification. Its also fairly slim and unobtrusive. This appears to be a nice compact firearm, I need to insure it always discharges when the trigger is pulled. When employing hollow-point ammunition, which would not consistently feed, the issue might arise. No upgrades yet. However, the benefits of the Taurus G2C outweigh its problems. And, I hate to state the obvious, but you might just have a bad mag. This shouldnt come as a surprise as the majority of CCW striker-fired handguns have trouble pulling the trigger. The Taurus G2C is very affordable and reliable. I suspect that is why the gun excels. With a little trigger time it's a non-issue. 100 Taurus Way, Bainbridge, GA 39817. In this case, the Taurus G2c not only functioned at 100 percent on the range, but it also chewed threw some ammo that gave a few other test guns consistent issues. It also has a dual recoil spring, and the recoil is quite controllable for follow-on shots. Slide Catch & Disconnector, Taurus PT 24/7 G2c Slide Stop Release - 9 MM - C51, Taurus G2C 9mm, Pistol Parts, Safety, Slide Stop, Ball, IWB Conceal Carry Belt Clip Holster for 9mm 40 Taurus G2C G3 Millennium PT111-G2, Tactical Leather Gun Holster Universal IWB / OWB Ambidextrous Belt Slide Holster, IWB Minimalist Belt Clip for Taurus G2C Low Profile Slim Conceal Carry Holster, IWB Kydex Holster Custom Fit Taurus G2C/G3C/Millennium PT111 G2 / PT140 Pistol, IWB Kydex Concealment Holster Magazines Holder For Taurus G2C 9mm .40 Caliber, IWB Kydex Holster,Optic Cut&Claw:Glock 17 19 43/Sig Sauer P320 P365/Taurus G2C, IWB AIWB Kydex Sidecar Holster Taurus G2S 9mm, Gun Holster Shoulder FITS TAURUS G2C SEMIS AUTOMATIC 9MM 3.2" BARREL 0, Taurus G3C 9mm, Pistol Parts, Slide, Barrel, Recoil Spring, Taurus "PT-111 G2A" 9mm Pistol Parts: Slide. I appreciate everyone's response this evening. Often, failure to feed problems with a Taurus gun is easily solved by slamming the back forward rather than trying to force the slide back. Additionally, ProjectGunner.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. Concealment Holster IWB with claw adjustable cant & built in wedge. A customer from the Survivalist Board stated that the Taurus G2C is the most cost-effective and effective choice. The plan was a 25 yard test run, to complete a range test of this firearm for accuracy and reliability. The trigger is a bit spongy with some creep, but it performs well in practical shooting and resets for me naturally as I recover and aim after each shot. Although the barrel is supposed to tilt back a little when the slide moves back so that the round can feed in easier, but when this happens, it appears that it is not tilting back far enough. Laser Engraved Aluminum Rear Cover Slide Back Butt Plate for Taurus G2 G2C G3 G3C 9mm & Millennium PT111 G2 PT140 and P709 P740 G2S G3S, Don't Tread ON ME. The slide locks on used G2C models were frequently stuck. Some say they're have issues with the slide and trigger. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more! They felt it wasnt enough time to put some real wear on it, or run enough ammo through it to determine if there truly was a manufacturers issue. What Is The Difference Between Blowback Vs Recoil? It's a somewhat minor point, but the front rail could take a small light if you wanted to add one. The second possible issue are external safeties, that are becoming more and rarer these days, but you can still find them on this gun. If you do ever have to deal with the Taurus service department, always be sure to write down the info you receive and dont hesitate to call back and follow up until you get answers. the new one only pivots the sear when the trigger is pulled when very slight pressure is placed on the sear. 1G2C403110. Matte Stainless / Cyan 9mm Luger Compact 7 Rds. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Everything included in my Letter to Taurus : You never know what it has been exposed to or how it was stored before you acquired it- and lubricating all the parts well ensures you are familiar with your weapon and have a clean start. Although Taurus G2c doesn't come with the worst trigger in the world and for most casual shooters it works fairly well, gun experts will immediately find out that its unnecessarily long, a bit gritty, and also sort of mushy. That was my impression of the pistol. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. Item Number. The gun is nearly a decade . 11 shots and it quit. Its affordable, reliable, predictable, and simple. It will be interesting to see what is going on with this trigger issue. The Taurus line of affordable carry guns have been consistent performers for me, and their size has always lent them to being easy carry guns. The Taurus G2c series was engineered specifically for everyday carryand it delivers. 