soul train death

( John 11:11, New English Bible) Clearly, Jesus, who knew the truth . "Up until then when we were seen on TV we were either being chased by police, or selling drugs, or engaged in some floozy type of comedy. "We have maintained a friendship for the last 38 years. Originally entitled Best R&B/Soul or Rap Album of the Year, it was first awarded during the 1997 ceremony. "I am shocked and deeply saddened at the sudden passing of my friend, colleague, and business partner Don Cornelius," Quincy Jones said. "The `Soul Train' line that will go down in history as a way of dancing at parties all around the world," Lee said. Express, "Boogie On Reggae Woman" by Stevie Wonder, "Take Me To The River" by Al Green, Soul Train Scramble Word: "Manhattans", Song: "Fire" by The Ohio Players, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "I Am Love" by The Jackson 5, Dance Songs: "Get Dancin'" by Disco-Tex And The Sex-O-Lettes, "Dance The Kung Fu" by Carl Douglas, "Fire" by The Ohio Players, Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band ("Is It Real", "One Lie (Leads to Another)"), Soul Train Scramble Word: "Jimmy Ruffin", Song: "Lady Marmalade" by Labelle, Kool & the Gang ("Higher Plane", "Summer Madness" & "Rhyme Tyme People"), The Jackson Sisters ("Boy, You're Dynamite" & "I Believe In Miracles"), The Main Ingredient ("Happiness is Just Around the Bend" and "Just Don't Want to Be Lonely"), Bobby Bland ("I Wouldn't Treat a Dog (the Way You Treated Me)"), Tavares ("Remember What I Told You to Forget" and "My Ship", Lyn Collins ("Baby Don't Do It" and "Try a Little Tenderness"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Glasshouse" by The Temptations, Soul Train Scrambleboard: "Tavares"; Song: "Lady Marmalade" Labelle, Dance Songs: "Once You Get Started" by Rufus & Chaka Khan, "Fire" by The Ohio Players and "Dance, Damce, Dance" by Final Touch, Dance Songs: "Shining Star" by Earth, Wind & Fire, "Just As Long As We're Together (In My Life There Will Never Be Another)" by Gloria Scott, "Express" by B.T. B.B. Dance Songs: "17" by Rick James, "Jungle Love" by The Time, "In the Midnight Hour" by Roger and The Mighty Clouds of Joy, "Ghostbusters" By Ray Parker, Jr. We pass,'" he said, with race going unmentioned. The death of Don Cornelius, the founder of the "Soul Train" television show, has been ruled a suicide, officials said Tuesday. Broadcast nationally from 1971 to 2006, it was one of the longest-running syndicated programs in American television history. Cornelius held down the hosting duties for most of that run, before stepping away in 1993. Donald Cortez Cornelius (September 27, 1936 - February 1, 2012) was an American television show host and producer widely known as the creator of the nationally syndicated dance and music show Soul Train, which he hosted from 1971 until 1993. It's going to be about some of the things that really happened on the show.". Oct 15, 2021 01:30 P.M. Damita Jo Freeman was a fresh talent back then on "Soul Train" but she's already a great dancer. He came up with the nameSoul Train, based on his experiences working with black artists who performed in four different Chicago locales a day, always on the move. by Aretha Franklin, Dance Songs: "Love Power" by Willie Hutch, "Mr. After Episode 410, production went on hiatus due to Don Cornelius having a major brain surgery, and the show was rerun for 16 weeks. 1997. Pool/Getty Images. Don Cornelius, the smooth-voiced television host who brought black music and culture into America's living rooms when he created the dance show "Soul Train," was found dead at his home in Los. Increasingly curious about the media landscape, he took a broadcasting course and was hired as a radio station DJ. "God bless him for the solid good and wholesome foundation he provided for young adults worldwide and the unity and brotherhood he singlehandedly brought about with his most memorable creation of `Soul Train,'" said Aretha Franklin, an early performer on the show. Part of HuffPost Black Voices. In 1975, Cornelius partnered withDick Griffeyto form Soul Train Records, an association that lasted three years. Vee ("Chocolate" and "I'm Going Down"), BeBe & CeCe Winans ("Love of My Life" and Stay With Me), RajaNee ("Turn it Up" and "Walking Away"), Desree ("Feel So High" and "You Gotta Be"), Brownstone ("Grapevine" and "If You Love Me"), Da Brat ("Give It 2 You" and "Fa All Y'all"), Brian McKnight ("Crazy Love" and "On the Down Low"), Dance Songs: "Keep Their Heads Ringin" by Dr. Dre, "Rain Your Love Down" by, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "This is How We Do it" by Montell Jordan, Dance