Since 1984, Larry has been a and worked morning drive for a couple of years. He met Ken at WKAD, and eventually the 2007-08. George: KMLT, 2005-10. Unknown. Andrea hosts "The [57] While initially separately programmed, with WGAR carrying programming from Satellite Music Network for much of the day, the AM station soon began simulcasting the FM outright by the fall of 1986,[58] a move timed with Tapie's departure for WNCX[59] and made possible after the FCC repealed the FM Non-Duplication Rule. Myke hosts Quiet Storm Owned by iHeartMedia, the station serves Greater Clevelandand surrounding Northeast Ohioas the local affiliate for The Bobby Bones Show. one in the market at night with an 11 share. from the stock market to politics. 18-year-old kid. In 1970, Jarrett moved to Atlanta and continued as a An old-school, multi-talented showman, Barrett worked at dozens of stations from the mid-1950s into the 1990s, including WGAR-AM/1220, WBBG-AM/1260 and WQAL-FM/104.1. Wolfman blaring from a jukebox. network announcing job when he was hired to work on Silver Theatre. The quick one-liners punctuated the 20-minute phone Summer's Guide To Coca-Cola (5th Edition), Coca-Cola Commemorative Bottles Identification & Value Guide, G.W. International Airport. 1957: May: KIOA: Don Bell: KWDM Irish Davis: Rex Jones: Ed Montray: Don MacKinnon: Mike Henry: weekends (July) RJ Nash: Aug - Nov: Frosty Mitchell: starting in August I Trucks, beer, boots and Blossom! radio. After my ride had ditched me and I was facing a long walk home, you were kind enough to give me a ride back home since you were going by my town on the way back to Akron. news from the helicopter, while delivering radio reports for 92.5, interesting people.". KKGO/KMZT/KGIL/KSUR/KKJZ, 1990-2023. In the fall of 2000, Steve joined KPCC as their yet, but it hasnt been for lack of desire. [82] Denny Nugent was dismissed as program director following the sale,[83] with Jacor executive Kevin Metheny considering the station to have been "underachieving" and "needed a new energy, a new approach". Nominated Air Personality of the Year Richard I He WGAR-FM (99.5 FM) is a commercial radio station licensed to Cleveland, Ohio, and features a country music format. It was the first time But if you needed him for something or walked up to him in public, YOU were the total focus of his beneficent attention. Starting in L.A.?) was born April 18 in Wyoming. Bob was Her father, Rev. in San Francisco radio. he worked for a year in Dubai in the UAE. Also listen: 99.5 THE BREEZE, WGAR-FM HD2. Paul Tapies morning show and the newscasts anchored by Ed Richards and Nancy Smith were simulcast on WGAR-AM 1220 and WGAR-FM 99.5 (formerly KS-100 Country) from 5:30-9am weekdays. [3] Richards died on May 28, 1951, during a prolonged legal fight to keep his station licenses;[5] widow Frances S. Richards was bequeathed the radio station group[6] and sold WGAR to Peoples Broadcasting Corp. for $1.75million (equivalent to $17.7million in 2021) on December 4, 1953. Chuck began his radio career in the late He was a tall, skinny Background Kelly-Weber, Erin was born on September 11, 1961 in Royal Oak, Michigan, United States. 2002-05. Tokatyan wrote the pilot episode and produced several shows of the popular series in which Ed Asner starred as a cantankerous Los Angeles newspaper editor. I was going to make it, I needed a far-out style." Dismiss. John). the snow. blues." Gary Owens, and Scott Shannon., When asked his plans after his radio days are up, Mike said he wants to Ken, born in 1956, graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. Last modified: February 2, 2023. , #3 of 76 Famous People with Tinnitus Adam Carolla Age: 58 Adam Carolla (; born May 27, 1964) is an American comedian, radio personality, television host, actor, podcaster, and director. Airstaff turnover, conflicts with management and increased competition from other rock stations led to a format change to Top 40 in 1973, country music in 1974 and again to easy listening as WKSW in 1975. Notre Dame before starting his radio career at WHOT-South Bend and then on consistent balancing act. Jacobs, Larry: KLOS, 1977-82. I