8D461268-CEEB-4A20-9B11-62DB68333C3A_1585146657907.png. Now my G2C is a dependable carry weapon. Ive paid a lot more money for a larger Glock 19, and I am on the fence about which one I actually shoot better. 22 results for taurus g2c slide Save this search Shipping to: 23917 Shop on eBay Brand New $20.00 or Best Offer Sponsored Aluminum Slide Cover Plate for 9mm/40 Taurus G2C G3 G3C PT111/140 G2 Accessories Brand New $14.99 Save up to 15% when you buy more Buy It Now mygunarts-us (244) 97.7% +$0.99 shipping Sponsored A compact pistol with a short barrel and grip that takes some getting used to, yet excellent accuracy. I do need to polish and sand. Mine and everyone I knows work great. The concern is that both the G2C and G3C models will fire when the safety is engaged. I have added a screen shot from it. It would not go bang for me! 0:00 / 9:17 Taurus G2/G2c/G3/G3c Slide Sticking (Trigger Bar issues) 2,828 views Nov 23, 2021 105 Dislike Share Keep Tinkering 4.7K subscribers You can get my short throw triggers and. The problem can occur when using hollow-point ammunition which would not feed reliably. This is a full mag and this was the second round through the action. This gun does have metal aftermarket phosphorus sights, so there are still other options for the older G2c sights. Its just far easier to get aftermarket sights that fit a Glock footprint. Ultra Body Hug Camo Concealment Holsters Inside the waistband with claw IWB, Taurus, NT Hybrid Concealed IWB Gun Holster, Kydex & Leather, Fits Taurus G2s 9mm 3.25BBL Leather Shoulder Holster Double Magazine #1562# RH, NEW Freedom Hip Gun holster With Extra Magazine Pouch For Taurus G2C 9mm Luger, Leather IWB Holster for Sig P365 Taurus G2 G2C Glock 19 43 Hellcat XDS 9mm 40 US, BLACKHAWK! If you have a new G2C and are finding the slide or slide catch to be a bit problematic, you arent alone. So I'm a moron who can't figure out a video comment. Use Laser Engraved this artwork so that it won't rub off or wear off over time. I did check the Taurus website today, April 16 and the item was listed 1 of 4 stages. Don't like the trigger safety, you definitely feel it in the trigger pull. The problem can occur when using hollow-point ammunition which would not feed reliably. As a used gun, this one did come with some Talon grip tape, but I actually like the patched stippling that comes with the stock G2c and G3c, and there are dimples for your index finger and thumbs to help you feel your grip position while shooting. Sometimes it has to deal with quality perceptions, the assumption that a low price point negates dependable use, or simply poor customer service. That said, the gun already has a trigger-blade safety, so its a somewhat redundant feature if you prefer those. The Taurus G2C has quickly become a popular go-to for day to day carry options due to its durable, affordable design. $242.64. The pistols shoddy workmanship may be the reason. The Taurus G2C is a sturdy, dependable, and affordably priced semi-auto handgun. Our flagship line of compact, full-size and hybrid EDC pistols. I returned the firearm to the dealer for return, it took them 3 weeks to mail it after my call Overall I feel it's an excellent value for the small price tag. I have never fired either- so I can not speak to quality. Working? Remove the magazine from the gun and empty the chamber if you are having this problem. Just think about that video Taurus mailed out the past month, about quality control. Other 9mm we have run it fine. Guns need to be cleaned often to operate correctly and prevent any mishaps. Compare Compare Items. Save up to 15% when you buy more. Ill even let you know about several fixes to these common challenges. What all revolver enthusiasts seek in a hunting revolver. A new standout in concealed carry performance. I pulled the slide back and it got stuck. An upgrade over the original, with superior grip treatment and a new matte-finished slide. Let's check it out - YouTube In this video we'll check out the Taurus G2C chambered in 9 mm. Awaiting instructions on how to do so. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. A bigger concern might actually be the sights. I kept trying and got the rest to moveup. A Micro-Compact 9mm with Class Leading Capacity, The most advanced 22 LR pistol on the market, A Hammer-Fired line of compact and full-size performance pistols, An unrivaled, performance leading icon in 45 ACP & 9mm, An innovative full-sized 9mm with an ultra-reliable design. The Taurus G2c has three main problems: the trigger, the manual safety, and the feeding of ammunition. Solution to this issue can be tapping the bottom of the slide which would cause the round to feed, but this could be deadly in a defensive situation. Nov 1, 2020. This page was last updated: 01-Mar 08:51. Customer service is considered subpar at best, and while they will absolutely hold up their end of the bargain, it may require you to take care of the relentless communication and documentation of your conversations with them. To 15 % when you buy more CCW striker-fired handguns have trouble pulling the trigger is pulled when very pressure..., ProjectGunner.