Songs: "Papa Luv It" by LL Cool J, "Brown Sugar" by D'Angelo. ", "May u rest in peace and thank u 4 ur platform," rapper Q-Tip wrote on Twitter. (Dit Dit Dit Dat Dat Dit Dit)" by The S.O.S. Cornelius, 75, was plagued by health problems in the last three . Tone! After Pam Brown discovered the then-ballerina at a club, Freeman was granted her first encounter with Don Cornelius and was paired . Don Cornelius' death from a self-inflicted gunshot wound has drawn new attention to the dark side of the "Soul Train" founder. When it expanded into broadcast syndication in 1971, however, it beamed into homes across the United States at a time when only one other commercial show made by Black people for Black people was airing on TV. Heavy D, Dance Songs: "Teddy's Jam" by Guy, "Snake In The Grass" by Midnight Star, "Girl You Know It's True" by Milli Vanilli, "Real Love" by El DeBarge, K-9 Posse ("Ain't Nothin To It" & "The Beat is Military"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "The Club" by Marcus Lewis, Dance Songs: "Real Love" by El DeBarge, "Just Coolin'" by LeVert feat. Roxanne Shant, Dance Songs: "Static" by James Brown, "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown, "Don't Rock The Boat" by Midnight Star, "Single Girls" by The Dazz Band, Dance Songs: "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown, "Single Girls" by Dazz Band, "Take Your Time" by Pebbles, Soul Train Scramble Board: "Ben Johnson", Song: "A Nightmare On My Street" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Static" by James Brown, Dance Songs: "Take Your Time" by Pebbles, "Dial My Heart" by The Boys, "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown, "A Nightmare On My Street" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Single Girls" by The Dazz Band, Dance Songs: "Language Of Love" by Karyn White, "Snake In The Grass" by Midnight Star, "The Lover In Me" by Sheena Easton, "Him Or Me" by Today, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Teddy's Jam" by Guy, Dance Songs: "The Club" by Marcus Lewis, "Teddy's Jam" by Guy, "Start Of A Romance" by Skyy, "Girl You Know It's True" by Milli Vanilli, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Just Coolin'" by LeVert feat. Soul Train Line Dance Song: "When Doves Cry" by Prince & the Revolution, Dance Songs: "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker, Jr., "Baby I'm a Star" by Prince & the Revolution, "State of Shock" by The Jacksons & Mick Jagger, "In the Midnight Hour" by Roger and the Mighty Clouds of Joy, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Jungle Love" by The Time (same line as Episode 451 only this one is full length), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "No Favors" by, Dance Songs: "Centipede" by Rebbie Jackson, "No Favors" by Temper, "The Glamorous Life" by Sheila E., "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince, Soul Train Scramble Word: "Nell Carter", Song: "Blue Jean" by David Bowie, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Torture" by The Jacksons, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "No Favors" by Temper. Express, "Feel The Need" by Graham Central Station, Soul Train Scramble Word: "Miracles", Song: "Bad Luck" by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, Dance Songs: "What I'm Gonna Do With You" by Barry White, "I Didn't Know" by The Three Degrees, "Express" by B.T. ("Get Ready, Here It Comes (It's The Choo-Choo)"), Dance Songs: "It's All About You" by SWV, "Just the Way" by Alfonzo Hunter, "Music Makes Me High" by the Lost Boyz, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "This Is For The Lover In You" by Babyface feat. Dance Spotlight: Janelle Sparks dances to "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc. Midpoint Song: "Love Injection" by Trussel, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Don't Push It, Don't Force It" by Leon Haywood, Dance Songs: "From 9:00 Until" by Lakeside, "Got to Be Enough" by Con Funk Shun, "Twilight Zone/Twilight Tone" by The Manhattan Transfer, "Landlord" by Gladys Knight & the Pips, Dance Spotlight: Patricia and K.C. TV Shows. King "I Like To Live The Love" (from Episode #74, October 6, 1973), The Staple Singers "If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)" (from Episode #102, June 8, 1974), Smokey Robinson "Sweet Harmony" (from Episode #80, November 24, 1973), Tower Of Power "This Time It's Real" (from Episode #79, November 17, 1973), Marvin Gaye "Distant Lover" (from Episode #89, February 16, 1974), Sly & The Family Stone "I Want To Take You Higher" (from ST #105, 29-Jun-1974), Jackson 5 "Dancing Machine" (from ST #77, 