shimano ep8 error code w101

I resolved this problem by applying ox-gard to the four male terminals that the battery connects to and working it in with a wire brush. Shimano EP8 is a popular electric bike (e-bike) system that provides assistance to the rider while pedalling. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. You are using an out of date browser. Firmware update didn't fix the issue. I can also confirm this seems to match the times I have had this error. Robust and reliable, LINKGLIDE delivers smooth, seamless shifting under power with enhanced durability. After the pedal/crank turns past a certain point, the error will throw the first time I turn the battery on, but I've been able to easily work around it by turning the battery off and back after it errors out the first time. Error W010 is caused when the motor temperature is higher than the normal operating temperature. Cant find anything online about fixing this issue. Press the power button for 12 seconds and power on once again. Copyright 2012-2022 EBR Electric Bike Review, Inc. Also operating under the name EBR. The EP8 (EP800) drive unit delivers smooth, direct power to ensure youre always in complete control while experiencing a natural ride feeling. PTIJ Should we be afraid of Artificial Intelligence? It combines support for advanced features with a more traditional riding feel for a truly . > Below we have details of 3 of the most common Shimano STEPS error messages along with what they mean, what to look for and how you might be able to fix them. How to fix Shimano STEPS W013 Error Code? We are in Florida 200 yards from the Gulf so0 corrosion is a real issue. > Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. If your bike is resting make sure the pedal and cranks are clear and nothing is touching them. Was this article helpful? Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. An update to Eplus software has been released that will allow our team to change the factory parameters of the new engine from Shimano. Luckily, I had photos of the bike as I left it in the bike shop.. If this message is displayed then you might find that the assist is much less than usual or that the motor switches off every 3-4 pedal strokes. By clicking Allow All, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device. If the unit is under warranty you're best to send it to the dealer for service. If this message is displayed then you might find that the assist is much less than usual or that the motor switches off every 3-4 pedal strokes. Thats exactly what happened- I took a break and powered off the system. This is a common problem as many bikes come out of the factory like this and it takes a couple miles before the STePs system throws an error. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. E-BIKE This cuts out the assist. According to Shimano, E010 indicates a "system error," so I searched my regular ebike forum jaunts (mostly here and the eMTB Forums) for ideas and info. Check to see the magnet hasnt moved if it has repositioned it and this will solve the message. Do NOT power the system on if the eMTB is leaning on the chainset. I asked my dealer about it and he said this error happens when you try riding before the system finishes starting up. JavaScript is disabled. This is definitely a problem with the inadequate connector in the battery. Conquer mountains and explore new paths with the refined power and connectivity of our flagship EP8 drive unit platform. Hi! I will remember to spray at intervals when I think of it! There is a specific measurement required for the Shimano Battery between terminals. I use emery filing boards by revlon in the nail section at Walmart or other beauty shops. And like many tech error codes, this on its own isnt very useful in helping us as mountain bikers resolve the issue, luckily this error isnt usually serious. ROAD. EP8 EP800. New shared architecture Drivetrain components from Shimano. Errors on display . JavaScript is disabled. Had this problem and Shimano support tried lots to fix this including a new battery pack as had some other fault showing. Shimano Cues - New 9/10/11 speed lower tier drivetrain components. DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS | MANUALS & TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS | DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, Privacy Policy | Cookies Preferences | Terms of Use | California Transparency in Supply Chain Act | ADA Compliance. Making that move from traditional mountain bike to a Shimano STEPS assisted eMTB comes with a few new lessons to learn and one of those lessons are error codes. https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/43858/shimano-steps-ebike-e010-and-e012-errors-diy-fix-possible. EP8 leads the way with e-bike racing levels of pedal assist for robust climbing acceleration and confident technical trail riding. The best fix is using a oxide clean spray on both the pins in the socket and the clips on the battery. Our most versatile assist mode to date is perfectly tuned for . Reproduktion of the E010 on latest Firmware of the Shimano E8000First the Error only accured a few times in combination of W013. A system error was detected. COMPONENTS Error W011 Error W011 is a message that will display if the Shimano STEPS system isn't able to detect the riding speed of the bike. Also, check that nothing else if pressing on the pedals or crankarm. Shimano also claims this issue is. After 2250 joyous trail miles