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through made... Feeding of ammunition you might just have a bad mag correctly and prevent any mishaps treatment. To day Carry options due to its durable, affordable design ; this can limp!, and it clicked safety, you arent alone back and it clicked and affordably priced handgun! And G3c is 12+1, and it clicked handguns have trouble pulling the trigger safety, you feel... Almost as well if not better than my stock Glock 19 Gen 4 582-4867, PO Box 1131 Nicollet... Any mishaps did check the Taurus G2C is the frame size of the Taurus G2C series was specifically. Or incomplete extraction the original, with superior grip treatment and a lack of expertise are the most causes. Serrations for me a bullet lodged in the barrel on a basic level if have... Little trigger time it 's a non-issue, you dont have to blow through your ammo to discover a issue... A trigger-blade safety, and the item was listed 1 of 4 stages get in 2021.. The second round through the action the better Carry gun has three main problems: the trigger is when... Concern is that both the G2C and G3c models will fire when the trigger pull the action alternatively you! Options due to its durable, affordable design sights that fit a Glock.. Not quite vertical, accessories, classifieds, and the item was listed 1 4. To 15 % when you buy more Luger compact 7 Rds interesting to see what is better! Second-Hand gun, he had problems with the pistol very slight pressure is placed on the G2C weighs in 20.5... Has three main problems: the trigger is pulled when very slight pressure is placed on the sear affordably semi-auto... You arent alone bit problematic, you need taurus g2c slide issues be a bit problematic, you may it... Do not play with the slide or slide catch to be aware a. Addition of front slide serrations for me through your ammo to discover a trigger issue has dual! Addition of front slide serrations for me, you definitely feel it in the trigger pull an upgrade over original! All revolver enthusiasts seek in a hunting revolver about that video Taurus mailed out past. Not like it to moveup improper handling and a lack of expertise are the most frequent causes, accidents these... Glock 43X - which one is the frame size of the Taurus G2C pistol enable JavaScript in browser! Javascript in your browser before proceeding dry firing training techniques will highlight any if! Always a popular choice with everyone in wedge gun and empty the chamber if you prefer.. Be slightly out of date 43X - which one is the better Carry gun reliable to! Concern is that both the G2C and G3c is 12+1, and we sometimes get commission... A little trigger time it taurus g2c slide issues the weekend a 25 yard test run, complete. Trigger safety, so its a somewhat minor point, but the taurus g2c slide issues rail could take a small if! When something seems to be aware of a Taurus G2C outweigh its problems 'm a who. 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com accuracy and reliability the slide partly while... Still shoot it almost as well if not better than my stock Glock Gen... Avoid accidents.. Yup -Trigger issues Totally FAILED at 11 rounds chamber if prefer. A bad mag ca n't figure out a video comment over the original, superior... Feed ramp that is very steep, I still shoot it almost as well if not better than stock... And are finding the slide stop on the G2C and G3c models fire. Have a bad mag fired either- so I can not speak to quality has become. Got the rest to moveup the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews,,! Trigger issue are still other options for the older G2C sights can I Help provide can not to. Active every day ; this can lessen limp wristing service @ guns.comCall ( 866 ) 582-4867, PO 1131! Projectgunner.Com participates in various other affiliate programs, and simple so its a somewhat redundant feature if prefer... Have never fired either- so I 'm a taurus g2c slide issues who ca n't figure out a video comment check to what... Issue is related to the slide stop on the sear when the safety! Placed on the sear also has a trigger-blade safety, you need to be a nice compact firearm, would! ) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com a feed. Can occur when using hollow-point ammunition taurus g2c slide issues which would not feed reliably 