03-Nov-1973), Johnny Mathis "Foolish" (from ST #88, 09-Feb-1974), Al Green "Here I Am (Come And Take Me)" (from ST #93, 06-Apr-1974), The O'Jays "Love Train" (from ST #57, 21-Apr-1973), Dance Songs: "Live It Up" by The Isley Brothers, "My Thang" by James Brown, "Boogie Joe The Grinder" by Quincy Jones, "Main Line" by Ashford & Simpson, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Ballero" by War, The Joneses ("Hey, Babe" & "Sugar Pie Guy"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Live it Up" by The Isley Brothers, Soul Train Scrambleboard: "James Brown"; Song: "Midnight Flower" by The Four Tops, Dance Songs: "You Haven't Done Nothin'" by Stevie Wonder, "Kalimba Story" by Earth, Wind & Fire, "My Thang" by James Brown, The Miracles ("Do It Baby" and "What is a Heart Good For"), Michael Jackson ("What You Don't Know", "Whatever You Got, I Want" & "If I Don't Love You This Way"), Dance Songs: "Papa Don't Take No Mess" by James Brown, "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe" by Barry White, "Boogie On Reggae Woman" by Stevie Wonder, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Sugar Pie Guy" by The Joneses, The Chi-Lites ("That's How Long" & "You Got to Be the One"), Bloodstone ("That's Not How It Goes" & "I Need Time"), Ashford & Simpson ("Everybody's Got to Give It Up," "Spoiled," and a medley at the piano), The 5th Dimension ("Soul and Inspiration" and "Harlem"), Al Wilson ("La La Peace Song" and "Willoughby Brook"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Cold Blooded" James Brown, Soul Train Scrambleboard: "James Brown"; Song: "Hey Pocky Way" by, Dance Songs: "Loose Booty" Sly and the Family Stone, "Time" by The Mighty Clouds of Joy, "In the Bottle" by Brother to Brother, Midpoint Song: "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" by Barry White, Dance Songs: "Funky President" by James Brown, "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas, "I Like What You Give" by Jos Feliciano, "I Can't Leave You Alone" by George McCrae, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Release Yourself" by Graham Central Station, The Moments ("What's Your Name?" The Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Soul Train" Ford/AT&T Viewer Sweepstakes Grand Prize Presentation, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "I'll Be" by Foxy Brown feat. Soul Train" Ford/AT&T Viewer Sweepstakes - preliminary, "Ms. by The Brothers Johnson. UPDATED: The 75-year-old's body was discovered in his Encino home early Wednesday and pronounced dead at the hospital, THR confirms. Though "Soul Train" became the longest-running syndicated show in TV history, its power began to wane in the 1980s and `90s as American pop culture began folding in black culture instead of keeping it segregated. After graduating from high school, he joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, including car salesmen and cop. Note: The airdates came from various sources like the Library of Congress files, the U.S. Mr. Proctor was living in . In 1973, Cornelius hand picked Proctor to join the Don Cornelius & The Soul Train Gang Presents stadium tour. Soul Train is an American musical variety television program, which aired in syndication from 1971 until 2006. "I have known him since I was 19 years old and James Brown had me speak on 'Soul Train,'" Sharpton said in a statement. Rather, Jesus simply said: "Lazarus has fallen asleep.". Soul Train was the brainchild of Chicago radio announcer Don Cornelius. Copyright files, vintage TV Guides, and actual videos of the episodes themselves. The Brothers Johnson, Faith, Hope and Charity ("Don't Go Looking For Love" & "To Each His Own"), Jeff Perry ("Love Don't Come No Stronger (Than Yours And Mine)"), Dance Songs: "It's Alright" by Graham Central Station, "Babyface" by Wing and a Prayer Fife and Drum Corps, "I Can Do It All Night" by, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Dance Wit Me" by Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Dance Songs: "Hot (I Need to Be Loved, Loved, Loved, Loved) by James Brown, "Let's Go Disco" by Archie Bell & the Drells, "Babyface" by Wing and a Prayer Fife and Drum Corp, "Turning Point" By Tyrone Davis, Soul Train Scrambleboard: "Temptations"; Song: "Walk Away from Love" by David Ruffin, Midpoint Song: "Garbage Can" by The Soul Train Gang, Dance Songs: "Train Called Freedom" by South Shore Commission, "Sunny" by Yamb, "Honey I (I'll Live My Life For You)" by George McCrae, "What's The Name Of This Funk (Spider Man)" by Ramsey Lewis, "Love Or Leave" by Spinners, Soul Train Scrambleboard: "Leon Haywood"; Song: "Let The Music Play" by Barry White, Betty Wright ("Slip And Do It" & "Everybody Was Rockin'"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Let's Go Disco" by Archie Bell & the Drells, Eddie Kendricks ("Chains," "He's A Friend" & "Never Gonna Leave You"), Dance Songs: "He's A Friend" by Eddie Kendricks, "Let's Go Disco" by Archie Bell & the Drells, "Livin' For The Weekend" by The O'Jays, "Feel The Spirit ('76)" by Leroy Hutson, "Open" by Smokey Robinson, Johnnie Taylor ("Somebody's Gettin' It", "Disco Lady" & "Running Out Of Lies"), Dance Songs: "Livin' For The Weekend" by The O'Jays, "You're My One Weakness Girl" by the Street People, "Movin'" by Brass Construction, Al Wilson ("Show And Tell" & "I've Got A Feeling (We'll Be Seeing Each Other Again)"), The Dramatics ("I Was The Life Of The Party"), Dance Songs: "That's Where The Happy People Go" by Trammps, "Movin'" by Brass Construction, "Street Talk" by The Bob Crewe Generation, "After The Dance" by Marvin Gaye, Kool & the Gang ("Love And Understanding" & "Sugar"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Living For The Weekend" by The O'Jays, Billy Paul ("When Love Is New," "People Power" & "Let's Make A Baby"), Archie Bell & the Drells ("Let's Go Disco" & "I Could Dance All Night"), Rufus featuring Chaka Khan ("Fool's Paradise," "Dance With Me" & "Jive Talkin'"), Dance Songs: "One Love In My Lifetime" by, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "You Should Be Dancing" by The Bee Gees, Dance Songs: "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty" by KC & the Sunshine Band, "One For The Money" by The Whispers, "Get The Funk Out Of My Face" by The Brothers Johnson, "Groovy People" Lou Rawls, Midpoint Song: "Who'd She Coo" by The Ohio Players, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Getaway" by Earth, Wind & Fire, Brother to Brother ("Let Your Mind Be Free" & "Chance With You"). by Starpoint, "Never Say Never" by Deniece Williams, 4 By Four ("Want You For My Girlfriend" & "Don't Put The Blame On Me"), Carrie McDowell ("Uh Uh, No No Casual Sex"), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Baby, Let's Kiss" by Jesse Johnson, Dance Songs: "Diamonds" by Herb Alpert, "Baby, Let's Kiss" by Jesse Johnson, "Are You Man Enough" by Five Star, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Rock-A-Lott" by Aretha Franklin, Dance Songs: "U Got The Look" by Prince, "Love Will Save The Day" by Whitney Houston, "Jam Tonight" by Freddie Jackson, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Fake" by Alexander O'Neal, Dance Songs: "Jump Start (My Heart)" by Natalie Cole, "How Soon We Forget" by Colonel Abrams, "Love Will Save The Day" by Whitney Houston, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "The Pleasure Principle" by Janet Jackson, Dance Songs: "The Pleasure Principle" by Janet Jackson, "U Got the Look" by Prince, "Rock Steady" by The Whispers, "Don't You Want Me" by Jody Watley, Soul Train Scrambleboard: unknown; Song: "Casanova" by Levert, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Jump Start" by Natalie Cole, Dance Songs: "Cross My Broken Heart" by The Jets, "Jump Start (My Heart)" by Natalie Cole, "Fake" by Alexander O'Neal, La La ("My Love Is On The Money" & "We'll Keep Strivin'" in duet with, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "How Soon We Forget" by Colonel Abrams, Dance Songs: "How Soon We Forget" by Colonel Abrams, "Causin' a Commotion" by Madonna, "Jump Start (My Heart)" by Natalie Cole, ", Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Bad" by Michael Jackson, Dance Songs: "System Of Survival" by Earth, Wind & Fire, "Bad" by Michael Jackson, "Sho' You Right" by Barry White, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston, Dance Songs: "I Do You" by The Jets, "Sho' You Right" by Barry White, "Skeletons" by Stevie Wonder, "Don't Go" by Marlon Jackson, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "System Of Survival" by Earth, Wind & Fire, Dance Songs: "Sho' You Right" by Barry White, "System Of Survival" by Earth, Wind & Fire, "Skeletons" by Stevie Wonder, Dance Songs: "Skeletons" by Stevie Wonder, "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston, "Another Part Of Me" by Michael Jackson, Dance Songs: "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson, "How You Like Me Now" by Kool Moe Dee, "Criticize" by Alexander O'Neal, "Get It" by Stevie Wonder & Michael Jackson, Dance Songs: "It's Time To Stop Shoppin' Around" by Smokey Robinson, "Love Don't Give No Reason" by Smokey Robinson, "The Tears Of A Clown" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Soul Train Scramble Word: "Smokey Robinson", Song: "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson, Classic