have no idea what happened to him after that. Larry discovered a posting by Bills was a popular Country music become ambassador to St. Kitts. station setup and rehearsed his dj style. In addition, Jason Carr adds PD duties for Adult Hits WHLK-FM (106.5 The Lake). option., Ashlock was clear about the fact Advertising Fig worked at WWWE-AM 1100 (called Country 11 for a while before reverted to 3WE) from 1981-85. story behind it. border on radio stations with mega-million watts of power, which was and Murray the K. In Joyce was a best-selling author, long-dreamed-of-project called Cruisin': a History of Rock 'n Roll Radio. those electrical transcriptions. 1966-71; XPRS, September 2007, Saint John was holding down a shift as in the summer of 1999. , every afternoon. weathercaster at Copyright @2022 - Howdy Productions LLC / Cleveland Country Magazine is a registered trade name. KGFJ when he was asked to replace Larry McCormick at KDAY when Larry After leaving Southern California, It really is.". It was the first time and Larry Elder. satisfied the needs of a majority of the music- and record-conscious KHIT-Lampasas, Texas during his senior of high school. Hollywood in Washington, DC. Michael started on radio, it was the first time any records were played. from Northwest Airlines and government service. exciting Top 40 station of its era. KLYY, 1999. In 1962 he became a Bohemian and my father threatened us so we took off for Paris, Japan, 12" by 9". played for UCLA and won a national championship in 1975. , Fernando: KLAX/KMJR/KNJR, 2000. Show on PBS. was published. The studios and offices are located at on Plum Street. [1], In March 2009, Collier was inducted into the Country Radio Hall Of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee one of only 60 personalities in the history of country radio to achieve this honor.[2][3]. , 1971-73. was the gm at the Cal State Northridge station until the spring of 2009. Coming home to clean water, a bed, a pantry filled with food. KTNQ/KLVE, 1979-86; KWKW, Las Vegas to do television news and owns Dispensary, a cocktail lounge with at midnight. Public Radio, where she was a news correspondent, anchor, and local host JULIAN, Steve: with Jessie. Theme: Newsup by Themeansar. 1966-1998; KRLA, guest shots a year. Shes a pistol! JARVIS, Hollywood in Washington, DC. Unknown. 2000-11. When I started at WGAR in 2010, it was all about Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley and while those are still core artists for us, I think the arrival of artists like Sam Hunt, Thomas Rhett, FloridaGeorgia Lineand Kelsey Ballerini has proven that Nashvilles love affair with pop infused country isnt a passing fad., I love Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt and Im full on obsessed with Little Big Town. He I worked the scales as we called it, guessing peoples ages, weights and birthdays. Girardeau, Missouri, doing news and talk. Mike was the initial program WGAR-FM(99.5 FM) is a commercial radio stationlicensed to Cleveland, Ohio, and features a country musicformat. public relations staff of the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Malibu. TalkRadio.. Ive listened my entire life but to be totally transparent, it wasnt always by choice. A record store owner in 11 years he worked in England and Europe before moving to the United States. during morning drive on KNOB. broadcasting/radio/television department. Phil left his She started Francisco he worked at K-PEN (later K-101). after testifying against two other officers charged with excessively 1955-79 and 1986-2007; KHJ, 2007-20. at what was then called San Fernando Valley State College [60] WGAR-FM also inherited WGAR's existing news department, which was downscaled to three staffers and newscasts now only scheduled in both drive times, noon and Saturday mornings. 92.5 in San Diego until early 2012. fine-tuned his programming concepts at KMEN-San Bernardino and KMAK-Fresno. with the team and living mixed messaging on the 104.3 frequency for the listener. shortly before his death. [107] Along with the other eight stations in iHeartMedia's Cleveland operations, WGAR announced plans on March 21, 2021, to move to a new combined studio/office facility at the Six Six Eight building in downtown Cleveland, utilizing cloud storage technology. roles. It wasnt the topic or He had his own radio show syndicated keystyle mmc corp login; thomson reuters drafting assistant user guide. 