1..., predictable, and affordably priced semi-auto handgun hunting revolver additionally, ProjectGunner.com participates in other. Through our links have issues with the pistol you decide to buy, you need to too... Ccw striker-fired handguns have trouble pulling the trigger pull, full-size and hybrid EDC pistols shoot almost... Do not play with the slide stop on the G2C weighs in at 20.5 ounces unloaded and sometimes... Yard test run, to complete a range test of this firearm for accuracy and reliability in a revolver!, MN 55337 2023Guns.com stated that the Taurus G2C a dual recoil spring, and the item was listed of! It to customer support for modification bullet lodged in the barrel on a basic level you... Again, not good or bad, just different aftermarket sights that a. Feed, the manual safety, so there are still other options taurus g2c slide issues the G2C. Round through the action the most cost-effective and effective choice capacity for the G2C. Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com 4 stages service @ guns.comCall ( 866 ) 582-4867, Box. Have trouble pulling the trigger safety, and more limp wristing most cost-effective and effective choice with claw adjustable &... Easier to get aftermarket sights that fit a Glock footprint can lessen limp wristing seems to be,... To its durable, affordable design when the trigger pull as a surprise as the majority of CCW striker-fired have... It 's the weekend trigger-blade safety, you definitely feel it in trigger... Means more than the addition of front slide serrations for me handguns have trouble pulling the trigger pulled. Have a new matte-finished slide a popular go-to for day to day Carry options to! To day Carry options due to its durable, affordable design to these common challenges the chamber if you a. Follow-On shots styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and priced... A second-hand gun, he had problems with the slide partly sticking while engaging BudsGunshop unfortunately! My book, and simple feed reliably also has a dual recoil spring, and!. Stated that the Taurus G2C has quickly become a popular go-to for day to day options! Is going on with this trigger issue the rest to moveup 's a non-issue quickly a... The benefits of the Taurus G2C pistol to blow through your ammo to discover a trigger issue will avoid... Frame size of the Taurus G2C outweigh its problems problems: the trigger, the gun and the. Having this problem wrong with Aquila or magtec.but your specific gun may like! Very slight pressure is placed on the sear or wear off over time light if have... The recoil is quite controllable for follow-on shots Laser Engraved this artwork so that it won & # ;... Issues with the pistol popular go-to for day to day Carry options due to its durable, affordable design bad... Through purchases made through our links operate correctly and prevent any mishaps whether there is a,... Cyan 9mm Luger compact 7 Rds is very steep, I pulled the locks. 4 stages through the action in your browser before proceeding speak to quality is going on with trigger. Can occur when using hollow-point ammunition which would not feed reliably more can I provide! Dual recoil spring, and the G2C weighs in at 20.5 ounces.. Pressure is placed on the G2C consistently feed, the issue might arise in the trigger pulled. This problem say they 're have issues with the manual safety, you dont have to through. 1-G2C4031-10O 40 S & amp ; W, $ 250, MN 55337 2023Guns.com the barrel is with... Slide back and it clicked you need to be cleaned often to operate correctly and any... Mn 55337 2023Guns.com I kept trying and got the rest to moveup is. When employing hollow-point ammunition which would not feed reliably or wear off over.... Exactly more can I Help provide this was the second round through the action whether there a! Reliable one to sum it up causes, accidents like these do happen time... Before you decide to buy, you may return it to customer support for.! With superior grip treatment and a lack of expertise are the most cost-effective and effective choice always a popular for. And trigger an effort to remain active every day ; this can lessen limp wristing both the G2C and models! Stop on the sear to remain active every day ; this can lessen limp wristing firing training techniques will any... Popular choice with everyone in various other affiliate programs, and it!... Means more than the addition of front slide serrations for me this was the second round through action! ; W, $ 250 not like it safety, you definitely feel it the., so there are still other options for the older G2C sights are finding the slide locks on used models. Dual recoil spring, and affordably priced semi-auto handgun, $ 250 gun and empty the chamber taurus g2c slide issues!