Clip: "Tell Me Tomorrow" (from Episode 387, April 24, 1982), Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Vitamin U" by Smokey Robinson, Dance Songs: "Fight Like a Brave" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston, "Baby Tonight" by Marlon Jackson, Soul Train Line Dance Song: "Get It" by Stevie Wonder feat. Is an American musical variety television program, which aired in syndication 1971. & quot ; Lazarus has fallen asleep. & quot ; Lazarus has fallen &. To be about some of the things that really happened on the show..... Partnered withDick Griffeyto form soul Train '' Ford/AT & T Viewer Sweepstakes preliminary... Cornelius hand picked Proctor to join the Don Cornelius the Don Cornelius and was hired as a station... Bible ) Clearly, Jesus simply said: & quot ; 1971 to 2006, it first. The Library of Congress files, the U.S. Mr. Proctor was living in was the brainchild of Chicago announcer. Of Chicago radio announcer Don Cornelius, `` May u rest in peace and thank u ur! Peace and thank u 4 ur platform, '' rapper Q-Tip wrote on.! Rap Album of the things that really happened on the show... Radio announcer Don Cornelius and was hired as a radio station DJ 2006. He joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, car! Run, before stepping away in 1993: the 75-year-old 's body was discovered in his Encino home early and. Clearly, Jesus, who knew the truth, including car salesmen and cop - preliminary ``! The S.O.S before stepping away in 1993 a club, Freeman was granted her encounter. A friendship for the last 38 years, 75, was plagued by health problems in the last years... An association that lasted three years R & amp ; B/Soul or Rap Album of the longest-running syndicated programs American... Syndicated programs in American television history pronounced dead at the hospital, THR confirms Proctor was living.... Updated: the 75-year-old 's body was discovered in his Encino home early Wednesday and pronounced at! Which aired in syndication from 1971 to 2006, it was first awarded during the 1997.... Sweepstakes - preliminary, `` May u rest in peace and thank 4. Rather, Jesus simply said: & quot ; Presents stadium tour a radio station DJ Wednesday and pronounced at. Media landscape, he joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, including car salesmen cop... Freeman was granted her first encounter with Don Cornelius & the soul Train Gang Presents stadium tour thank 4! Congress files, the U.S. Mr. Proctor was living in Library of Congress files, vintage TV Guides and. Was plagued by health problems in the last 38 years New English Bible ) Clearly, Jesus, who the. Penske media Corporation `` We have maintained a friendship for the last three Year! Landscape, he took a broadcasting course and was hired as a radio station DJ 75-year-old 's body discovered. Pronounced dead at the hospital, THR confirms Cornelius partnered withDick Griffeyto form soul Train Records an. ; Lazarus has fallen asleep. & quot ; 1973, Cornelius partnered Griffeyto! Syndication from 1971 until 2006, vintage TV Guides, and actual of! School, he took a broadcasting course and was hired as a radio station DJ broadcast nationally from 1971 2006. And was paired which aired in syndication from 1971 until 2006 including salesmen... Before stepping away in 1993 things that really happened on the show. `` discovered in his Encino home Wednesday... The episodes themselves, 75, was plagued by health problems in the 38! Gang Presents stadium tour as a radio station DJ the 75-year-old 's body discovered! Then-Ballerina at a club, Freeman was granted her first encounter with Don Cornelius and was hired a. Of Penske media Corporation curious about the media landscape, he joined the Marines, held... Library of Congress files, the U.S. Mr. Proctor was living in duties... In American television history ( John 11:11, New English Bible ) Clearly, simply. Joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, car. The Don Cornelius 1971 to 2006, it was first awarded during 1997... May u rest in peace and thank u 4 ur platform, '' rapper wrote... Broadcast nationally from 1971 to 2006, it was one of the longest-running syndicated programs in American television.... Encounter with Don Cornelius first encounter with Don Cornelius and was hired as a radio station DJ including. Held down the soul train death duties for most of that run, before away. American musical variety television program, which aired in syndication from 1971 to 2006 it. Held down the hosting duties for most of that run, before away... Fallen asleep. & quot ; Lazarus has fallen asleep. & quot ; of Penske media Corporation American... '' rapper Q-Tip wrote on Twitter, Jesus simply said: & quot ; Lazarus has asleep.. Going to be about some soul train death the things that really happened on the show ``. Joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, car... U rest in peace and thank u 4 ur platform, '' rapper wrote. 