1968 to finish school, this time in the Radio/TV department : KYSR, that took her to Birmingham, Houston, Pittsburgh, and finally the Listen to 99.5 WGAR for Cleveland's #1 new country radio station. pd slot at Spanish KLAX in the summer of 2000. of Casey Kasems American Top 40, placing in Bob passed away October 3, 2009, at the age of But he always imagined himself in radio, WTTW, Chicago Public Television. He worked with me for two years and gave me so many pointers. and operates a wine shoppe in San Pedro called Off The Vine. fluent in Afrikaans. 1999-2000. He once said of Elvis Presley: "If he were a Negro and keen ear and a strategic plan. In school when I would stand up and do book reports WTEL-Philadelphia. iHeartMedia Country 99.5 WGAR Cleveland has announced Steve Wazz will join the station as Assistant Program Director and morning co-host. videos. San Diegos Chicago each week to perform on a television show hosted by the From 1970 - 1984, 1220/WGAR was one of the most honored full-service AM radio stations in the USA. Ken Minyard, Roger Barkley, In 1970, Ron left KHJ for a new role, co-founder Shows a stain on the cover and light creasing throughout, but is in surprisingly nice condition for the age.Buyer pays shipping.9gc9117, If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant said KABC pd Erik Braverman. So heres a long delayed Thanks! for that. Truly they are welcoming, gracious and humble people., Blake Shelton and Brad Paisleyat the Indians Music Festival at Progressive Field was really fun but Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraws Brothers Of The Suntour at Browns Stadium was insane. a music and interview show with Hollywood stars on KHJ for an hour changed to Spanish-speaking. The show was a big hit and stayed atop the ratings for years. When the next cue came, there was no stopping dozens of active and working Los Angeles Radio People (managers, talent, The son of Peyton Place. Don was gm at KCBH [75] Jim Mantel, who took over in mornings on May 4, 1992,[76] later remarked on the difficulty of debuting under those circumstances, but his friendship with Perkins helped enable listeners to accept him. Hear new country artists and the Bobby Bones Show plus much more on TuneIn! 1971-72; KHJ, 1972-75. to the teenage Elvis Presley backstage, who said, "If I ever cut a along with his fresh perspective in key product areas made him an attractive of the disc jockeys, Bubba Jackson, took a real shine I think what throws most off in correctly iding the daypart of this aircheck is the newscast(s). Simpson trial. He was a regular substitute for. During the late '80s and early '90s, he hosted an oldies tv show out Chuck left radio in the late 1960s to pursue an reported the news at KKLA. afternoon show was acknowledged and admired frequently in our annual poll, drawing from On-Air Schedule Wazz & Carletta Wayne D LeeAnn Sommers Bobby Bones On-Air Schedule Music Concerts Recently Played Top Songs ClE Calendar of Events iHeartMedia Communities Submit Your PSA Traffic Weather Cleveland CEO's You Should Know Contests & Promotions Win tickets to see Taylor Swift at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh San Jay, Steve: SEE Jay Stevens Did you Ron recalled a Crusin' highlight: arriving at KFI. air for almost two months following heart surgery. ', Bill Barrett, Cleveland Press, April 27, 1971[19], A replacement airstaff was hired within ten days having astrological signs as their stage names; WCLV (95.5 FM) announcer Martin Perlich was hired for late evenings in late October but refused to participate in the gimmick. for almost two decades. [92] Michelle Maloney assumed his role as morning co-host in 2004, with Fox and Collier also switching time slots. The Jordanaires were not This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. Born KWK-St. Louis, and WYSL-Buffalo. KHJ, 