on my Commencal MetaPower eMTB with Shimano's e8000 motor, I've recently experienced the apparently common - and oft-, More details quoted from someone with far more technical expertise than me in the Fb group, ". It appears to be a simple adjustment. Power assistance is not provided during riding. No connection issues found. Here are 3 common error messages, what they mean and how to solve them. Conquer mountains and explore new paths with the refined power and connectivity of our flagship EP8 drive unit platform. Concaved button-shape shifters make it easier to switch between Eco, Trail and Boost modes. Has 90% of ice around Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade? My shimano steps started cutting out and displaying the E010 error code at about 3500 kilometers. The W013 message usually means that the torque sensor hasnt been full initialised. New shared architecture Drivetrain components from Shimano. Much money later it came back minus the motor cover which Madsion, the distributer said wasn't on when they got it. The World's largest electric mountain bike community. The one time I had this happen, the LBS mechanic that sold me my e-bike offered to fix it for me for free, so I was idly watching. More speed, more power, more fun! The Shimano STEPS motor system in your Patrol eMTB is a sophisticated unit, one that is able to alert you of any problems while out riding. Car batteries have some blue liquid painted on them which dries, and does the same, but Vaseline has the same properties of conducting electricity while inhibiting corrosion. My shimano steps started cutting out and displaying the E010 error code at about 3500 kilometers. Rob has ridden the bike, so make You must log in or register to reply here. Reinstalled battery and no issues for 3 rides so farI used a toothbrush and Sensodyne toothpaste ( important to use the stuff for sensitive teeth). Press J to jump to the feed. Later I got on the bike, forgot I hadnt turned it on, reached in to power up and started pedaling. Got a call from the mechanic today. The bike shop will have a diagnostic tool but usually they just send the motor away. Thats great. In the latest firmware of the Shimano EP8 motor is not possible to modify these values. The cause of the W013 message is usually because something is resting on a pedal when the system is turned on. It combines support for advanced features with a more traditionalriding feel for a truly revolutionary e-bike riding experience. 1 out of 1 found this helpful. Shimano could fix the problem by putting larger and stronger connectors in the battery,but until that happens,keep the terminals clean. It often happens uphill. You can use, Welcome to the site, dont forget to take the. However, the dealer is in another town, so I'm wondering if anyone has been successful solving this problem on their own? THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE. On certain models of Patrol eMTB the speed sensor magnet is integrated on the disc, if you have changed your disc to a non-eMTB version then there will be no magnet and the system will not be able to measure speed. Our next-generation ABS helps reduce front wheel lock-up and rear-wheel lift to provide safe and natural braking control in more conditions. It only takes a minute to sign up. I'm having problem with my shimano steps, E6010 controller. Good input - have you considered a dielectric grease on the terminals? I found that surprising, as reed switches can become unreliable. LIFESTYLE. Rode the bike about a week and now Im getting the speed sensor error. Enjoy the best of both worlds with smart assist power and a balanced design that maintains a fluid biking style. Left it in the bike shop but they couldn't find the problem. I keep getting W101 error on screen, it keeps losing the speed sensor signal. Ride the Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol Mountain Team at Eurobike 2022. More speed, more power, more fun! In the E6000 Series Dealers manual and E8000 Series User's manual I found the following: E010: Then E010 error is pretty generic and I've gotten it occasionally, usually when turning the battery on in colder weather to the point where it's almost predictable. Lbs took motor apart. Shimano EP8-RS motor for lightweight emtbs reviewed The Shimano EP8 is a 2.65kg and 85Nm motor that is used on many full power emtbs. I believe this motor can draw close to 20A of current, that's the limit for this. SM-CRE80. There's an e-bike revolution. Can't find anything online about fixing this issue. The World's largest electric mountain bike community. Our most versatile assist mode to date is perfectly tuned for you to set-it and forget-it, leaving you free to concentrate on tackling the toughest of terrain. Had similar problem with my e8000. But Orbea decided they wanted to use it on the Rise, their lightweight emtb. Took the bike to Balfe's Bikes workshop a couple of weeks ago. Blow out the hole plug and add some dielectric grease. The problem is that you don't know what the codes mean. Again with this error, you may find a partial or complete drop in power from the motor until it is cleared. Here in the UK that's Madison and the warranty process is fairly stress free and efficient. Any reputable emtb shop with a shimNo diagnostic tool should be able to figure it out. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Yes No. (But of course try unplugging and replugging everything.). Press the power button of the battery to turn it on again. The new 2021 Shimano EP8 closes in on the competition with a new magnesium housing, improved support over a wider cadence range, more adjustment options, 10% less weight and 20% more torque. While the system. This cures the problem for a time, but it is random. They moved it closer to the sensor putting additional washers underneath and said that did the trick Just a bit of data for those with problems. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The bike shop will probably charge for the diagnosis. Ride the Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol Mountain Team at Eurobike 2022. My Shimano Steps-powered e-bike is frequently but irregularly giving me the errors E010 and E012. Thankfully most of these codes arent too serious and actually arent problems at all, one those were going to look at today is the Shimano STEPS W013 error code. The major engine manufacturers had announced for the 2020 model year that they would stop tuning e-bikes as part of the EU standard. In the case of the W011 message, the problem is either a misaligned or missing magnet on your rear wheel/disc or an issue with alignment with the speed sensor located on the chainstay of the frame. We are a group of "class one" eMountain bike riders looking for like minded riders for group rides and conversation! 2022 Norco Fluid VLT A2. Im thinking that the old battery didnt snap into place properly resulting in connection errors. We shrank the size and weight ofourEP drive units to create better-looking e-bikes with greater ground clearance and handling. My experience is that the error code 10 mostly comes from lack of contact between the battery and the socket on the bike. Ride the Trails with Ease: Introducing the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes carbon gravel bikes made for riders with a passion to explore. I took another guys suggestion and cleaned the pins on the terminal block unit. EXPLORE NEW GROUNDSReady to discover unchartered territory? I suspected the magnetic pickup, as well. Fix was instant and has remained problem free now for a more than two months. We'll see what we find out and if they can resolve the problem. Confidently go car-light or car-free with its special cargo-tuning that delivers a smooth ride no matter what you're carrying. Component categories and series of GRAVEL, Component categories and series of LIFESTYLE, Component categories and series of E-BIKE, Your smartphone to cycling computer on the bike, SHIMANO bicycle ride data collection/analysis service, SHIMANO AGAINST THE TAMPERING WITH E-BIKES, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act. To avoid the Shimano STEPS W013 error code follow these steps. Im an old guy - 62 and thats all we have. A buddy brought me his very early emtb that was intermittently twitchy. > If I recall correctly, he was explaining that it was a magnet that needs to be reseated in the right place. SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS Same problem occurred again. Problem was the magnet (mounted on disc rotor). Planned Maintenance scheduled March 2nd, 2023 at 01:00 AM UTC (March 1st, We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup, Is it possible to upgrade a rear derailleur with an other model, same company Shimano and the same speed. We chose the Shimano STEPS motor system for our Patrol E-Six and Patrol E-Zero eMTB bikes because they are compact, powerful, proven and easy to live with, but from time to time an error code might appear on your screen. Although my experience with ebikes is minimal, I'm somewhat of an expert with very complicated motor control systems. How did Dominion legally obtain text messages from Fox News hosts? When and how was it discovered that Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas? It may not display this or other websites correctly. The upper right photo (below) shows the part that fails (within Shimano Steps' torque sensor). Have more questions? Was Galileo expecting to see so many stars? Remove battery and clean contacts on battery and battery mount with disc brake cleaner. Perhaps you have your foot on the pedal or the bike is leaning on something as you switched on the power. SHIMANO STEPS E8000 Chainring (Chain Line 50 mm) VIEW PRODUCT. How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? Chainring for E-MTB (12-speed) VIEW PRODUCT. 51 Troupant Avenue, Magaliessig If this is not correct you will experience 010 issue. It is now possible to unlock the new Shimano EP8 motor with Flash software by Eplus Italy! ST5 motor stopped working, E 210101 code, works after some time. Follow these simple steps to solve the Shimano STEPS W013 error code on your Patrol eMTB mountain bike. Johannesburg. I probably will end up sending it back to the dealer but the issue with that is I ordered my bike from Germany from a retailer called Jonito.de and I live in Ireland so its a big inconvenience. Switch the STEPS system off by the power button. We have 2 bikes with the e step system and experienced many e 10 errors until I discovered the real cause. Rob has ridden the bike, so make You must log in or register to reply here. Internal battery options with up to 630Wh capacity let you push new boundaries and focus on the next switchback, not the battery indicator. Sometimes I can restart it and other times I need to remove battery and re-install. While riding, I turn off the system, give the battery a slap and turn it on again or I remove and replace the battery. My EO10 error needed the motor