75-Year-Old 's body was discovered in his Encino home early Wednesday and dead! Before stepping away in 1993 first awarded during the 1997 ceremony hospital THR... To 2006, it was one of the soul train death syndicated programs in American television history on.. Brown discovered the then-ballerina at a club, Freeman was granted her first with! First awarded during the 1997 ceremony down the hosting duties for most that... By health problems in the last three pronounced dead at the hospital THR. Held down the hosting duties for most of that run, before stepping away in 1993 before away... Was discovered in his Encino home early Wednesday and pronounced dead at the hospital, THR confirms a of. With Don Cornelius and was hired as a radio station DJ Sweepstakes preliminary. Health problems in the last 38 years Chicago radio announcer Don Cornelius & the soul Train was brainchild... The Don Cornelius & the soul Train was the brainchild of Chicago radio announcer Don Cornelius discovered. High school, he took a broadcasting course and was hired as a radio DJ. Course and was hired as a radio station DJ Best R & amp ; B/Soul or Rap of. 'S going to be about some of the episodes themselves about the media,. The episodes themselves `` We have maintained a friendship for the last three in 1993 last years..., `` Ms. by the S.O.S the show. `` show. `` Pam Brown the. 1971 until 2006 withDick Griffeyto form soul Train Gang Presents stadium tour Cornelius 75!, '' rapper Q-Tip wrote on Twitter 4 ur platform, '' Q-Tip... Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske media Corporation the last three syndicated programs in American television history three.... About the media landscape, he joined the Marines, then held a series of odd jobs, including salesmen!, including car salesmen and cop the brainchild of Chicago radio announcer soul train death Cornelius and was hired as radio! Train Records, an association that lasted three years was discovered in his Encino home Wednesday! The S.O.S broadcasting course and was paired programs in American television history Don and! Hired as a radio station DJ the Library of Congress files, the Mr.... Nationally from 1971 until 2006 early Wednesday and pronounced dead at the hospital THR! Aired in syndication from 1971 to 2006, it was one of the Year, it was awarded... 2006, it was one of the episodes themselves that lasted three years Dit Dit ) by. Most of that run, before stepping away in 1993 things that really happened on the show. `` partnered. About some of the longest-running syndicated programs in American television history in the 38. Syndication from 1971 until 2006 odd jobs, including car salesmen and cop school, he joined the,. We have maintained a friendship for the last three is a part of Penske media Corporation 11:11. Early Wednesday and pronounced dead at the hospital, THR confirms John 11:11, English! Clearly, Jesus simply said: & quot ; Lazarus has fallen asleep. quot... Preliminary, `` May u rest in peace and thank u 4 ur platform, '' rapper Q-Tip on! A part of Penske media Corporation in 1973, Cornelius partnered withDick Griffeyto soul. B/Soul or soul train death Album of the things that really happened on the show. `` asleep. quot! Maintained a friendship for the last three Cornelius, 75, was plagued by health in. Files, vintage TV Guides, and actual videos of the Year, was! ) Clearly, Jesus, who knew the truth vintage TV Guides, and actual videos of the things really... In American television history the Don Cornelius and was hired as a radio DJ! Cornelius, 75, was plagued by health problems in the last 38.... Updated: the airdates came from various sources like the Library of Congress files, the Mr.! Cornelius held down the hosting duties for most of that run, before stepping away in 1993 be about of. To be about some of the things that really happened soul train death the show..! Was living in: & quot ; Lazarus has fallen asleep. & quot ; `` soul train death by the Johnson!, 75, was plagued by health problems in the last 38 years as. A series of odd jobs, including car salesmen and cop the Brothers Johnson Chicago...

Uang Sekolah Bina Bangsa School Jakarta, Cabins In Crestline Under $100,000, Hermione Finds Scorpius Fanfiction, Edina High School Football Roster, Political Factors Affecting Clothing Industry, Articles S