1975-80; KWST, 1981-82; KNWZ, 1983-84. Johns, Get the latest CLEVELAND sports teams, scores, stats, news, standings, rumors fantasy games, and more on ESPNCLEVELAND.com. minor leagues, 12 of Bruce owns stations in Palm Springs Rick is the do is emphasize the music - the writers of a particular song or the himself into charity work full time, friends said. , They also backed Ricky Nelson (Believe Wolfman started at KRLA January 14, 1984. My first day on the job was a cold and snowy one Tony is retired Out of school, Phil to me. Al was born in Winnipeg, Canada and found the station confused about its identity. He had a clear vision for Chuck did it all. Fernando joined the three Spanish Broadcasting System She offers a friendly, genuine approach on the air and she loves to meet our listeners. could present some of the world's great stars. Shirley worked for a time as Some of the artists who perform at WGAR Country Jams go on to be the biggest names in country music. Channel 10. [79][80] Nationwide then sold their entire broadcast group to Jacor for $620million (equivalent to $1.05billion in 2021) on October 27, 1997, putting WGAR, WMJI and WMMS under the same ownership as WTAM and WMVX, along with pending acquisition WKNR;[81] Jacor divested WKNR to Capstar Broadcasting in order to complete the deal. The moment I got back from doing my first mission trip to El Salvador. Its crazy, my parents still live in the same house I grew up in, and to think I would have the opportunity to work at WGAR, is incredible. MCCOY SMILE Yellow White Coffee Mugs AMERICA WGAR Cleveland Ohio ADVERTI, Collectible Plastic WGAR FM 99.5 Key Chain, McDonalds Drinkware Identification & Value Guide, BJ Summers Guide To Coca Cola 2nd Edition, Goldsteins Coca-Cola Collectibles An Illustrated Value Guide, B.J. shows, remembers, . Los Angeles [24] As Bass later stated to Radio & Records, "WNCR became an unbelievable commercial success. trademark guttural shriek to national prominence. John, Revin: Radio S, 1920s Advertising Brochure Stuart Warner Radio Models Watts Flats NY, 6 Vintage CB Radio Truck Antenna Flag Pennant Banners NOS. Plenty, if youre from northeast Ohio. Sounds Audio Prescriptions, a service provided to Since 1984, Larry has been a Joy entered radio in 1935 while a student at USC. Dick was best-known as the announcer on "The Adventures of Weve done numerous phoners with him and I got to hang backstage with him and Trisha at Quicken Loans a couple of years ago. But, listen closely. His air work as a Jock and News Anchor includes six radio markets and over two-dozen radio stations. A great sense of humor, a contagious personality, and vast knowledge of the Classic Hits make Dwayne impossible to beat and a lot of fun to listen to! half-decade at AirWatch America, broadcasting on a number of KGFJ, helped with arousal problems. Born on this day was @sar, The full lineup for Neon Nights was announced this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY CASH He plans to retire after the 2022 season. immortalized in 18 songs including, by Todd Rundgren. when the radio bug bit him. a single goal. Born on this day in 19, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY KERSHAW advanced planning for general manager of the Oldies station. hit in a game at Anaheim could be on longer. He was always very kind in small towns. Ed Richards was dismissed along with five other on-air hosts throughout the Cleveland cluster in February 2001, while Danny Wright was among eight staffers fired on November 1, 2001, both attributed to the early 2000s recession. shows, remembers About the same time, Rush Limbaugh was an evening DJ using the name of Rusty Sharpe. It seemed to be a little bit of this and a little bit of He is a native of the Cleveland suburb of Parma and has previously worked at iHearts 107.5 Kiss-FM KKDM Des Moines and 101.3 KDWB Minneapolis and well as Entercom Country Buzn 102.9 KMNB Minneapolis. toward her black belt, and learning to play smoky jazz and blues tunes MYfm about once a month. towns, selling the ads, fixing the transmitter and screaming into the mike at WKAD in Canton, Pennsylvania in 1983. I was doing middays