changing. Rest assured that the harder you push, the more power will be delivered to assist. The bike was inspected by an engineer from Shimano. COMPONENT An update to Eplus' software has been released that will allow our team to change the factory parameters of the new engine from Shimano. > It is now possible to unlock the new Shimano EP8 motor with Flash software by Eplus Italy! Looks like Vitus used something custom. Which basecaller for nanopore is the best to produce event tables with information about the block size/move table. HOME Component categories and series of GRAVEL, Component categories and series of LIFESTYLE, Component categories and series of E-BIKE, Your smartphone to cycling computer on the bike, SHIMANO bicycle ride data collection/analysis service, SHIMANO AGAINST THE TAMPERING WITH E-BIKES, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act. SHIMANO STEPS Chainring 10/11-speed VIEW PRODUCT. This website makes use of cookies to improve your experience and to show you relevant advertising. This is the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2. We continue making our EP drive units smarter to deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced riding dynamics. Once they got it - a lot of error codes coming up from the unit, need to consult Shimano support. Ecotric Error Code 010 - New Controller or Other Suggestion. Shimano says it's a connection problem between battery and motor and has asked LBS to open motor and check connections. Perhaps the most common error code that will be displayed on a Shimano STEPS system of the W013 code, but its also the easiest to fix. You can either choose to power the system down and rest or power the unit off and ride your bike without the motor assisting until the system is back to normal operating temperature. Saklie. I think it's a disgrace that Shimano puts out a product that so many people are having problems with. My dealer told me this may be a firmware problem and asked me to hand the bike over for service. Predictably, Shimano were slow to reply and offered a 4 month replacement time. If your an RC car guy, imagine the pinion gear not making contact with the spur gear. Trail Mode utilizes all 85Nm of EP8's power to boost rider control, confidence and comfort. Many riders forget to replace the magnet to the spokes of the wheel if they have replaced the rear wheel. How can I change a sentence based upon input to a command? Is quantile regression a maximum likelihood method? ). If you receive the message you might find that the assist from the motor is less than usual or that the system refuses to assist at all. Past that you're on your own, so it's probably better you just take the bike in for maintenance instead of risking the warranty. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Pretty ez to check if its snapped in place with the little plastic shimano plug tool. I gave my shop a month to sort it and they took a brand new EP8 motor off a new bike on the floor and installed it on my bike for free. Protect your motors or hope there's no indication it's taken a rock strike. HOME Once you are sure that nothing is in contact with your pedals or crankarms try turning the system back on again. You only need a PC and your mobile. Introducing the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2 your perfect match. Do NOT power the system on if your foot (or anything else) is resing on your pedal or crankarm. The sound is the same, the motor works but you just hear it spinning. I use the alcohol to also clean the side of each of the male battery terminals. Share Improve this answer Follow Have your receipt ready. MANUALS & TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS If the W013 error code appears on your screen you will probably also discover that the motor will assist less than usual or not at all. The fix this error try the following. THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE. I have had the 010 problem in Florida (close to the Gulf of Mexico) and in the UK with different batteries. E010 Shimano Errors, Is there a fix, well yes there is but it could be expensive The Yorkshire Bike Mechanic 8.93K subscribers Subscribe 249 14K views 9 months ago The dreaded Shimano E010. Rode the bike about a week and now I'm getting the speed sensor error. . SM-CRE80-B. However, The Patrol 09 is a mountain bike designed for the most challenging off-road adventures, and its standout feature is the, Patrol Mountain has taken the electric mountain biking world by storm with their latest addition to the eMTB family . Had similar problem with my e8000. JavaScript is disabled. SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS Shimano warranty is generally handled by your own countries Shimano distributor. BIKE. 565 miles it had covered and 1 year old. We don't know. What happened? The fix is simple. Shimano EP8 is a popular electric bike (e-bike) system that provides assistance to the rider while pedalling. Shimano guy said it wasn't their native one. A better choice is probably automotive "dielectric grease", used for electrical connections in automobiles and available at pretty much any auto parts store. If you find that you have this message the only course of action is to take a break and allow the motor to cool down. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. A combination of advanced sensors, drive unit tuning, and natural pedaling mechanics keep you in complete control for focused fun in fast-changing conditions. While the system. Ride to New Heights with the Revolutionary Patrol E-Five Trail EMTB: The Ultimate Trail-Riding Machine! Top 10 Shimano EP8 errors and how to solve them, 10 Essential Tips for Helping Your Kids Start Mountain Biking: A Guide for Parents, Unleash the Power of 29in Wheels on the Patrol 09 Mountain Bike Enhanced Stability, traction, rollover and more. Echo101-PLUS the Southern African and Mauritian distributor for Eplus Italy. I and others have been getting E020 followed by E010 errors. Shimano Steps ebike E010 and E012 errors: DIY fix possible? How to extract the coefficients from a long exponential expression? You are using an out of date browser. More than a months since we bought it and still no clue when it's gonna be ridable Looks like it's finally fixed. Bicycles Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who build and repair bicycles, people who train cycling, or commute on bicycles. I thought it could be something simple, like too much clearance between the magnet and the sensor - that's not the case. For a minute it works fine, then stops, then might come back, might not. Until they do, it's not too much of an inconvenience. Frankly, I'm not even sure that the latest motor systems use reed switches any more. EP8 leads the way with e-bike racing levels of pedal assist for robust climbing acceleration and confident technical trail riding. With the system powered off, check that your feel is NOT on your pedals. I just experienced the E012 error. On bikes with a magnet located on the spokes, a misaligned magnet can be the issue. Mountain biking is a fun and exciting activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, including children. DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, SHIMANO SERVICE CENTERS | MANUALS & TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS | DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS, Privacy Policy | Cookies Preferences | Terms of Use | California Transparency in Supply Chain Act | ADA Compliance. Doesn't exactly specify but most of the recommendations are to get it to the dealer. It appears to be a simple adjustment. Good luck. The first dedicated E-MTB system for conquering mountains and exploring new trails, Refreshed flagship e-MTB system for conquering mountains and exploring new trails, Find your nearest dealer to schedule a test ride. Is it ethical to cite a paper without fully understanding the math/methods, if the math is not relevant to why I am citing it? The E012 error means that the torque sensor is misaligned. EP8 is compatible with DEORE XT & DEORE with LINKGLIDE technology, in addition to current SHIMANO 12-speed drivetrains. 3 common Shimano STEPS error messages and how to solve them, Top 10 Shimano EP8 errors and how to solve them, 10 Essential Tips for Helping Your Kids Start Mountain Biking: A Guide for Parents, Unleash the Power of 29in Wheels on the Patrol 09 Mountain Bike Enhanced Stability, traction, rollover and more. I took it apart, expecting to see a Hall effect device, but it was a simple magnetic reed switch. Click the Manage Cookies button to choose what you allow us to track. Suspicious referee report, are "suggested citations" from a paper mill? Were excited to announce that the Patrol Mountain team will be at Eurobikes new home in Frankfurt this year. The world's most refined MTB components, designed to bring us closer to the trails, closer to nature, and closer to each other. View and compare riding range results for our drive units when paired with different battery capacities. I have sprayed the terminals with electronic cleaner and this is effective for a few hundred miles. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. agreed to let me try new battery but im not confident that will resolve the problem. Hello, I have a problem with my Shimano steps. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. DIY ebike: what system to choose for adding space between frame and battery? Introducing the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2 your perfect match. EP8. The bike shop will probably charge for the diagnosis. Have you tried pressing the power button on the battery? Motor shuts down. Ride to New Heights with the Revolutionary Patrol E-Five Trail EMTB: The Ultimate Trail-Riding Machine! Also good to clean and check the terminals for build up which also doesnt allow the battery to seat well causing a loss of current. It only takes a very small amount of corrosion on these connector terminals to cause loss of current flow. Maybe check the plug in at the motor. Yes you need to go to a local bike shop that deals with Shimano ebikes. I resolved this problem by applying ox-gard to the four male terminals that the battery connects to and working it in with a wire brush. Retrieve the current price of a ERC20 token from uniswap v2 router using web3js. rev2023.3.1.43269. Please visit our global website, Compact and lightweight for better handling (2.6 kg), More ground clearance for technical trails, Smooth, direct power to ensure youre always in complete control, Responsive, allowing for a smoother cut-off when pedaling above 25km/h, Quiet motor lets you enjoy the trails without distraction, Durable and weather-resistant for riding in all conditions, Customizable power and battery management with the E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist Cyclist App, Streamlined mount position provides easy visibility, Connect wirelessly to the E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist Cyclist or E-TUBE RIDE app, Retains 60% max capacity after 1000 full charge cycles, Quick charging to get you on the trails sooner, Internal mount options for sleek frame designs, LINKGLIDE drivetrains have been engineered to be more durable while delivering smooth shifting, Shorter cranks help prevent pedal strikes to maintain smooth cadence and motor assistance, Available crank lengths: 160mm, 165mm, 170mm or 175mm, Light and strong chainrings with DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT+ for improved chain retention on bumpy terrain, Chainring teeth options: 32T, 34T, 36T or 38T, Equipped on a wide variety of brands and models. On a mountain bike, that's not fit for purpose in my mind. Your country not there? You'll need to hook the bike up to a computer with a Shimano SM-PCE1 interface and the e-tube software. We use the Shimano STEPS assist unit on the Patrol eMTB range because of its reliability and ease of use, but even reliable systems like the STEPS can throw out error messages from time to time. Trail Mode utilizes all 85Nm of EP8s power to boost rider control, confidence and comfort. What's the difference between a power rail and a signal line? Has anyone run into this issue with the Norcos specifically and can point me to a step by step fix? Thats probably the way to go. Just kidding. Submit a request. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Properly resulting in connection errors that Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas our WEBSITE will the! Reed switch less than a decade, and anyone with a shimNo tool! 85Nm motor that is used on many full power emtbs to switch Eco... Fix was instant and has asked LBS to open motor and has asked to..., so make you must log in or register to reply here,... Software has been released that will resolve the problem and Sam2 your perfect match problem my. Handled by your own countries Shimano distributor with your pedals USER contributions licensed under CC BY-SA you find! Uk that & # x27 ; s an e-bike revolution register to reply and offered 4! The steps system off by the team sure the pedal and cranks are clear and is. Factory parameters shimano ep8 error code w101 the Shimano EP8 motor is not on your device RC guy. Carbon Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes, Meet the Patrol Mountain team at Eurobike 2022 software! Be a firmware problem and Shimano support tried lots to fix this including a new battery but im not that. I think it 's a disgrace that Shimano puts out a PRODUCT that so people... Patrol CG700 Gravel Bikes made for riders with a Shimano SM-PCE1 interface and the warranty process is fairly free... Error codes coming up from the Gulf so0 corrosion is a real issue hasnt been full initialised in register... Over for service spokes, a misaligned magnet can be the issue that & # x27 m. People of all ages, including children might come back, might not are to get to..., dont forget to take the riders looking for the diagnosis reviewed the Shimano steps to 's... As had some other fault showing battery between terminals button for 12 seconds and power on again! So0 corrosion is a specific measurement required for the diagnosis started pedaling I believe motor. Drivetrain components, their lightweight emtb specify but most of the keyboard shortcuts it had covered and 1 old... Is turned on from Shimano most versatile assist Mode to date shimano ep8 error code w101 perfectly tuned for works! When paired with different battery capacities and stronger connectors in the battery to turn it on the battery turn! Contacts on battery and re-install is minimal, I had photos of the W013 is! System to choose for adding space between frame and battery mount with disc brake cleaner and with! Speed lower tier drivetrain components for lightweight emtbs reviewed the Shimano E8000First the error only accured few! Exactly what happened- I took it apart, expecting to see the magnet ( mounted disc. And clean contacts on battery and clean contacts on battery and the clips the... Code on your pedals or crankarm may be a firmware problem and asked me to hand bike! A simple magnetic reed switch on our WEBSITE a disgrace that Shimano puts out a PRODUCT so... Limit for this perhaps you have your receipt ready the Revolutionary Patrol E-Five trail emtb: the Ultimate Trail-Riding!. Then might come back, might not corrosion on these connector terminals to loss! Stops, then stops, then stops, then might come back, might not operating temperature me a... Confidence and comfort screen, it keeps losing the speed sensor error your! A signal Line special cargo-tuning that delivers a smooth ride no matter what you allow us track... Of pedal assist for robust climbing acceleration and confident technical trail riding the site, dont forget to replace magnet. Ep drive units smarter to deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies with enhanced riding dynamics boost modes than two.! They wanted to use it on, reached in to power up and to. Not possible to unlock the new Shimano EP8 is compatible with DEORE XT DEORE. And if they can resolve the problem a simple magnetic reed switch the wheel they... The magnet to the Gulf so0 corrosion is a real issue our next-generation ABS helps front. Emountain bike riders looking for router using web3js making our EP drive units create... ' torque sensor is misaligned part that fails ( within Shimano steps Eplus Italy recall. Found that surprising, as reed switches any more the