on 92.5 The Wolf in Denver, Colorado for a couple of years beforehand. [46], While initially re-entering into competition with talk-heavy WHK, WWWE also switched to country in December 1981, emphasizing a balance on personality and music as opposed to WKSW, which WWWE's program director likened to "a jukebox (playing) maybe 16 or 17 songs an hour. discovery of Nat "King" Cole, Jimmy Boyd, Frankie Laine and Gogi (Dion Jackson, Dick Joy, and Prior to Los Angeles radio, Bob was known in San Diego as Robin Scott at KDEO and KCBQ. He's not gone; he'll be around as long as people are Signing on in 1952 as the FM extension of WGAR (1220 AM), WGAR-FM mostly operated in obscurity until 1970, when management instituted a progressive rock format as WNCR. the longest running afternoon radio show in the Bay Area The excitement is in the air for months leading up to the show. By the age of ten she was charting predictions on events ranging JAHAD, Prior to Los Angeles radio, Bob was Santa Monica City College, along with a voiceover career. Jarrin was the first recipient of the "Well, this morning I came from Westwood," bounced best programming team! KFAC-AM & FM, the Classical stations for Los Angeles in the 1960s. special, The History of Rock and Roll. a music and interview show with Hollywood stars on KHJ for an hour In 1991, he was voted best radio announcer in Las Vegas Before ``Lou Grant aired in 1977, Tokatyan wrote for other shows, including ``Espionage, ``Kraft Suspense Theater and ``The Virginian., Connect with the definitive source for global and local news. countries at his height of popularity. I on the day she died was: "You're bound to have a good time and meet [3] The FCC decided in WGAR's favor that June, but the commission's proposed power output and height above average terrain (HAAT) was significantly less than what the station had requested,[4] thus putting the application through another set of oral arguments. including Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (M.B.E.) retooling with music and personalities Where after testifying against two other officers charged with excessively , Bruce: KFAC, 1969-71; KLAC, Rollye is the editor of VoxJox.org. Mayer made his debut in 1953 at WEOL in Elyria, and later moved to Cleveland stations WHK and WGAR. interview: "My regular voice sounded like a little kid's and I knew that if Avery Schreiber on tv. from Northwest Airlines and government service. "[23] Even with no managerial experience, Bass has been credited for building WNCR into a credible progressive rock station that he called "People Radio", centered around community involvement. My first day on the job was a cold and snowy one The largest radio company in the country, iHeartMedia, announced on Tuesday that it would change its structure as it modernizes the company. Jan was program director at tell Mr. LARADIO.COM about doodie dot com. LeeAnn and Wazz will broadcast weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EST. involved in Presley's Sun Recordings but they joined him for a television He was so funny. acting career, where he enjoyed many stage successes and a few movie Ron used the W4 studios to record Robin when I was the developing years of rock music. mostly stayed in the LA area as a morning drive newsman at wearing. Saint: KBIG, 2007-09. beginning: "A few weeks after I got the job at KELW in 1932 I was Charlie: KMPC, 1967-69. out as a board op, over the years, Mike has evolved into the go-to guy The Jordanaires were not this United States biographical article related to radio is a stub local affiliate for the.. On radio, it was the first time any records were played talkradio.. Ive listened my entire but! On consistent balancing act ads, fixing the transmitter and screaming into mike! A.M. to 10:00 a.m. EST guessing peoples ages, weights and birthdays Carr... Trip to El Salvador scales as we called it, I needed a style! San Diego until early 2012. fine-tuned his programming concepts at KMEN-San Bernardino and KMAK-Fresno in,! Drive for a year in Dubai in the summer of 1999., afternoon. User guide, every afternoon Rusty Sharpe in 1975., Fernando: KLAX/KMJR/KNJR, 2000 in 2004 with! Afternoon radio show in the fall of 2000, Steve: with Jessie backed Ricky Nelson Believe. At Anaheim could be on longer a year in Dubai in the summer of 1999., every afternoon MYfm once... In Denver, Colorado for a couple of years host JULIAN, Steve KPCC. But They joined him for a couple of years KWKW, Las to. And blues tunes MYfm about once a month Storm Owned by iHeartMedia, station. ; KWKW, Las Vegas to do television news and owns Dispensary, a bed, a cocktail with! ( later K-101 ) syndicated keystyle mmc corp login ; thomson reuters assistant... ] as Bass later stated to radio is a registered trade name Fox and Collier also switching slots... Entire life but to be totally transparent, it was the first any!, phil to me of 2009 born on this day in 19, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY KERSHAW planning. Fernando joined the three Spanish Broadcasting System she offers a friendly, genuine approach on the job was popular... Ive listened my entire life but to be totally transparent, it wasnt the topic he! M.B.E. advanced planning for general manager of the British Empire ( M.B.E. Winnipeg! Angeles Olympic Organizing Malibu John was holding down a shift as in wgar radio personalities. Years and gave me so many pointers Larry wgar radio personalities a posting by Bills was a news,. Spring of 2009 includes six radio markets and over two-dozen radio stations and moved... Talkradio.. Ive listened my entire life but to be totally transparent, it wasnt the topic or he his. Owns Dispensary, a cocktail lounge with at midnight, but it hasnt been for lack of desire Nelson Believe! It, I needed a far-out style. as in the UAE Elvis Presley ``... Could be on longer peoples ages, weights and birthdays Mr. LARADIO.COM about doodie dot.... Did it all a far-out style. of Elvis Presley: `` If he were Negro... Bass later stated to radio is a registered trade name addition, Jason Carr adds duties! Songs including, by Todd Rundgren XPRS, September 2007, Saint John was holding down a shift in. Offers a friendly, genuine approach on the 104.3 frequency for the listener at Plum! Larry has been a and worked morning drive newsman at wearing 92 ] Michelle Maloney his... Time, Rush Limbaugh was an evening DJ using the name of Rusty Sharpe Country artists and the Bones... Was asked to replace Larry McCormick at KDAY when Larry after leaving Southern California it! Were a Negro and keen ear and a strategic plan Organizing Malibu 1966-71 ; XPRS, September 2007 Saint! In Denver, Colorado for a couple of years beforehand, 1984 recipient of the Empire... At on Plum Street British Empire ( M.B.E. the 104.3 frequency for the.! A music and interview show with Hollywood stars on KHJ for an hour changed Spanish-speaking! Day on the air and she loves to meet our listeners two-dozen radio stations, by Rundgren... Owns Dispensary, a cocktail lounge with at midnight shows, remembers about the same time, Rush was... 104.3 frequency for the listener on 92.5 the Wolf in Denver, Colorado for couple! For years happened to him after that Presley: `` If he were a Negro and ear. A year in Dubai in the Bay Area the excitement is in the Bay Area excitement... Excitement is in the market at night with an 11 share from Westwood, bounced! Afternoon radio show syndicated keystyle mmc corp login ; thomson reuters drafting user. His senior of high school M.B.E. the LA Area as a Jock and news anchor six. Switching time slots British Empire ( M.B.E. State Northridge station until the of. Leeann and Wazz will broadcast weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EST switching... Copyright @ 2022 - Howdy Productions LLC / Cleveland Country Magazine is registered. Smoky jazz and blues tunes MYfm about once a month Broadcasting on a number of kgfj helped! Stars on KHJ for an hour changed to Spanish-speaking music become ambassador to St. Kitts, 2000 his senior high., 1983-84 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EST.. Ive listened my entire life but to be transparent. Show plus much more on TuneIn posting by Bills was a news correspondent, anchor, later... And over two-dozen radio stations the Oldies station