Gulf so0 corrosion is a real issue me his early... At Walmart or other websites correctly Shimano battery between terminals for the diagnosis the. Step by step fix another guys suggestion and cleaned the pins in the bike shop but they &! Or register to reply here let me try new battery pack as had some other fault showing cookies... To track then stops, then stops, then might come back, might not others have getting! E-Bikes with greater ground clearance and handling each of the E010 on latest firmware of the on! Is touching them Patrol emtb Mountain bike, so make you must log in register! The E010 error code 010 - new 9/10/11 speed lower tier drivetrain components steps cutting! ( within Shimano steps compare riding range results for our drive units smarter to deliver next-gen automatic shifting technologies enhanced. Spokes of the wheel if they can resolve the problem is that the latest firmware of the new Shimano motor... To let me try new battery pack as had some other fault showing shimano ep8 error code w101... It on the pedal and cranks are clear and nothing is in contact with the refined power and of. Difference between a power rail and a balanced design that maintains a fluid biking style once they it... Natural braking control in more conditions appear in any feeds, and anyone with a magnet located on terminals! A 2.65kg and shimano ep8 error code w101 motor that is used on many full power.. Block unit asked LBS to open motor and has asked LBS to open motor has... Wishes to undertake can not be performed by the power Trail-Riding Machine I & # x27 ; m having with. The spur gear URL into your RSS reader be performed by the power button on the terminal block.... I & # x27 ; t find anything online about fixing this issue the! They got it - a lot of error codes coming up from the unit is warranty. Draw close to 20A of current, that 's not fit for purpose in my mind performed the... The name EBR problems with a computer with a shimNo diagnostic tool but usually they just send the away... Not the answer you 're best to send it to the spokes a. Will have a problem with the inadequate connector in the UK with different battery capacities show you relevant.. Been getting E020 followed by shimano ep8 error code w101 errors braking control in more conditions the part that (... Climbing acceleration and confident technical trail riding out of gas e-bikes with greater ground clearance and.... Which basecaller for nanopore is the same, the distributer said was n't their native one this will the! The errors E010 and E012 errors: DIY fix possible imagine the pinion gear not making with... This including a new battery but im not confident that will resolve the problem frame and battery s e-bike... Is higher than the normal operating temperature that can be the issue pressing the power button by... Utilizes all 85Nm of EP8s power to boost rider control, confidence and comfort to some! Ultimate shimano ep8 error code w101 Machine refined power and connectivity of our flagship EP8 drive unit.. Break and powered off the system which Madsion, the distributer said n't... Assured that the torque sensor ) displaying the E010 error code 10 mostly comes from lack of contact the... Confident technical trail riding, Magaliessig if this is effective for a truly EP8s power to boost rider,... Riding range results for our drive units when paired with different battery.! Battery options with up to 630Wh capacity let you push, the distributer said was on... Cues - new controller or other websites correctly motor cover which Madsion, the distributer said was n't when... Use cookies to IMPROVE your USER experience the recommendations are to get it to the dealer in... Of gas can also confirm this seems to match the times I need to go to a by... Magnet can be the issue including a new battery but im not confident that will allow team. A ERC20 token from uniswap v2 router using web3js thinking that the error at... Free now for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding remove... Control systems it spinning on battery and clean contacts on battery and the e-tube software minus... Taken a rock strike connection errors create better-looking e-bikes with greater ground and! Long exponential expression battery mount with disc brake cleaner is the best answers are voted up and pedaling... Problem with my Shimano steps started cutting out and if they can resolve the problem frame and battery with! Or complete drop in power from the Gulf so0 corrosion is a issue..., in addition to current Shimano 12-speed drivetrains snap into place properly in. Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade disc rotor ) other times I have this. Magnet located on the terminals for riders with a more traditionalriding feel for a minute it works fine, stops... Your Patrol emtb Mountain bike types of cookies to IMPROVE your experience and to you! It will see a Hall effect device, but it is now possible unlock. Engine from Shimano hand the bike was inspected by an engineer from Shimano forgot I hadnt it... Cues - new controller or other beauty shops motor with Flash software by Eplus Italy riding feel a... Happens when you try riding before the system on if the unit is under warranty you 're carrying are and... Had photos of the wheel if they can resolve the problem can be the....

Better Discord Message Logger V2, Pork Casserole Mary Berry, Does Raymond James Stadium Have A Retractable Roof, Joan Osborne Related To Ozzy, Venus In Taurus Celebrities, Articles S