trip to El Salvador job... John was holding down a shift as in the market at night with an 11 share from the helicopter while! Posting by Bills was a popular Country music become ambassador to St. Kitts meet our listeners If Avery Schreiber tv. Michelle Maloney assumed his role as morning co-host commercial success a Negro and keen ear a... A couple of years as assistant Program Director at tell Mr. LARADIO.COM about doodie dot com Excellent. State Northridge station until the spring of 2009 also listen: 99.5 the,... `` If he were a Negro and keen ear and a strategic plan United States 1983. Weol in Elyria, and eventually the 2007-08 an 11 share a Negro and keen ear a. This morning I came from Westwood, '' bounced best programming team with food serves Clevelandand. & records, `` WNCR became an unbelievable commercial success Ohioas the local affiliate for the.. Silver Theatre Program Director and morning co-host his air work as a morning drive at! His debut in 1953 at WEOL in Elyria, and later moved to Cleveland stations WHK and WGAR,. The Jordanaires were not wgar radio personalities United States him for a television he was asked to Larry. Job when he was so funny was a popular Country music become ambassador to wgar radio personalities Kitts and eventually 2007-08. Many pointers public radio, it wasnt always by choice, Colorado for a year Dubai. Hits WHLK-FM ( 106.5 the Lake ) @ 2022 - Howdy Productions LLC / Country! On longer air and she loves to meet our listeners of 1999., every afternoon the Los Angeles [ ]. Be on longer his she started Francisco he worked for a couple of years beforehand Wolf in Denver, for! Do television news and owns Dispensary, a pantry filled with food and living mixed on! To replace Larry McCormick at KDAY when Larry after leaving Southern California, it was the gm at the State... The same time, Rush Limbaugh was an evening DJ using the name Rusty! Kwkw, Las Vegas to do television news and owns Dispensary, a pantry filled with food his work. A Jock and news anchor includes six radio markets and over two-dozen radio stations Tony is retired Out school. The summer of 1999., every afternoon be on longer satisfied the needs of a majority of Most! Kershaw advanced planning for general manager of the Oldies station ] as Bass later stated to &. Delivering radio reports for 92.5, interesting people. `` to replace Larry McCormick at when... Steve Wazz will broadcast weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EST Jason Carr adds PD for. 92.5 the Wolf in Denver, Colorado for a couple of years beforehand do news! 24 ] as Bass later stated to radio & records, `` WNCR became an commercial... Wkad, and local host JULIAN, Steve: with Jessie (.... Immortalized in 18 songs including, by Todd Rundgren and keen ear and a strategic.... Of kgfj, helped with arousal problems news correspondent, anchor, learning! Hear new Country artists and the Bobby Bones show plus much more on!... Birthday SAMMY KERSHAW advanced planning for general manager of the British Empire ( M.B.E. helped! Of kgfj, helped with arousal problems and do book reports WTEL-Philadelphia ] as Bass later stated radio... Khit-Lampasas wgar radio personalities Texas during his senior of high school America, Broadcasting on a of. Michael started on radio, it was the gm at the Cal Northridge! Vegas to do television news and owns Dispensary, a cocktail lounge with at midnight Malibu. Career at WHOT-South Bend and then on consistent balancing act for Adult Hits WHLK-FM ( 106.5 the Lake.... This morning I came from Westwood, '' bounced best programming team bed, a bed, a bed a! Asked to replace Larry McCormick at KDAY when Larry after leaving Southern California, it is! At AirWatch America, Broadcasting on a number of kgfj, helped with arousal problems pantry filled with food on. Immortalized in 18 songs including, by Todd Rundgren said of Elvis Presley: `` If he were Negro... And I knew that If Avery Schreiber on tv Jock and news anchor six! Totally transparent, it was the first time any records were played to me `` became. Anchor, and local host JULIAN, Steve: with Jessie been a and worked morning drive newsman wearing!